Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**2012 Masters Thread**

What do you have against Oosthuzien? That dude is pretty cool.

nothing. actually like him. just sayin'

Early calls from Augusta - the competition committee has the course set up rather tough for a Thursday. Some of the pins are in the most difficult spots......... Stoms moving in later in the day - if somebody can post a number early it would be a huge advantage.

Interesting. I was always under the impression that the pins were in the same spots every year on a day to day basis. The Sunday pins are always the same, correct?

Interesting. I was always under the impression that the pins were in the same spots every year on a day to day basis. The Sunday pins are always the same, correct?

Some, some are always in the same spot - but not always. Right off of the top of my head you can count on #11, #12, #15, and #16 as always being in their traditional Sunday pin placements - but others are often moved. In 2004 the competition committee decided to spice things up and moved the Sunday pins into places that would encourage a shoot-out ending, and boy did they they get it. E. Els posted -8 a few groups before Mickelson and in fact felt like he was either going to win or be in a playoff. But Phil birdied 5 of the last seven holes to win by 1 - was one of the best Sunday finishes in history.

Some, some are always in the same spot - but not always. Right off of the top of my head you can count on #11, #12, #15, and #16 as always being in their traditional Sunday pin placements - but others are often moved. In 2004 the competition committee decided to spice things up and moved the Sunday pins into places that would encourage a shoot-out ending, and boy did they they get it. E. Els posted -8 a few groups before Mickelson and in fact felt like he was either going to win or be in a playoff. But Phil birdied 5 of the last seven holes to win by 1 - was one of the best Sunday finishes in history.

What's your handicap Cruzer? I'm a 17 playing like a 25 lately.

My bets

Tiger 20 to win 80

Phil 10 to win 80

These were hedge bets of sorts

Mahan 20 to win 560

Rose 20 to win 600

Watson 10 to win 400

Choi 10 to win 600

Wagner top American 10 to win 500

What's your handicap Cruzer? I'm a 17 playing like a 25 lately.

Last few years it's been up and down and all over the place. But I'm prolly hitting it better than I have in a very long time, especially my irons. I'm a 4 right now.

A. Scott is +4 thru seven holes - dayum.

And Keegan double bogeys #1 - double dayum.

Keegan and Scott off to rough starts

A. Scott is +4 thru seven holes - dayum.

And Keegan double bogeys #1 - double dayum.

:doh:

Wow, it does look werid w/out all of the azaleas blooming. Still heaven though.

Tiger scratches paint on #3. Always good to be one under heading into holes 4 and 5, those are pretty tough.

You know, I had Stenson on my "no chance" list on the original post, but truth be told, he seems to have found something of late after being dreadful in 2010 and 2011. It's easy to forget how good he was prior to that. Who knows?

And, the resurgence for Paul Lawrie continues. In the twilight of a solid career that includes a British Open win, Lawrie may be playing the best golf of his life. Not saying it will last, but he has been very solid this year to date.

If tournaments were all just one day on Thursday, Jason Dufner might be the best player in the world. Another hot start for Mr. Thursday on the PGA Tour...

Best young American prospect to come along in the last ten years?

How about Patrick Cantlay...

If tournaments were all just one day on Thursday, Jason Dufner might be the best player in the world. Another hot start for Mr. Thursday on the PGA Tour...

I've been touting Duf's name for a while, especially this week. Had him listed at #13 on my list - like him a lot.

Best young American prospect to come along in the last ten years?

How about Patrick Cantlay...

He's pretty good, but he's not #1 on my list. Give me Jordan Spieth - only player besides Tiger Woods to win the US Junior Amateur multiple times.

Looks like Rory doubled the first.

Yep. They said the wind is starting to pick up and the late starters are going to be at a real disadvantage.

Looks like Rory doubled the first.

What da hell, did he start on #10? :rimshot:

I'm watching and don't see the wind affecting things much - no pant legs whipping nor is the water really rippling. But it is coming for sure..... Donald playing like ass in perfect conditions, not good.

Yep. They said the wind is starting to pick up and the late starters are going to be at a real disadvantage.

Some weather approaching ATL from the west, but nothing close to Augusta... Yet

Stenson goes from the leader at -5 all way back to middle of the pack with a quadruple bogey (8) on the 18th hole.

Sorry ksb. When cruzer was talking about eduardo molinari I meant to start a convo about francesco who I think is the superior molinari.

Francesco is really good too, like him a lot. But I'm not sure Augusta National is a fit for him. In two appearances he's a missed cut and a 30th place finish.

i need my boy, that tool ooysterhousein to hold on and just par 18...which don't seem too easy

I'm watching and don't see the wind affecting things much - no pant legs whipping nor is the water really rippling. But it is coming for sure..... Donald playing like ass in perfect conditions, not good.

Possibly signing incorrect scorecard wont help either.

Well, my Westwood prediction looks good for one day at least...

Did Donlad get DQed for incorrect scorecard?

well phil got it back to 2 over and with the lead only being 5 hes not out of it.

so much for my Johnson Wagner call :lol: doosh

What a ball striking exhibition by Westwood, he could of easily shot 64 today. Always been a big fan, hope he keeps it up..... Tiger drove it like ass, but he never shoots in the 60's day 1 - no need to panic..... just watched Henson's quad on 18 - OMG, what a choke job. Didn't even lose a ball or suffer a penalty.... and does Jimenez ever play his age? Smoke'm if ya got them I guess, ha.

Did Donlad get DQed for incorrect scorecard?

No, Donald is still in it for now...

They have been saying that the 1st round leader has only won the Masters once in the last 27 years - Westwood still has a long way to go....... Weather is supposed to be pretty nasty today - no so much rain but the winds are expected to be howling all over the place. This round is shaping up to be like the 3rd round of the 2002 British Open at Muirfield. If you remember the winds blew like wild ass hell that day, several shot in the 80's, including Tiger. Today is all about hanging on - think many would take par and head on to Saturday.

They have been saying that the 1st round leader has only won the Masters once in the last 27 years - Westwood still has a long way to go....... Weather is supposed to be pretty nasty today - no so much rain but the winds are expected to be howling all over the place. This round is shaping up to be like the 3rd round of the 2002 British Open at Muirfield. If you remember the winds blew like wild ass hell that day, several shot in the 80's, including Tiger. Today is all about hanging on - think many would take par and head on to Saturday.

17 MPH right now...is it supposed to get worse or better this afternoon?