Sign in to follow this  
HTH

Best Ancestry DNA Test?

be careful what you wish for, my friend found out he had 12% black in him, and had to become a democrat after that and abandon his kids

I have heard the one that has 23 in the name is the best though

Lemonparty.org will pretty much tell you all you need to know about your ancestry and Heritage.

Your mom is pretty good at detecting origin from my sperm. We have been practicing quite a bit.

Didnt we have this thread already? Cause there were a couple different types of tests that give you different, more broad results right?

With all the facebook data selling nonsense, why would someone willing register their dna? Maybe next you can scan your eyeball into a phone to use it for a password.

• Like 1

How about any good online paternity tests :ninja:

I used Ancestry.com and FTDNA. Those are really geared towards genealogy. I know Ancestry comes down in price around some holidays like Mother's day and Father's day. I get emails around that time. I think the specials usually cost $69. Its pretty easy to do. I'm not sure how long the results take these days. I think it took about 6 weeks when I did it about 4 years ago.

Once you do one of those tests, you can take the DNA data and upload it to Gedmatch.com - Its a free site that has some tools on it and a lot of users that you can compare with.

If he is into genealogy, I would suggest Ancestry as more people have extensive family trees on that. He could do a free trial of the full ancestry subscription and look at the trees of people he matches with.

FTDNA also has the Y-DNA test which is the DNA you get from your dad and your dad gets from his dad an so on (women can't do this test). The one most people get is the autosomol DNA test which can tell if you are Irish, Italian, etc., It will also show members who you match with and give you an estimate of how close of a relative you are (ex. brother, 2nd Cousin, 3rd Cousin,). Ancestry only has the autosomol available.

• Like 1

Those things are all a scam. They just give you vague reports back and sell your info to third party buyers for their spam lists.

Here I’ll save you time. What are you, white? Your genealogy is partly from Europe with some Spanish mixed in way back and also some from the UK.

Those things are all a scam. They just give you vague reports back and sell your info to third party buyers for their spam lists.

Here Ill save you time. What are you, white? Your genealogy is partly from Europe with some Spanish mixed in way back and also some from the UK.

Dont forget the 1%-3% African if youre white so you can use the N word

With all the facebook data selling nonsense, why would someone willing register their dna? Maybe next you can scan your eyeball into a phone to use it for a password.

doesn't matter. If I committed a murder and they used that database I would be caught because my dad used it and it would trace to me. So basically if anyone that's related to you takes this test you are by extension. At some point the government will just say. Give me the data.

Agreed. I would love to know but after reading articles on how they basically own your DNA after the fact I'll pass. I also don't understand why this can't be done anonymously and the DNA destroyed after the results are sent. (I actually do understand, they want to own your DNA.)

https://gizmodo.com/what-dna-testing-companies-terrifying-privacy-policies-1819158337

If a company came asking to buy a sample of your DNA people would say hell no, but if they offer to tell you where you are from, millions of people are paying them to take it. Crazy.

FYI - Since I am a subscriber to Ancestry.com - I get notifications from them. They have a special offer:DNA testing for $59. Offer good until 4/29. That is the lowest price for DNA testing that I have ever seen.

Agreed. I would love to know but after reading articles on how they basically own your DNA after the fact I'll pass. I also don't understand why this can't be done anonymously and the DNA destroyed after the results are sent. (I actually do understand, they want to own your DNA.)

https://gizmodo.com/what-dna-testing-companies-terrifying-privacy-policies-1819158337

If a company came asking to buy a sample of your DNA people would say hell no, but if they offer to tell you where you are from, millions of people are paying them to take it. Crazy.

Saw this.

"Facebook is invading my privacy. I'm deleting my account!!"

"Alexa, order more toilet paper."

Americans are horribly dumb