Sign in to follow this  
gitrdun

Doug Martin

Or like every team out there except the selective few, they use a third down/2 minutes passing back. Sims and Rogers are both passing backs.

From what I can see, Martin ran almost all the running downs except when it is passing downs. Reality is he will be sharing snaps with Sims. Maybe Rogers for breather. That's better than most RBs out there, so you still have a winner, just not a DJ or Bell.

And it was against the Patriots. Their D is terrible. They weren't really holding Jameis back last night. (He was doing that himself)

those wondering why he was "benched" in the 4th. it was clear to me that sims is the passing down back. circumstances dictated that THAT package be on the field. martin was not "benched".

either that's the way it is going to be OR they will rethink things and get him more involved in the passing packages going forward.

Martin is a good pass catching back, but his absence maybe meant that he wasnt fully up to speed on the two minute offense. I think they will ramp up his use in the coming weeks.

I cant see him sitting on the bench when he is clearly the most productive back in Tampa.

i agree he is good at receiving. there are various other factors like blitz pick up and then also just not running your main back into the ground by overuse.

i sure hope martin will be added into the hurry up and obvious passing packages

Martin is a good pass catching back, but his absence maybe meant that he wasnt fully up to speed on the two minute offense. I think they will ramp up his use in the coming weeks.

I cant see him sitting on the bench when he is clearly the most productive back in Tampa.

I sort of support the pitch count theory. But man, the way he was running, they probably would have won the game (in spite of Folk) if he wasn't on a count.

i agree he is good at receiving. there are various other factors like blitz pick up and then also just not running your main back into the ground by overuse.

i sure hope martin will be added into the hurry up and obvious passing packages

I wouldnt worry about that. Martin has played 3 less games than everyone else.

I think it's just a matter of getting him into game shape and getting him up to speed for situational play. (such as 2 minute offense) where you would run something a bit different from the base offense.

I wouldnt worry about that. Martin has played 3 less games than everyone else.

I think it's just a matter of getting him into game shape and getting him up to speed for situational play. (such as 2 minute offense) where you would run something a bit different from the base offense.

i sure hope so. the all down workhorse is just so rare anymore. i will be grinning the second i see martin in the game during a 2 minute drill

i sure hope so. the all down workhorse is just so rare anymore. i will be grinning the second i see martin in the game during a 2 minute drill

well, he is a very solid pass catcher, so it would not surprise me to see him in the 2 minute drill at some point. Cuz really you dont run during the 2 minute drill, those are all pass plays, and if he's a solid checkdown receiver I dont see why they wouldnt use him at some point.

either to not wear him out or because they think sims is better at catching and pass blocking. the pass blocking being the more valued ability

well, he is a very solid pass catcher, so it would not surprise me to see him in the 2 minute drill at some point. Cuz really you dont run during the 2 minute drill, those are all pass plays, and if he's a solid checkdown receiver I dont see why they wouldnt use him at some point.

I sort of support the pitch count theory. But man, the way he was running, they probably would have won the game (in spite of Folk) if he wasn't on a count.

They should have put Folk on a kick count.

• Like 1

If you stay on zero, is that really counting?! :dunno:

If you stay on zero, is that really counting?! :dunno:

You have to count all the ones on the sideline into the net. That's like...five...right there. Then cut him off. Just go for it on 4th down instead. Like back when Warner and the Rams had a hurt kicker and they were like "Fock it, just go for it all the time".

Or just have a lineman do it.

They should have put him on the first bus out of town.

I so wish this had been one of the NY teams instead of Tampa. Imagine all the incredible headlines that would have sprang from it:

"Folked Again!"

"All Folked Up!"

"What the Folk?!"

Comedy gold...

Muscular Hamster is ranked 29th overall for this week on this site. One spot behind the Texans backup RB.

Currently ranked 12th on FantasyPros.

If he ends up 29th overall, barring injury, I'll eat my shoe.

Muscular Hamster is ranked 29th overall for this week on this site. One spot behind the Texans backup RB.

You mean if he ends up exactly 29th overall? That's too safe of a bet, man. You need to say if he 'doesn't rank higher', right?

I want to see some shoe-eating! :P

i found that ranking curious as well. maybe i'm looking through martin colored glasses, but he looked good to me last week and should get more opportunity this week. i would THINK.... right?

personally i think things are trending away from zona being such a tough match up.

maybe i shouldn't be holding my breath, but i'm not going to be too surprised if TB's offense doesn't evolve a bit here in the next few weeks

personally i think things are trending away from zona being such a tough match up.

maybe i shouldn't be holding my breath, but i'm not going to be too surprised if TB's offense doesn't evolve a bit here in the next few weeks

I hope they are tough for one more week, so Jarvis has to eat his shoes. :)

I hope they are tough for one more week, so Jarvis has to eat his shoes. :)

Just one shoe. Not both. That would just be crazy. What do you think I'm a weirdo or something?

I so wish this had been one of the NY teams instead of Tampa. Imagine all the incredible headlines that would have sprang from it:

"Folked Again!"

"All Folked Up!"

"What the Folk?!"

Comedy gold...

Folked Over

You guys rolling with Doug today vs Arizona?

Debating on whether to move Thielen in over him at the flex....and get the guaranteed floor/volume.

Just one shoe. Not both. That would just be crazy. What do you think I'm a weirdo or something?

Well, I figured, with just one shoe left...and maybe you'd like the first one. They're like Lays!

Starting Martin over Ingram today.

Yikes.

Couldn't blame you though

Spent a 5th round pick on Martin.

Barring injury, it looks like he's gonna have a decent season. Value pick pay off.

He looked amazing today as others said just bad game script but he still paid off I'm happy to have him as my number 3 rb which will help since I lost obj.

That garbage time td is going to save my ass this week.....

Was about to roll into Monday night needing Demarco to score a td to win....now the clown just has to grind out 4 yards and not fumble. Hope he gets there by end of 3rd quarter.

can anyone who saw the game tell me if martin was on the field during hurry up/pass mode?

Seems like Sims got a lot more action during that time. They even brought in Rogers for a few carries. Then for whatever reason brought Martin in on a fourth-and-goal where he got his touchdown

I've said this in another thread, but I typically never play a guy coming back off a multi-week injury or a multi-week suspension. Le'Veon Bell missed training camp and it took him 4 games to begin to look like himself. That's not an apple-to-apples comparison, but the same was true last year when he was suspended. These guys are just too prone to injuring themselves that first game back (or reinjuring themselves, ala OBJ). I will sit them unless I have no other options. Plus the Tampa Bay HC (Koetter?) made a statement that didn't sound very committed to Martin. For me, until he proves otherwise, on the one team I have him on:

L Bell > C Hyde > C McCaffrey > J White > A Collins > D Martin.

Martin is a waste of roster space this year. He won't see my starting lineup even as a flex for the rest of the year.