Sign in to follow this  
Sho Nuff

Spermoff of action movies....actors...

Had the conversation the other night. Maybe not Mt Rushmore type...but what other actors can compete as having multiple iconic rolls with Sly Stallone and Harrison Ford?

Who is touching Rambo and Rocky...or Indiana Jones and Han Solo?

Arnold may be the closest...Terminator and Conan...and a multitude of badasses from Predator and Commando...

Sly seems the badass with those two...and hard to get cooler than Jones and Solo.

This is going to fall into the sleeper category probably but he's also my favorite actor of all time.

Robert Downey jr.

Action actor with his Iron Man series but very versatile in the roles he's played and played very well.

Clint Eastwood

Dirty Harry

Man with no name

Philo Beddo (sp?)

ETA i would add Western named characters like Josie Wales and William Munny

This is going to fall into the sleeper category probably but he's also my favorite actor of all time.

Robert Downey jr.

Action actor with his Iron Man series but very versatile in the roles he's played and played very well.

That's a good one...just doesn't have another great role there to go with it. And as much as I like Stark/Iron Man...doesn't really compare to those iconic roles either.

Clint Eastwood

Dirty Harry

Man with no name

Philo Beddo (sp?)

ETA i would add Western named characters like Josie Wales and William Munny

That's going to be the closest thing if not in right up there with them yes.

Dudes, I am serious as a heart attack about this one. The actor who gets his own damn category has to be Danny Trejo.

Some of you may be thinking who? But Google him, take one look at his face and you will absolutely agree.

Then look at his IMDb page. Feather mucker was in and still is in a huge amount of action movies.

Not to mention, unlike anybody else you can think of, he is the real effing deal. He went into acting after leaving prison.

He makes every other so-called action star look like the Pampered 's that they are.

That's a good one...just doesn't have another great role there to go with it. And as much as I like Stark/Iron Man...doesn't really compare to those iconic roles either.

New rule: instantly DQd if you were on Ally McBeal.

New rule: instantly DQd if you were on Ally McBeal.

Fine...then you should be dq'd for banging ally mcbeal.....bye bye harrison.

You know, a sneaky one would be somebody like Ian McKellen or Patrick Stewart who were in The Hobbit franchises and the Marvel Universe.

Fine...then you should be dq'd for banging ally mcbeal.....bye bye harrison.

TOUCHE! Well played fine sir! :first:

For the record, for my money, Harrison Ford hands down. It's hard enough not to be Typecast when you are in one hugely successful franchise, let alone 2.

But the range and depth of his acting Beyond those roles far surpasses that of most 'serious'actors, much less action stars .

For the record, for my money, Harrison Ford hands down. It's hard enough not to be Typecast when you are in one hugely successful franchise, let alone 2.

But the range and depth of his acting Beyond those roles far surpasses that of most 'serious'actors, much less action stars .

I can get on board with that. He's fantastic because he's an action figure that seems personable not superhuman.... bumbles around at times and makes fun of himself.

GDammitt, I am NOT going to argue for Tom Cruise.

There may be some traction there, but I am NOT carrying his water.

Ghost rider<>Indy

And nobody thinks of Ethan Hawk.

- even if he does do his own stunts. Can't do it.

Jesse Ventura

William Shatner

James T Kirk

TJ Hooker

and my favorite... Dennycrane

:pointstosky:

Mel Gibson

Max

Martin Riggs

Add in William Wallace and yeah...he is in that conversation with Stallone.

Add in William Wallace and yeah...he is in that conversation with Stallone.

:doh: I think my brain was stuck in the 80's.

Yeah...those two iconic characters...and still have the role in Blade Runner...in its own a great role.

Not all the films were memorable (some were)...But I've always argued that this guy has the coolest list of historical/iconic names played BY FAR......

In different films/projects, Val Kilmer has played:

- Iceman

- Billy the Kid

- Jim Morrison

- Doc Holliday

- Elvis

- Batman

- God

- John Holmes

- Moses

- Wyatt Earp

- Mark Twain

I was going to try to make a case for Tom Hanks... Forrest Gump... and.... and... nothing... all his other characters are kinda' "everyman" characters... maybe not that bad but certainly not Indiana Jones and Han Solo.

Sooo... Hanks is out.