Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Lamar Jackson vs. Kansas City

First of all, does he start?

Secondly, since KC seems to be able to put up points in their sleep, and Jackson can't throw a quality pass in the NFL, does Jackson just put up stupid rushing numbers this week if he plays? Like 110 and 2 TDs on the ground? Throwing 190, 1 TD and 2 INTs through the air?

You start him based on his legs.....not his arm.

He has put up consistent totals in 3 games. Rushing should be 80 and 1, Passing 180, 1 and 1. Translate rushing to passing and the pure passing would be 340, 3 and 1. Not bad, and I think I am being conservative.

He has put up consistent totals in 3 games. Rushing should be 80 and 1, Passing 180, 1 and 1. Translate rushing to passing and the pure passing would be 340, 3 and 1. Not bad, and I think I am being conservative.

Him and Josh Allen both are running backs who throw the ball sometimes now. Allen will turn out to be the better QB in the long run.

Him and Josh Allen both are running backs who throw the ball sometimes now. Allen will turn out to be the better QB in the long run.

Haven't seen Allen, but I watch Jackson on a weekly basis. His progress from game 1 to game 12 as a passer is nearly miraculous. Granted his playbook isn't thick, but it doesn't need to be.

Haven't seen Allen, but I watch Jackson on a weekly basis. His progress from game 1 to game 12 as a passer is nearly miraculous. Granted his playbook isn't thick, but it doesn't need to be.

I gotta admit I haven't seen a ton of games on these guys, but, the ones I have watched (both college and pros), Allen just has an amazing arm. In college he carried his offense.

But I hope they both achieve and become mainstays in the league. Just look at how much more entertaining the league is with even just Luck coming back and being great. I always root for QBs coming out of college no matter the team.

Would you guys start Jackson over Cam Newton this week given Cam was not throwing at all in practice today (Thursday)?

Would you guys start Jackson over Cam Newton this week given Cam was not throwing at all in practice today (Thursday)?

Right now the concern here is Cam will almost certainly play. Jackson is in limbo. If Flacco is declared out against KC, then I think it's a no brainer in favor of Jackson..

Would agree. The injury to Newton’s shoulder isn’t going to get better.

And he’s been limited and seems to be more so.

Jackson if he starts would be the pick.

Right now the concern here is Cam will almost certainly play. Jackson is in limbo. If Flacco is declared out against KC, then I think it's a no brainer in favor of Jackson..

Latest that I have seen:

Joe Flacco (hip) participated in Thursday's practice.

The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec reports Flacco "looks much more comfortable" in practice than he did last week, but he still expects Lamar Jackson to start against the Chiefs. It is possible Flacco is active as a backup in that game. Dec 6 - 12:40 PM