Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**2012 Masters Thread**

So much for my #2 pick. Dustin Johnson has withdrawn...

Dj just hasn't been right all year

Dj just hasn't been right all year

I don't know about physically, but he hasn't been too terrilble this year. In 7 starts he has 6 cuts made and 3 top ten's. For the most part I think DJ is what he is - an emensely talented golfer who underachieves. Maybe had things worked out better at Whistling Straits his career would of taken off like anticipated - but he basically just treads water now. If he ever finds a putting stroke he can trust, watch out.

Pairings/t-times released - Here

A 14 time major winner draws Jimenez and Bae? No offense Miguel Angel and Sang-Moon, but c'mon - who the fock wants to see that? :thumbsdown:

I don't know about physically, but he hasn't been too terrilble this year. In 7 starts he has 6 cuts made and 3 top ten's. For the most part I think DJ is what he is - an emensely talented golfer who underachieves. Maybe had things worked out better at Whistling Straits his career would of taken off like anticipated - but he basically just treads water now. If he ever finds a putting stroke he can trust, watch out.

He just hasn't looked right to me. Couldn't put my finger on it and I havnt read yet why he withdrew.

Pairings/t-times released - Here

A 14 time major winner draws Jimenez and Bae? No offense Miguel Angel and Sang-Moon, but c'mon - who the fock wants to see that? :thumbsdown:

couldn't very well pair him with Phil what with he recent history of spankings :D

Gotta make sure tigger is there come sunday

Back from my Monday Practice Rounds at the Masters... What a long but great day!!

Departed the North ATL area ~6am and we were parked and on the course by 9am. Seemed like MANY more people on site since the last time I was there 10 years ago. They handle the crowds so well - from getting to the parking areas from the interstate, getting in/out of the main merchandise store to concessions - a first class operation. The grounds are so perfect - nothing is out of place. The one thing missing was azaleas in bloom. North GA didn't have much winter and everything has bloomed out by now. Had a pimento cheese and egg salad sammich and a beer @ lunch for $6. Wanted to follow Tiger a bit, but he only played the back 9 starting at 8am. We caught him on the range in the afternoon and he's hitting it well. Didn't see Nippleson or McIlroy, but most everyone else was on site as we walked the course. Fun watching the groups try to skip one on the 16th after hitting their tee shots. I had not seen that before. Back home ~10pm.

If you ever get a chance to get to Augusta National, it's a must for the golf lovers.

couldn't very well pair him with Phil what with he recent history of spankings :D

Ha, for sure. But I think they could of done a way better job of giving us a battle inside of the battle for Thurs./Fri........ Rory got Bubba & El Pato, Keegan got Schwartzel & K. Kraft, Phil got Mahan, and Donald got Molinari & Watney. In keeping in line with these - a Day & Fowler pairing would of been way more exciting.

Actually they do that as more of a service to all the other big name golfers that could have been paired with Tiger. There will be more attention, more cameras, and a huge gallery following the Tiger Woods grouping. It's beneficial for any other golfer to NOT play with Tiger. Less commotion, less stress for the other players.

Tiger could care less as he gets that at every tournament. This is normally done as a favor to the other top golfers that the Masters want there, not the other way around.

Actually they do that as more of a service to all the other big name golfers that could have been paired with Tiger. There will be more attention, more cameras, and a huge gallery following the Tiger Woods grouping. It's beneficial for any other golfer to NOT play with Tiger. Less commotion, less stress for the other players.

I don't really believe that too much. The big names that could of (would of) made for a more exciting Thurs/Fri pairing are already use to the limelight and perfectly familiar with the circus that is Tiger. Most in fact have played with him on a number of occassions. Just last year Tiger drew Robert Allenby and (then reigning us open champion) Graeme McDowell. If you can't get preferential treatment for being a reigning US Open champ, when can you? In football defense terms Tiger's pairing was a blown coverage - poor job Masters Gods.

Guys like Phil and rory don't care about tigers circus following they have their own. It certainly hasn't phased Phil in a while

The bigger issue Is tv coverage. You'll always see tiger and Phil and the other top names sort of split up between morning and afternoon so the pga will have a big draw each day when ESPN coverage begins.

I wagered on Rory at 5-1, Webb Simpson at 50-1, and $5 on Patrick Cantlay at 250-1.

:overhead:

I really have a hard time betting low odds, 20-1 or less (in golf), on anyone but Tiger. I think true odds are more like 3-1 for him this tourney, so I bet the 4-1. Then I play some long odds on someone who has the game for the course. I did Cabrera, he obviously has the game and I think I am getting better than true odds there too.

2009 I had Kenny Perry at 66-1 when he had a 2 stroke lead with 2 to play :mad: . The mutha foka cost me $1200 in winnings on that one. I still hate him for that. As far as I know he hasn't done anything since, I am not a hater, but I dislike that fool bigtime. Fock him. I used the Mark O'Meara theory on him. Almost paid.

So I am going with the Olazabal theory with Cabrera this year. We'll see....

:music_guitarred:

I really have a hard time betting low odds, 20-1 or less (in golf), on anyone but Tiger. I think true odds are more like 3-1 for him this tourney, so I bet the 4-1. Then I play some long odds on someone who has the game for the course. I did Cabrera, he obviously has the game and I think I am getting better than true odds there too.

2009 I had Kenny Perry at 66-1 when he had a 2 stroke lead with 2 to play :mad: . The mutha foka cost me $1200 in winnings on that one. I still hate him for that. As far as I know he hasn't done anything since, I am not a hater, but I dislike that fool bigtime. Fock him. I used the Mark O'Meara theory on him. Almost paid.

I agree with the low odds theory, but I really think Rory is gonna roll over them all this week. I feel like it is betting on Tiger in his prime. Just like in the horse races, the odds don't matter if you don't have the winner!

im throwing 20 on a few guys and then 20 in tiger at 4-1 to sort of hedge my bets.

Back from my Monday Practice Rounds at the Masters... What a long but great day!!

Departed the North ATL area ~6am and we were parked and on the course by 9am. Seemed like MANY more people on site since the last time I was there 10 years ago. They handle the crowds so well - from getting to the parking areas from the interstate, getting in/out of the main merchandise store to concessions - a first class operation. The grounds are so perfect - nothing is out of place. The one thing missing was azaleas in bloom. North GA didn't have much winter and everything has bloomed out by now. Had a pimento cheese and egg salad sammich and a beer @ lunch for $6. Wanted to follow Tiger a bit, but he only played the back 9 starting at 8am. We caught him on the range in the afternoon and he's hitting it well. Didn't see Nippleson or McIlroy, but most everyone else was on site as we walked the course. Fun watching the groups try to skip one on the 16th after hitting their tee shots. I had not seen that before. Back home ~10pm.

If you ever get a chance to get to Augusta National, it's a must for the golf lovers.

Sounds like a good time. But how can you tell Tiger is hitting it well, I mean, on his worst day, he would be hitting it well in my eyes? I just don't see how you would know he is hitting it "well" if you don't know exactly what he was trying to do with the ball.

I agree with the low odds theory, but I really think Rory is gonna roll over them all this week. I feel like it is betting on Tiger in his prime. Just like in the horse races, the odds don't matter if you don't have the winner!

Yeah, Tiger in his prime was consistently 2-1 odds week in and week out which is astronomically low. A show of how dominant he was. Rory is a fair distance away from there as of now.

Sounds like a good time. But how can you tell Tiger is hitting it well, I mean, on his worst day, he would be hitting it well in my eyes? I just don't see how you would know he is hitting it "well" if you don't know exactly what he was trying to do with the ball.

We were watching him in the practice bunkers and pitching/short game. He was surrounding the targeted cups and controlling the ball. His stroke and distance control was on the money. Watched him putt for a while as well - thru the sea of others trying to catch a glimpse. Amazing how fast those greens are.

Had money on Rory last year. We all know how that went. I fully expect him to roll this year.

Not just with Tiger, but you can generally tell when anyone is hitting well - even accomlished pros. Tiger was clicking at Bay Hill, hitting it extremely well. How could you tell? He was hitting the shots he was setting up to hit. The stinger was working, the left to right (controlled) driver was working, his trajectory with his irons was on, and his distance control was there - all signs somebody is hitting it well. On the range it's pretty easy as well to tell - just look and see if they are fighting their swing. Are the setting up and working on fading the ball? If if does with ease, they are hitting it well - if it double-crosses and goes left, not so much. Just general things like that....... Conversely watch someone like Paul Casey, Anthony Kim, or even Martin Kaymer. They are all over the place bcoz they are fighting their swing. Kaymer has been trying to hit the ball righ to left and he has been in constant struggle with that motion.

We were watching him in the practice bunkers and pitching/short game. He was surrounding the targeted cups and controlling the ball. His stroke and distance control was on the money. Watched him putt for a while as well - thru the sea of others trying to catch a glimpse. Amazing how fast those greens are.

Oh okay, I was picturing him just hitting on the range, didn't think about all that. cool. :thumbsup:

The only PGA tour event I ever attended was the Byron Nelson in Dallas a number of years ago. Followed Tiger for about 6 holes. He birdied 5 of them, but it was too late for him to make a run. One hole I was in perfect line on a green behind the hole on his putt, so when he lined it up, I was right behind the hole in his line of sight. I could see the break, it was pretty straight up hill, with a break right at the end. So when he lined up behind his ball I motioned the way I thought the break was, he ignored or didn't see me. :overhead: He nailed the 25 footer for bird. :overhead:

Uggh, still pretty jealous....... I keep hearing that bcoz of the mild winter, all of the azaleas bloomed early and are not even visible right now. How weird did that look?

Ha - Ron Sirak tweeted this morning, "Course opening pused back to to 8:40 at Augusta National. They found a downed tree without a credential.." :D

I keep hearing that bcoz of the mild winter, all of the azaleas bloomed early and are not even visible right now. How weird did that look?

It was strange - especially in Amen Corner and 15... If you see a bunch of bloomin' azaleas on the TV coverage, then they truck'd them in

Also, as usual, rough is non-existance out there. Plenty of freshly bedded pine straw in play.

John Senden. Talk to me.

One of the most powerful, effortless swings you will ever see. I mean it literally looks like he's taking a practice swing - then it takes off. Guess it helps to be 6'3", but still....... I've always liked him, but he's just never put it together. Most of that is short game related - not surprising there. Really has no history at Augusta, missd both cuts he's played in. I'd stay away from him - be an extra, extra, long shot.

One of the most powerful, effortless swings you will ever see. I mean it literally looks like he's taking a practice swing - then it takes off. Guess it helps to be 6'3", but still....... I've always liked him, but he's just never put it together. Most of that is short game related - not surprising there. Really has no history at Augusta, missd both cuts he's played in. I'd stay away from him - be an extra, extra, long shot.

Yeah, his putter is his biggest liability...that can't be a good thing at Augusta!

Tourney time!! :banana:

My bets:

Adam Scott to win: $20 to win $560

Justin Rose to win: $10 to win $300

Bubba Watson to lead after the first round: $10 to win $450

Tourney time!! :banana:

My bets:

Adam Scott to win: $20 to win $560

Justin Rose to win: $10 to win $300

Bubba Watson to lead after the first round: $10 to win $450

I like all three of those. The Bubba one is a great sneaky play as he is notorious for starting out strong and then blowing it on the weekend. Well done.

We had our draft last night. It ended up being 10 people instead of 8 and we went 5 rounds. I drew the 8th pick. :thumbsdown: But I think I came out like a bandit. :headbanger:

Keegan Bradley

Adam Scott

Bill Haas

J.Dufner

E.Molinari (that one was for you Cruzer)

If one of those guys win I take home 5 bills. :bandana:

John Senden. Talk to me.

See my original post. He's in my top ten for the week.

Paidrig Harrington with the early eagle on 2 to take the lead...

See my original post. He's in my top ten for the week.

I almost drafted him over E.Molinari. Hopefully I dont' regret it. I just read where Senden is like top 5 in overall stats or some weird metric. Dude is pretty good. :unsure:

I like all three of those. The Bubba one is a great sneaky play as he is notorious for starting out strong and then blowing it on the weekend. Well done.

We had our draft last night. It ended up being 10 people instead of 8 and we went 5 rounds. I drew the 8th pick. :thumbsdown: But I think I came out like a bandit. :headbanger:

Keegan Bradley

Adam Scott

Bill Haas

J.Dufner

E.Molinari (that one was for you Cruzer)

If one of those guys win I take home 5 bills. :bandana:

Solid squad. Bradley was another guy that was on my radar this week. :thumbsup:

Definitely a challenge to win consecutive majors though.

Also!@#

Live coverage on Masters.com starting at 10:45 ET with the feed from Amen Corner. Needless to say, most of us won't be getting a lot of work done today. :D

Live coverage

my prediction...

tiger acts like the doosh he is, plays like sh;t for two rounds and then fakes an injury.

everyone hypes up lee westwood...then he sucks. as usual.

approx 7-10 golfers deserve to get their asses kicked for the outfits they wear

rory mclroy collapses in epic fashion. again.

some tool like oooystershoesin wins.

also, any chance harrington or kaymer can win?

my prediction...

tiger acts like the doosh he is, plays like sh;t for two rounds and then fakes an injury.

everyone hypes up lee westwood...then he sucks. as usual.

approx 7-10 golfers deserve to get their asses kicked for the outfits they wear

rory mclroy collapses in epic fashion. again.

some tool like oooystershoesin wins.

also, any chance harrington or kaymer can win?

What do you have against Oosthuzien? That dude is pretty cool.

Early calls from Augusta - the competition committee has the course set up rather tough for a Thursday. Some of the pins are in the most difficult spots......... Stoms moving in later in the day - if somebody can post a number early it would be a huge advantage.

What do you have against Oosthuzien? That dude is pretty cool.

As well as also having one of the best swings in all of golf.

Early calls from Augusta - the competition committee has the course set up rather tough for a Thursday. Some of the pins are in the most difficult spots......... Stoms moving in later in the day - if somebody can post a number early it would be a huge advantage.

Any word on if the went with lift, clean and cheat; or are they playing it down?

Any word on if the went with lift, clean and cheat; or are they playing it down?

Playing it down, but that decission could get dicey later in the day. Billy Payne was talking about it y-day in the Chairman's press conference - he hinted that the committee would go to extreme measures to avoid having to go that route.

Playing it down, but that decission could get dicey later in the day. Billy Payne was talking about it y-day in the Chairman's press conference - he hinted that the committee would go to extreme measures to avoid having to go that route.

Yeah...that could come back to bite them, especially with the expected storms coming in. I sure like it that way better, but would hate for someone to really pay the price for it in a critical situation.