Sign in to follow this  
BuschWack

The Pack could shut down Rodgers if they fall out of playoff contention.

Gronk and Fournette owner just offered me Gronk in exchange for Yeldon and Jimmy Graham. I may jump on it... seems like a win/win. How much of a hit, if any will Gronks target share be affected as Gordon gets higher snap count. .. or maybe Gordon helps Gronk.. ? Curious to know what any Pats homers think.

Ive got Graham and was looking to package for Gronk also. I would need to add A Jones or another RB to sweeten it.

Graham isnt bad this year with the TE crap show

• Like 1

If Fournette's injury lingers and continues to miss, I'm giving the Gronk owner too much. Trades are always risky.

I wouldnt mind parting with Yeldon, particularly if my team was very strong already and I wanted to make sure I had the best playoff squad. Fournette would be back at some point and bring down Yeldon value.

I’m really uncomfortable with this trade.

I’m not so sure we will see Fournette back anytime soon.

Thanks...

I agree. I'd be kicking myself if Yeldon continues his good play and Fournette doesn't return. The success of the trade all depends on Fournette's health.

I'm also a bit skeptical of holding any GB player late into the season. If GB falls out of playoff contention, Rodgers will be shut down to avoid further wear and tear on that knee, hurting value of WR's and Graham.

I'm also a bit skeptical of holding any GB player late into the season. If GB falls out of playoff contention, Rogers will be shut down to avoid further wear and tear on that knee, hurting value of WR's and Graham.

Lol ff at its best.

Lol ff at its best.

Fournette owner is now dangling both Fournette and Gronk for Yeldon and Graham. :doh:

Same deal of you ask me.

Still uncertain about Fournette going forward.

• Like 1

I would take Fournette and Gronk, unless desperate for immediate RB help from Yeldon.

I do think Graham is solidly the 4th best TE now and benefits from GB WR injuries, and 5th TE onwards is a sea of garbage. Gronk is still #2 though and an upgrade.

I'm also a bit skeptical of holding any GB player late into the season. If GB falls out of playoff contention, Rodgers will be shut down to avoid further wear and tear on that knee, hurting value of WR's and Graham.

Thats awfully matter of fact for something Id consider a long shot scenario.

Has Yeldon ever played a full season as the guy ? Who is your tight end now? Who would you plug in in place of Yeldon? Fournette owner looks desperate to me.

Has Yeldon ever played a full season as the guy ? Who is your tight end now? Who would you plug in in place of Yeldon? Fournette owner looks desperate to me.

I ended up trading Yeldon and Royce Freeman to the Fournette owner for Hyde. We left the TE position alone.

Thats awfully matter of fact for something Id consider a long shot scenario.

Should GB fall out of playoff contention, I would not consider them shelving Rodgers and getting his knee healthy for 2019 a LONG SHOT scenario at all.

In fact, I'd think they'd be crazy if they kept him out there.

Are you the team Dr? Where are you getting your information? There has been zero talk about shutting down Rodgers with a knee sprain.

Tough trade I think.

Chubb is going to earn a little more work as the Browns continue to do what they do best, lose.

• Like 1

His health is fine and they wont shut anything down. Watching football? He had his 2nd best passing day ever last week and will prob have one of his career best games tonight as well. Theres no shutting down the guy they paid 100mil to and hes healthy.

His health is fine and they wont shut anything down. Watching football? He had his 2nd best passing day ever last week and will prob have one of his career best games tonight as well. Theres no shutting down the guy they paid 100mil to and hes healthy.

Pinned

Are you the team Dr? Where are you getting your information? There has been zero talk about shutting down Rodgers with a knee sprain.

Yes.. zero talk now, of course. I only said that IF they fall out of playoff contention. His knee is not good.

Yes.. zero talk now, of course. I only said that IF they fall out of playoff contention. His knee is not good.

Knee is fine. This is an outlandish claim even if they fell out of contention which they wont.

Knee is fine. This is an outlandish claim even if they fell out of contention which they wont.

I think whether they shut him down really depends on how bad the injury is and to a small degree whether they are in playoff contention.

If hes healthy and has little risk of re injury or long term injury, he will play no matter what.

if its an MCL injury he is playing through, I could see them sitting him if the team cannot actually make the playoffs.

That being said, I dont expect this scenario to play out. I'd say there is a 90% chance he plays through this injury.

If he was gonna miss time it would have happened by now.

What happened last year? Rodger was banged up... fell out of the playoff race and he was shut down. I'm not fishing or chasing ghosts. It's my opinion that if the Pack fall out of playoffs, there's a good chance they shut him down if his knee continues to have issues.

Not sure why this is hard to understand.

Anyone with key GB players should be aware of this possibility going late into the season. Could Rodgers play through it, absolutely... but look at history.

What happened last year? Rodger was banged up... fell out of the playoff race and he was shut down. I'm not fishing or chasing ghosts. It's my opinion that if the Pack fall out of playoffs, there's a good chance they shut him down if his knee continues to have issues.

Not sure why this is hard to understand.

Anyone with key GB players should be aware of this possibility going late into the season. Could Rodgers play through it, absolutely... but look at history.

What the hell? No, thats not what happened last year at all. He got hurt and missed games while he was hurt then came back late in the season to try and rally them. He wasnt shut down at all. It was the exact opposite of shut down lol. You need to take a step back and get the facts straight. You are the one who needs to look at history. Christ almighty.

If he is hurt and cant play, he wont play. If he can play, he will play. Thats the end of the story and bottom line. He wasnt shut down last year, he was hurt. He came back and played the last two games to desperately claw them back into it.

What the hell? No, thats not what happened last year at all. He got hurt and missed games while he was hurt then came back late in the season to try and rally them. He wasnt shut down at all. It was the exact opposite of shut down lol. You need to take a step back and get the facts straight. You are the one who needs to look at history. Christ almighty.

If he is hurt and cant play, he wont play. If he can play, he will play. Thats the end of the story and bottom line. He wasnt shut down last year, he was hurt. He came back and played the last two games to desperately claw them back into it.

Not saying last year was exactly like this year.. He came back last year from injury, tried to fight through it.... to make the playoffs. Team didn't get it done, so they shut him down to save from further injury.

'Decision to shut down Aaron Rodgers made 'in his best interest'

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/12/19/packers-shutting-down-aaron-rodgers-season/964245001/

“The decision to put Aaron on injured reserve was really a product of a number of different factors, and really, frankly, was what we felt was best for Aaron,” coach Mike McCarthy said. “He was sore, took a number of hits in Sunday’s game. We felt this was the best decision.

“He’s not happy about it. It’s a hard day for him. This is not the way — I don’t think — any player wants to see their season come to a conclusion, being on IR. We all understand and appreciate and respect his competitive spirit, but we felt as an organization this was in his best interest."

So he WASN'T shut down??????

STOP

He was shut down.

If it makes you feel better, I'll change the topic title to read COULD instead of WILL. Feel better?

Done.

If it makes you feel better, I'll change the topic title to read COULD instead of WILL. Feel better?

Done.

Fine, he could. That’s actually much better than a matter of fact WILL. If he reinjures the knee and can’t play, he won’t play. If he can play, he will. To put in perspective, years injury was far far worse. This years injury, he isn’t even on the injury report anymore.
  • Like 1

From what I can tell, the Packers are still very much in contention. It seems quite premature to be speculating like this.

• Like 1

From what I can tell, the Packers are still very much in contention. It seems quite premature to be speculating like this.

True..

some GB writers are calling last night a "season saving" win. Maybe they feel it only gets tougher from here on out.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2018/10/16/dougherty-packers-find-stunning-way-save-their-season/1652405002/

It is possible that in week 16-17, IF the packers are totally out of the playoffs and IF Rodgers knee worsens , that the packers shut down Rodgers. But this is very unlikely and at the moment is not even a consideration in Green Bay.

The reason, mike McCarthy and his entire coaching staff is replying on Aaron Rodgers to save their jobs...as we all saw yesterday, the packers looked horrible. It it wasn't fir Rodgers and his 4th quarter magic, and a very questionable call to Sherman on 3rd and 15, the packers were finished ....against a back up QB at home....Shanahan out schemed McCarthy in every facet of the game. Simply put, McCarthy is not good enough to coach in this new NFL. He's lost out there..... Rodgers will play as long as he can stand.

• Like 1

It is possible that in week 16-17, IF the packers are totally out of the playoffs and IF Rodgers knee worsens , that the packers shut down Rodgers. But this is very unlikely and at the moment is not even a consideration in Green Bay.

The reason, mike McCarthy and his entire coaching staff is replying on Aaron Rodgers to save their jobs...as we all saw yesterday, the packers looked horrible. It it wasn't fir Rodgers and his 4th quarter magic, and a very questionable call to Sherman on 3rd and 15, the packers were finished ....against a back up QB at home....Shanahan out schemed McCarthy in every facet of the game. Simply put, McCarthy is not good enough to coach in this new NFL. He's lost out there..... Rodgers will play as long as he can stand.

Crazy how things change over two months. McCarthy was canned. Playing Rodgers won't save anyone's job. In fact, if Rodgers were to play and get injured in Week 16, it could cost someone their job.

Betting line for Pack vs Jets started at -3.5 Pack and quickly moved to -2 Jets. Insider info?

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/aaron-rodgers-injury-packers-jets-line-movement-deshone-kizer-week-16-2018

My book shows the Packers at -1 for -106. But I see elsewhere the Jets at -2.5.

Weird.