Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Mandarin duck in New York City

I love birds! This one is so beautiful!

My Mom lives in NJ and told me about him. Isn't he cool? I'll go visit him the next time I'm in the area

That's funny, I actually thought you were going to reference a restaurant. My bad.

i thought this was going to be about asian cooking

:kicksrock: :(

• Like 2

I find that a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced over whether or not I have bread. A duck loves bread, but he does not have the capability to buy a loaf. That's the biggest joke on the duck ever. If I worked at a convenience store, and a duck came in and stole a loaf of bread, I would let him go. I'd say, "Come back tomorrow, bring your friends!" When I think of a duck's friends, I think of other ducks. But he could have, say, a beaver in tow.

I was in downtown Boise Idaho and I saw a duck. I knew the duck was lost, because ducks ain't supposed to be downtown. There's nothing for 'em there. So I went to a Subway sandwich shop. I said, "Let me have a bun." She wouldn't sell me just the bun, she said it had to have something on it. She said it's against Subway regulations to sell just the bun. I guess the two halves aren't supposed to touch. So, I said, "All right, put some lettuce on it." "That'll be $1.75!" I said, "It's for a duck!" "Oh, then it's free." I did not know that. Ducks eat for free at Subway! Had I known that, I would have ordered a much larger sandwich. "Let me have the steak fajita sub, and don't bother ringing it up - it's for a duck! There are six ducks out there, and they all want Sun Chips!"

• Like 1

GFIAP is one is the greatest posters because he had a memorable style.

:P

• Like 1

:P

No wonder. Yes exactly! Nailed it!

I was so excited to click on this thread. I bought 4 bags of mandarin oranges yesterday and was seeking recipes for them.

Got anything good Bier?

Anyway. That duck is pretty cool.

• Like 1

I was so excited to click on this thread. I bought 4 bags of mandarin oranges yesterday and was seeking recipes for them.

Got anything good Bier?

Anyway. That duck is pretty cool.

we have a mandarin orange tree that peaks in december...been plucking a bit recently.

I use them interchangeably with lychees... typically in my chicken salad (make either a hoisin based or peanut based dressing), stir fries, and sweet and sour pork/chicken.

for duck, i would definitely make a mandarin or lychee gastrique for it... same method as duck a l'orange

also, if you buy canned, we save the syrup for cocktails.

• Like 1

I find that a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced over whether or not I have bread. A duck loves bread, but he does not have the capability to buy a loaf. That's the biggest joke on the duck ever. If I worked at a convenience store, and a duck came in and stole a loaf of bread, I would let him go. I'd say, "Come back tomorrow, bring your friends!" When I think of a duck's friends, I think of other ducks. But he could have, say, a beaver in tow.

I was in downtown Boise Idaho and I saw a duck. I knew the duck was lost, because ducks ain't supposed to be downtown. There's nothing for 'em there. So I went to a Subway sandwich shop. I said, "Let me have a bun." She wouldn't sell me just the bun, she said it had to have something on it. She said it's against Subway regulations to sell just the bun. I guess the two halves aren't supposed to touch. So, I said, "All right, put some lettuce on it." "That'll be $1.75!" I said, "It's for a duck!" "Oh, then it's free." I did not know that. Ducks eat for free at Subway! Had I known that, I would have ordered a much larger sandwich. "Let me have the steak fajita sub, and don't bother ringing it up - it's for a duck! There are six ducks out there, and they all want Sun Chips!"

Mitch Hedberg :clap: