Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

So, I am sure Dez will get cut. I think Dallas wants to have a young stud, RB, QB and WR

Where? And why is Dallas going to cut him? This is posturing over him taking a pay cut. It's not likely he gets the same or more from anybody at this point.

Where? And why is Dallas going to cut him? This is posturing over him taking a pay cut. It's not likely he gets the same or more from anybody at this point.

He and Dak are not clicking, and I am not even sure its Dezs fault

I do believe it's time for Dez to move on from Dallas. They aren't a good fit any more.

Let the Cowboys build an offense around Dak and let Dez move onto a team where he fits better,

He's a decent WR2 now but not the top notch WR1 he was a few seasons ago.

He still has value as a fantasy WR but not what he used to.

well, Dez hasnt clicked with Dak. but that does not mean they should trade him.

Likely all he needs is a little time working together in the offseason to make sure they are on the same page.

It is time for Dak to start acting like a Veteran and making sure he can get the ball to his #1. if he cant do that, then a trade is something to consider, but in general I have found that any QB who cannot get the ball to his #1 WR does not last long in the league as a starter.

case in point: Osweiler

stats werent bad, but couldnt get the ball to his #1 in denver or Houston.

then he lost his job.

Dez too the Packers would be a good match.

Proverbs 11:30

• Like 1

Likely all he needs is a little time working together in the offseason to make sure they are on the same page.

It is time for Dak to start acting like a Veteran and making sure he can get the ball to his #1. if he cant do that, then a trade is something to consider, but in general I have found that any QB who cannot get the ball to his #1 WR does not last long in the league as a starter.

then he lost his job.

Dez isnt a number 1. He gets zero separation. Actually the problem has been when they have tried to force it to him when he cant get open. I cant believe Dez still gets overrated. No CB fears Dez. At best he is a decent redzone target.

Dez isnt a number 1. He gets zero separation. Actually the problem has been when they have tried to force it to him when he cant get open. I cant believe Dez still gets overrated. No CB fears Dez. At best he is a decent redzone target.

He's definitely not aging as well as Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald is the perfect example of a HOF WR and shows why Bryant will never even sniff a hall of fame vote. Most overrated WR in a long time. I guess it's hard to let go of a player who had 3 decent years.

Dez too the Packers would be a good match.

Proverbs 11:30

As a Packers fan I hope not.

then he lost his job.

Or maybe Dez needs to care about football again

As a Packers fan I hope not.

If I was one, I would like too have him as a wr2.

He would make for another good target for Rodgers.

If I was one, I would like too have him as a wr2.

He would make for another good target for Rodgers.

The whole problem with our passing game at times is no one can create separation. So it made no sense that they brought in a plodding fat Bennett at TE last year. And to me it wouldnt make much sense to bring in a plodding WR who still thinks he is a number 1.

Id rather grab a rookie with fresh legs. They have done well in the 2nd round. Cobb jordy adams....all 2nd rounders.

I think Rodgers can make Dez a better player then we've seen from him lately.

Don't sale your QB short.

As a wr2 he would be a very good fit.

Wil it happen, probably not, why waste time with him he's a deva.

But if they did I think Packer fans would like what they see.

We shall see.

I think Rodgers can make Dez a better player then we've seen from him lately.

Don't sale your QB short.

As a wr2 he would be a very good fit.

Wil it happen, probably not, why waste time with him he's a deva.

But if they did I think Packer fans would like what they see.

We shall see.

Ive just never been that high on him. And now he isnt much of a threat. He is a big body basically who doesnt run good route and lost a step or 2. Plus the Packers lockroom last year was off, which isnt thr usual.

They gave Matthews a look and didnt give him an offer. At basically a mill fot 1 year, less of a yapper, and still young....id just as soon have him than Dez. Dez is slow, doesnt run good routes, was towards the top in drops last year....and has a yapper. I dont really see any upside with him other than a token back shoulder here or there.

Maybe I just dont rate him highly at all. With booting Jordy id rather get younger than bring in another guy that is similar to Jordy with baggage.

you know how i know that you didn't watch the video in the post immediately above yours? sit down and watch dez flat smoking patrick peterson, but watching the ball go to other receivers because dak was too spooked to let routes develop.

So Jones loves paying for a underachieving wr1?

Mmm maybe so, but he's not working out with their current QB.

His talent would blossom with a better QB like Rodgers.

If I was a Cowboys fan and heard they want too keep him I'm asking for a refund.

Isaiah 43:1

They don't need Terrance Williams or Allen Hurns to be a #1.

Team is meeting with Dez on Friday.

He will take less money but with incentives for performance.

No they do need a wr1.

And right now Dez isn't getting it done with the QB the Cowboys have.

I think he will stay, and then put up his underachieving wr1 numbers.

I guess they do love him.

I love how everyone is throwing Dez under the bus. For a team that was missing it's star running back and had a sophmore QB who struggled without him.

I pulled up the stats in my .5 PPR league for weeks 1-9 when Zeke was on the team.

Dez was the 23rd ranked WR, in both total points and PPG points.

That sounds bad doesn't it?

He had 86 total points.

Keenan Allen had 80.8 points

Davante Adams had 88.9 points

All players had there bye

The idea that Dez had some miraculously bad season and can't get open anymore is being portrayed by the media and ridiculous Dallas circus.

Dez Stats week 1-9 including a bye so 8 games

38 catches -439 yards- 4 tds

I'm not saying he would have won people fantasy leagues but if his final stat line was doubled that would have been

76-878-8

which would have put him pretty close to stat totals of guys like AJ Green, Brandon Cooks, Doug Baldwin ect last year just for reference

And yet at the end of the season, Allen 3rd Green 10th Adams 13th Baldwin 14th and Cooks 15th all beat out Dez who was ranked 24th in ppr.

2012-2014 Dez avg 19 ppr points per game.

2015-2017 he has avg 11.

Now I'm too sure what those number say, but they tell me he's not a wr1.

But he will be paid as one.

But he won't be drafted in ff as one, so Unkle Jerry can love him all he wants, but they still need a wr1, and he isn't it.

And the Cowboys don't have one, Hurns isn't a wr1 no way.

And that stat line of would have been 211 ppr points and he would have finshed 16th and still behind the other listed WRs.

And 16th isn't a wr1 make.

Packers would be a great spot for him.

Proverbs 12:5.

Good move for him.

Now let's see who picks him up, with the right QB he could be a very good wr2 or even a low wr1.

Packers and Rodgers just seems right.

Tony Romo ($8.9 million in dead money) & Dez Bryant ($8 million in dead money) will count a combined $16.9 million against the Cowboys' salary cap in 2018 The Cowboys now have the 2nd-most dead money in 2018 of any team

Tony Romo ($8.9 million in dead money) & Dez Bryant ($8 million in dead money) will count a combined $16.9 million against the Cowboys' salary cap in 2018 The Cowboys now have the 2nd-most dead money in 2018 of any team

^ Ha Ha (Nelson voice)

• Like 1

Dez isn't going anywhere. He's a Dallas Cowboy for life. Jerry loves him.

:lol:

i'm blown away. was completely wrong about this--thought they'd wait until next year.

looks like WR in the 1st now. we can't say this move wasn't telegraphed.

well, the big problem with Dez is that Romo was able to make the perfect throw down the sideline and time it so that Dez could high point the ball and get a nice gain.

Dak cannot make that throw. Not accurately or consistently like Romo could.

and Dez's leaping ability meant that it did not matter if he was covered well or not. if the ball was placed right he would out leap the DB and come down with the football.

I agree Rodgers can make that throw, and there are a couple of others in the league who can.

Dez will find work, but may, in fact, find that he is not worth the money he thinks he is worth.

Rodgers doesn't throw jump balls. It's why his interceptions stay low.