Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Anyone grabbing ADP?

33 years old....had a couple of fantastic games with AZ last season, and a couple of horrible ones.

We all know the glory days are far gone, but does he have ANY value?

In the league where I have already drafted, I would have to drop Lat Murray (whom I have as my D. Cook cuff) to grab ADP. Prolly gonna find room for him somewhere.

Maybe really really late as a flyer. But at the end of a draft I mean he is a starter that is a 2 down back on a improved offense? You could do a lot worse I suppose.

I don't think he's anyting more than a placeholder/insudarnace policy until the injured RBs on the roster are ready to return. I wouldn't be drafting him.

It's a long shot but if you're very desperate at RB he may be worth a flier.

He's not played much in recent memory so he may be fresher.

I think he's done though. Don't expect him to be a feature back in any case.

A good game or two against weaker competition is your best outlook.

Worst is well, nothing at all.

He’s not going too even play in a reg season game.

Another view. ADP had a solid season in Arizona when they finally ran him. Season was cut short. He appears to be in great shape. RB2 numbers aren't out of the question. Anyone short on RBs would be wise to take a flyer.

Rb2 numbers.

Come on now.

I disagree about that.

I wouldnt draft him.

Hes done.

His last 19 games hes avg 2.9 yards per rush.

And last season his last 6 games with Zona, he avg 4.5 in three of them and 1.7 in the other three.

I dont see him being able too even come close too a rb2 ff point total.

Rb2 numbers.

Come on now.

I disagree about that.

I wouldnt draft him.

Hes done.

His last 19 games hes avg 2.9 yards per rush.

And last season his last 6 games with Zona, he avg 4.5 in three of them and 1.7 in the other three.

I dont see him being able too even come close too a rb2 ff point total.

That he is not 2012 ADP, doesn't make him garbage. An RB2 in a 12 teamer gains between 750 - 940 yards with 3-8 TDs. Based on last year he is perfectly capable of that.

That he is not 2012 ADP, doesn't make him garbage. An RB2 in a 12 teamer gains between 750 - 940 yards with 3-8 TDs. Based on last year he is perfectly capable of that.

That doesnt win you games though. No one wants an RB2 as their RB2, you need an RB1 as your RB2. The guys who score a lot of points (points scored is far greater measure of success than wins) are the teams that have breakout studs at their RB2 and WR2 positions. That means mining upside and untapped potential, finding value and the guys who play above their draft position. Those numbers you listed are more befitting of a flex or bye week fill in. Which is fine for a late pick but without upside hes a tough sell for me.

Probably better flier candidates with higher ceilings at the end of the draft than this old dude. lol

That doesnt win you games though. No one wants an RB2 as their RB2, you need an RB1 as your RB2. The guys who score a lot of points (points scored is far greater measure of success than wins) are the teams that have breakout studs at their RB2 and WR2 positions. That means mining upside and untapped potential, finding value and the guys who play above their draft position. Those numbers you listed are more befitting of a flex or bye week fill in. Which is fine for a late pick but without upside hes a tough sell for me.

Been doing this for 20 years and chasing untapped potential and slamming the wire for a spot starting rook is no different than grabbing a vet, hoping he has some gas in the tank. Sometimes it pays and sometimes it doesn't. Trust me, washed up Emmitt Smith get 937 and 9 back in 2002 and his owner was ecstatic. If he is on a roster on opening day, ADP is worth a serious look.

I won’t even have him on my cheat sheet.

I think he’s simply a big reach by the Redskins who wants too put buts in the seats and they need some one too help at the rb position.

I recall Foster who went too the Dolphins too be the guy, and didn’t last very long.

I’m sorry but the great Peterson’s time has come and gone.

No disrespect.

Thanks.

He's basically free, so why not take him and see what happens week 1? People probably have less likely lottery tickets on their rosters already.

• Like 1

I think you should.

I don’t want too based on a short bench.

No reason too waste it on a player that will be gone soon.

Thanks.

Im hoping somebody gets nostalgic and picks him up around the 8th, but agree with some others, upside might be a back-up somewhere else.

Im hoping somebody gets nostalgic and picks him up around the 8th, but agree with some others, upside might be a back-up somewhere else.

This is entirely possible. By round 8 there are people who are getting impatient and just reach formguys they like that they could have later.

I'm treating him like Gore, but folks need to stop pretending he is 100 percent done. Do you remember the mad rush people made to the waiver wire last season when Arizona actually blocked for him? We all know he's not 20-something AD anymore, but Washington has a good o-line when it is healthy and should give him better game scripts.

If folks don't believe he can stay healthy and want to avoid him b/c of that, I'm OK with that. But to say the likely early-down back in Washington - behind essentially the same line that made Fat Rob worth starting two years ago - won't be at least a decent flex option on occasion is hard for me to believe. Think RB4 and a decent bye-week filler, albeit one with a difficult schedule.

• Like 1

I hope post number 22 is taking seriously.

It might even up his adp.

And for me that would be great.

Put me down for he is done.

I hope post number 22 is taking seriously.

It might even up his adp.

And for me that would be great.

Put me down for he is done.

I'm not saying he's going to be a fantasy team centerpiece. He's going to be heavily game-script dependent. He may not last six games based on his recent injury history. But is he worth a draft pick, sure? I'd like to think that AD didn't sign with a team for the hope he was going to be the main early-down back, right?

I currently have him at #102 on the PPR Big Board at RB40. In other words, roughly the same place I have Marlon Mack, who is hurt now and likely stuck in a committee when he returns. I'm open to having my mind changed if he looks terrible this weekend. Are you? At RB40, it's nice to get three or four useful games out of a guy. I think he still has enough to do that.

I dont know about that, Im sure Peterson sees an opportunity to be the rb1 on a team that has been hit hard during the preseason with injuries a the rb postion.

Im having a tough time looking at his last 193 rush att for those 601 yards for a per rush avg of 3.1.

I dont see a player that at his age and the lack of quality of play weve indeed seen from him being anything more then that 3.1 avg. Last season with Zona he did have theee really good games in which he did avg 4.5 yards per rush, but also had three other games in which he avg 1.7 yards per rush.

I couldnt take a chance on a player I dont feel like a can trust. Not even a flyer.

I think his time has passed.

Where not going to see enough of Peterson this weekend to change anyones mind.

Why would they risk another injury to another rb and expecally a rb thats been banged up pretty good.

Post #24 wasnt at all a judgement of your statement, but it was actuality an attempt to encourage for more positive talk about mr Peterson.

I do a live draft and many of them read these post.

As for me Im out, Im not touching him or even going to think about doing so.

Always a pleasure thank you.

I dont know about that, Im sure Peterson sees an opportunity to be the rb1 on a team that has been hit hard during the preseason with injuries a the rb postion.

Im having a tough time looking at his last 193 rush att for those 601 yards for a per rush avg of 3.1.

I dont see a player that at his age and the lack of quality of play weve indeed seen from him being anything more then that 3.1 avg. Last season with Zona he did have theee really good games in which he did avg 4.5 yards per rush, but also had three other games in which he avg 1.7 yards per rush.

I couldnt take a chance on a player I dont feel like a can trust. Not even a flyer.

I think his time has passed.

Where not going to see enough of Peterson this weekend to change anyones mind.

Why would they risk another injury to another rb and expecally a rb thats been banged up pretty good.

Post #24 wasnt at all a judgement of your statement, but it was actuality an attempt to encourage for more positive talk about mr Peterson.

I do a live draft and many of them read these post.

As for me Im out, Im not touching him or even going to think about doing so.

Always a pleasure thank you.

I get it and I don't take anything I read on here or Twitter personally, so no worries. :thumbsup:

I can't imagine ranking him any higher than I have him now. I think that is his best-case scenario. But think about why AD had three good games and three poor ones. Good game scripts and heavy workloads were a common theme in his good games. Poor game scripts and defenses (specifically d-lines) capable of whipping Arizona's poor o-line were a common theme in his bad ones.

However, if Gruden decides Alex Smith needs to be in the shotgun the majority of the time, that's going to bring this argument to a swift end in your favor. AD doesn't run well out of the gun and needs to line up seven yards in the backfield in order to be at his best.

He is running hard tonight. Can he last a long season? But he does look better than the other backs the skins have.

:bench: Thas's what your getting this year. A wasted roster spot by drafting him.

33 years old....had a couple of fantastic games with AZ last season, and a couple of horrible ones.

His "couple of good games" were when they gave him the ball all day long. In those 2 games where he broke 100 yards, he averaged 31.5 carries. That number of carries is not sustainable for anybody really, let alone somebody of his age. So sure, you could hold out hope he'd get a couple games here and there like that where they give him the ball on every play, but you're going to get alot of stinkers in between. I have no problem with people grabbing him as a late round flyer, but don't expect much. I will pass on all Washington RB's, that's for sure.

On a related note....

If you're picking up a 3rd RB in a ppr12 league, would you pick up ADP, P. Barber, or C. Carson?

On a related note....

If you're picking up a 3rd RB in a ppr12 league, would you pick up ADP, P. Barber, or C. Carson?

Barber or Carson should be taken way sooner than ADP. I'd probably take Barber as Penny may take over for Carson at some point. That may be true too of Jones and Barber but Jones has reportedly been horrible at just about everything thus far. But both are still light years ahead of ADP in my view.

Grabbed ADP in last round tonight.

Perfect spot....no investment, but with RB2 upside. Always needing a disposable roster spot if he falls off a cliff.

Very pleased.

Barber or Carson should be taken way sooner than ADP. I'd probably take Barber as Penny may take over for Carson at some point. That may be true too of Jones and Barber but Jones has reportedly been horrible at just about everything thus far. But both are still light years ahead of ADP in my view.

I would ask you to look at this collection of runs from Jones and the commentary that goes along with each one from "The RB Scout"

https://twitter.com/TheRBScout/status/1032467836462133248

His "couple of good games" were when they gave him the ball all day long. In those 2 games where he broke 100 yards, he averaged 31.5 carries. That number of carries is not sustainable for anybody really, let alone somebody of his age. So sure, you could hold out hope he'd get a couple games here and there like that where they give him the ball on every play, but you're going to get alot of stinkers in between. I have no problem with people grabbing him as a late round flyer, but don't expect much. I will pass on all Washington RB's, that's for sure.

Why did they give him the ball all day long in those games? Positive game scripts against mostly soft defensive lines (or at least at the time they played them). The same thing I've been saying.

Your window for last round flier is closed. He will now be late mid round RB3.

people just seem, understandably, gun-shy. Will know after tomorrow nights draft if his performance tonight bumped him up noticeably.

I would be shocked if AP was productive 2018 or worthy to be drafted in fantasy before the top dozen rounds....Age is one thing {33} but a RB who was cut by 3-teams in the last couple years running on multiple ACL-repaired knees and a sharp decline in once upon explosive speed will only be a short fill-in for the needy Skins....The only back I would own on my roster from Washington would be Thompson when he is back from his injury, most likely as a bye week patch.........

I don't think anyone is expecting him to last long enough to reach 200 carries. I know I'm not.

With that said, as a RB4/5 type, you just hope you can count on 15 carries when you need a back in a bye-week crunch.