Sign in to follow this  
bandrus1

do you carry a CC balance?

I rent currently. Saving for a significant down payment on a house.

Official first geek to ever admit they don't own a house.

Official first geek to ever admit they don't own a house.

untrue.

you should have been here the day I admitted to not only NOT owning a house, but not having a dishwasher.

I was nearly kicked off the island for being that poor. This was like 2004.

Shocker, everyone has perfect credit (after overcoming personal heroic hardship of course, Focking eyeroll) and no one owes anything. Sure.

How likely are people to post who are in large consumer debt and have poor credit.... it's kinda response bias here

I rent currently. Saving for a significant down payment on a house.

Thought you lived in Minnesota? Aren't houses like 12 grand?

Thought you lived in Minnesota? Aren't houses like 12 grand?

The median home value in Minnesota is $200,700.
The median home value in Massachusetts is $364,100

How likely are people to post who are in large consumer debt and have poor credit.... it's kinda response bias here

Plenty. especially younger ones

That's very true. It's obtuse to judge a community as a whole when an inherently judge mental thread will naturally attract only a certain demographic.

when I started posting here in 2003. I still had the same career. but didnt have any respect of money or wealth or credit.

I was poor, my credit score was in the 500s, I rented a dump of an apartment and I didn't have a dishwasher

Posting here made me want to better myself.

Now I own 2 condos (1 paid one mortgaged), my credit score is a few ticks over 800 and I just fit in.

could be why my demeanor as a poster is so much better

In jersey for 200 you can get a 450 square foot condo. 1 bedroom 1 bathroom, completely outdated!.. Unless you look further west.

when I started posting here in 2003. I still had the same career. but didnt have any respect of money or wealth or credit.

I was poor, my credit score was in the 500s, I rented a dump of an apartment and I didn't have a dishwasher

Now I own 2 condos (1 paid one mortgaged), my credit score is a few ticks over 800 and I just fit in.

Exactly. When I got here i had nothing, now ive got everything i want....3 weeks from now i could have nothing.

TODAY...i have no debt or money issues. Fluid for all of us im sure.

Im assuming you rent one of them? If not why own 2 with HOA fees on both and double taxes?

Or is one a vacation home located elsewhere?

Shocker, everyone has perfect credit (after overcoming personal heroic hardship of course, Focking eyeroll) and no one owes anything. Sure.

I'm a 49 y.o. CPA. Why would I NOT have good credit? Some day you'll be all grown up and realize having good credit isn't that tough or that big a deal. :dunno:

That's very true. It's obtuse to judge a community as a whole when an inherently judge mental thread will naturally attract only a certain demographic.

its not really not a judgmental thread, I dont think anybody has said anything derogatory about people who choose to carry consumer debt other than maybe "I choose to live within my means"

ok well its just 2 different philosophies

I'm a 49 y.o. CPA. Why would I NOT have good credit? Some day you'll be all grown up and realize having good credit isn't that tough or that big a deal. :dunno:

I have great credit. No money, but great credit.

Im assuming you rent one of them? If not why own 2 with HOA fees on both and double taxes?

Or is one a vacation home located elsewhere?

I live in one and the ex/son in the other.

I should be renting one, but I'm a selfish ass incapable of realizing things

I thought the thread was about NEVER having a credit card balance. Not good or bad credit.

Read the posts....90% are..... I ALWAYS pay off at the end of the month. Straight CASH HOMIE!@#!

Never and Always.....pretty adamant and definitive words.

Obviously the goal is to never have credit card balances on a credit card that has an interest rate. Duh Geek Club. Thanks Captain Obvious's

However life happens sometimes and a CC, like any short term loan, can be a savior. It's saved me a few times. And since everybody is "look at me" these days I make six figures and live in a 200k house (living within my means). But life is crazy sometimes, it throws you out of the blue financial curve balls on occasion. And when your salary supports three other people the odds that a curve ball is thrown your way is exponential.

That's my point. Right now today, I don't have a cc balance or a car note, only debt is a mortgage. But I sure as shiit am not going to sit up here on my high horse and pretend I've never had too. :)

I thought the thread was about never having a credit card balance. Not good or bad credit.

That is what this thread matriculated into.

politics will be soon

I thought the thread was about never having a credit card balance. Not good or bad credit.

It's taken the usual peemus measuring contest turn.

The median home value in Newport Beach is $1,642,800

The median home value in Orange County is $672,700

The median home value in California is $393,000

We have enrolled at a school or university?

hey. I use words how I want and you use them how you want to :mad:

The median home value in Newport Beach is $1,642,800

The median home value in Orange County is $672,700

The median home value in California is $393,000

Whats the median salary? I'm sure its more than Minny too.

Minn - $58,476
Mass - $67,846
Cali - $61,320

hey. I use words how I want and you use them how you want to :mad:

I think old G W made that constitutional

This is Orange County.
Median household income (in 2015 dollars), 2011-2015 - $76,509
Per capita income in past 12 months (in 2015 dollars), 2011-2015 - $34,817
:dunno:
This is Newport Beach.
Median household income (in 2015 dollars), 2011-2015 - $107,991
Per capita income in past 12 months (in 2015 dollars), 2011-2015 - $78,012

This is Orange County.
Median household income (in 2015 dollars), 2011-2015
$76,509
Per capita income in past 12 months (in 2015 dollars), 2011-2015
$34,817
:dunno:

thats median household. I did salary

I thought the thread was about NEVER having a credit card balance. Not good or bad credit.

Read the posts....90% are..... I ALWAYS pay off at the end of the month. Straight CASH HOMIE!@#!

Never and Always.....pretty adamant and definitive words.

Obviously the goal is to never have credit card balances on a credit card that has an interest rate. Duh Geek Club. Thanks Captain Obvious's

However life happens sometimes and a CC, like any short term loan, can be a savior. It's saved me a few times. And since everybody is "look at me" these days I make six figures and live in a 200k house (living within my means). But life is crazy sometimes, it throws you out of the blue financial curve balls on occasion. And when your salary supports three other people the odds that a curve ball is thrown your way is exponential.

That's my point. Right now today, I don't have a cc balance or a car note, only debt is a mortgage. But I sure as shiit am not going to sit up here on my high horse and pretend I've never had too. :)

Threads sometimes evolve from the initial post. The poster I was responding to was talking about credit scores. My credit score is good TODAY. Never said it was always good. It sucked when I was younger. :dunno:

thats median household. I did salary

Yah I dunno. There would be zero way I could afford my house here, and I make considerably more than the median. Parental units hooked me up proper.

Yah I dunno. There would be zero way I could afford my house here, and I make considerably more than the median. Parental units hooked me up proper.

:thumbsup:

One of my favorite threads ever was the one where ed posted his checking account balance of $0.03.

One of my favorite threads ever was the one where ed posted his checking account balance of $0.03.

:lol:

I don't remember that.

I've always been way too honest

Right? Welcome to the geek club!

Least I told the troof

EdJr used to tell the troof, but now he's trying to fit in sooooooooooo

untrue.

you should have been here the day I admitted to not only NOT owning a house, but not having a dishwasher.

I was nearly kicked off the island for being that poor. This was like 2004.

Yeah, that was about when I started posting on the geek bored. Good times. :do

Like many here, I made some poor choices as a yoof and got out of debt. I rarely carry a balance but occasionally life happens. I use a cc for everything to get bennies- for instance, I recently bought a new stove top and ceiling fan with a Chase Sapphire Reserve card that provides an extra year of warranty on most purchases.

Yeah, that was about when I started posting on the geek bored. Good times. :do

Like many here, I made some poor choices as a yoof and got out of debt. I rarely carry a balance but occasionally life happens. I use a cc for everything to get bennies- for instance, I recently bought a new stove top and ceiling fan with a Chase Sapphire Reserve card that provides an extra year of warranty on most purchases.

I use my amex for everything, to pay my cable bill, pay my cell bill, everything they'll let me. racking up dem points

I'd like a geek card club where I could get post credit for every dollar I spend, double when spending with advertisers.

Youd have $3 you POS alias.

:)

I use my amex for everything, to pay my cable bill, pay my cell bill, everything they'll let me. racking up dem points

I find the AMEX cash rewards card is better than those with points. :dunno:

:huh:

I get no junkmail and all my statements are electronic.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0262-stopping-unsolicited-mail-phone-calls-and-email

Of all the geek club lies, this is probably the biggest. I've been militant for years about junk mail, using registries like you link and contacting individual retailers/direct marketers/etc., and I still get some junk mail. Credit cards companies are among the worst at selling information to marketers. But I'm guessing your idea of junk mail is different than mine.