Sign in to follow this  
12th Man

Whitesplaining white privilege!

You're young and you're dumb. You prove it every day.

It happened, I saw it with my own eyes, just sharing the information.

And THAT is the definition of white privilege. Thanks for proving my point.

It's a privilege we don't commit nearly as much crime? That used to be called being a good person but I guess it's white privilege now.

So please enlighten us. List all the benefits you receive from being white. Go...

You guys act like if I go shopping I get 20% off for being white. A lot of it is not very obvious.

I'm probably not going to get pulled over for no reason. I'm probably not going to get followed in a store shopping. I'm probably not going to have security or police eyeballing me. I will guarantee I've gotten out of tickets driving that a black person probably would not get.

I mean I have pumped gas and left the store and a day later called them and told them I forgot to pay and they acted like it was no big deal just to come in and pay it. Do you think Tyrone from the hood gets that treatment? No freaking way.

Privilege I receive is the benefit of the doubt in every situation. It's nothing really tangible. And again I'm not beating this drum of in equality or racism or anything I'm just saying let's not act like it doesn't exist

You guys act like if I go shopping I get 20% off for being white. A lot of it is not very obvious.

I'm probably not going to get pulled over for no reason. I'm probably not going to get followed in a store shopping. I'm probably not going to have security or police eyeballing me. I will guarantee I've gotten out of tickets driving that a black person probably would not get.

I mean I have pumped gas and left the store and a day later called them and told them I forgot to pay and they acted like it was no big deal just to come in and pay it. Do you think Tyrone from the hood gets that treatment? No freaking way.

Privilege I receive is the benefit of the doubt and every situation. It's nothing really tangible. And again I'm not beating this drum of in equality or racism or anything I'm just saying let's not act like it doesn't exist

Black people who are law bidding citizens don't get pulled over for no reason. Leroy driving a relatively new car on his way home from work isn't getting pulled over. Most cops don't even know the color of your skin until you are pulled over. But homeboy with a broke down Caddy driving on 22's is getting pulled over yeah, we all know whats up. Same thing would happen if he was white, it just so happens that there are more black people who take part in this behavior. They glorify bad behavior and doing bad things. Listen to their music that they hold so dear. They love this sh!t.

Black people who are law bidding citizens don't get pulled over for no reason. Leroy driving a relatively new car on his way home from work isn't getting pulled over. Most cops don't even know the color of your skin until you are pulled over. But homeboy with a broke down Caddy driving on 22's is getting pulled over yeah, we all know whats up. Same thing would happen if he was white, it just so happens that there are more black people who take part in this behavior. They glorify bad behavior and doing bad things. Listen to their music that they hold so dear. They love this sh!t.

I sincerely hope you're not trying to say that white people get profiled just as much as black people. I really hope that's not your argument.

I sincerely hope you're not trying to say that white people get profiled just as much as black people. I really hope that's not your argument.

Black gangster wannabes get profiled everyday. So do white wanna be gangsters. Law bidding african american citizens who actually try to contribute to society never have to deal with this. Come on man.

Imagine what Ben Carson could have accomplished if he was white. :rolleyes:

Privilege I receive is the benefit of the doubt in every situation. It's nothing really tangible. And again I'm not beating this drum of in equality or racism or anything I'm just saying let's not act like it doesn't exist

Nope.

White guy in a black hood gets profiled. All the time.

As you prove you're full of sh!t everyday. Maybe push back from the table or eat a salad.

I have 25 years on you and less bodyfat, plumpy :music_guitarred:

This is why you should just sit back and read. Your lack of life experience makes you sound so stupid. :doh:

Yep...black people and white people are treated exactly the same......ok..got it.

Cmon...and I'm the last focking guy to excuse their culture.....but to act like you are not treated differently is pretty stupid.

I have a question. Are there any police departments that are predominately black officers? If so, I wonder if their percentages are similar to a department with predominately white officers. I bet they are.

Unfortunately you are creating hypothetical situations with no hard facts.
  • Like 1

I have a question. Are there any police departments that are predominately black officers? If so, I wonder if their percentages are similar to a department with predominately white officers. I bet they are.

Baltimore is majority black/minority PD. NYC is headed that way.

Yep...black people and white people are treated exactly the same......ok..got it.

Cmon...and I'm the last focking guy to excuse their culture.....but to act like you are not treated differently is pretty stupid.

You have no idea the shite they get away with.

You have no idea the shite they get away with, every day.

You have no idea the shite they get away with, every day.

So true

I'm getting my oil change as we speak. Of course the NAHA is bitching about the price and wants a discount. Focker got it too.

Baltimore is majority black/minority PD. NYC is headed that way.

And their ratio as far as whites to blacks arrested are comparable to the rest of the country, yes?

And their ratio as far as whites to blacks arrested are compared to the rest of the country, yes?

I don't think Baltimore makes arrests anymore. And NYC will always have the best numbers/stats. No mater what happens. Trust me.

Is this where we pretend being a white middle class male has not been advantageous in our lifetimes?

Is this where we pretend being a white middle class male has not been advantageous in our lifetimes?

You can. I'm going to play the "I got into the middle class with zero help game".

• Like 1

Please list all the advantages you received. Go...
  • Like 1

So no one can list real examples of their white privilege. Instead we have gotten some hypothetical probables but no factual examples. I'm not surprised.

• Like 1

Dude you sit in a basement all day while your wife goes and works. Shut the fock up.

So no one can list real examples of their white privilege. Instead we have gotten some hypothetical probables but no factual examples. I'm not surprised.

So stupid.

Yep..we get treated the same. How painfully naive.

Dude you sit in a basement all day while your wife goes and works. Shut the fock up.

Dude...you have no idea what you are talking about from so many levels.

No...I won't shut the fock up.

Psst...not a lot of basements in this area due to the rocky ground. HTH

So stupid.

I agree...Hawker and the like are quite naive.

So stupid.

Have you ever seen a black person that genuinely tries to be a contributing member of society get the shaft because of a white guy? I haven't. I have however seen a white guy not get hired ONLY because the company has a minority quota to meet.

Black thugs get the same treatment as white thugs, there just happens to be a lot more of them.

So stupid.

You've moved the goal posts. It's not whether we get treated the same. It's that you have everything you have in your life because you are white and nothing else. I would like to see examples of this. Go...

You've moved the goal posts. It's not whether we get treated the same. It's that you have everything you have in your life because you are white and nothing else. I would like to see examples of this. Go...

You clearly havent been reading. Woof.

You clearly havent been reading. Woof.

yea that's the ticket...

I've been pulled over for no reason on multiple occasions, and I'm not black. Want to hear about the time I was on a first date, we pulled over to change CD's, and a cop just pulled up right behind us and put his lights on? Did he think I was black? A black guy in a suit driving normally isn't getting pulled over for no reason. Same with shopping. It's not about their color. It's about how they dress and how they come off. A white punk in saggy pants, a wifebeater, and a sideways baseball cap is going to get pulled over for no reason more than the black guy I described above. He's also going to get followed/profiled by security in stores, etc.......Again, not the color, but how you come off and/or dress. And deservedly so.

I mean I have pumped gas and left the store and a day later called them and told them I forgot to pay and they acted like it was no big deal just to come in and pay it.

Where the fock can you pump gas before you pay?

I've been pulled over for no reason on multiple occasions, and I'm not black. Want to hear about the time I was on a first date, we pulled over to change CD's, and a cop just pulled up right behind us and put his lights on? Did he think I was black? A black guy in a suit driving normally isn't getting pulled over for no reason. Same with shopping. It's not about their color. It's about how they dress and how they come off. A white punk in saggy pants, a wifebeater, and a sideways baseball cap is going to get pulled over for no reason more than the black guy I described above. He's also going to get followed/profiled by security in stores, etc.......Again, not the color, but how you come off and/or dress. And deservedly so.

This is basically what I have been saying.

Fantasyland.

Lots of places. Many in Wisconsin where I grew up.

Also probably in places that are predominantly....you guessed it...white.

This is basically what I have been saying.

What? That small anecdotal answers somehow changes the overall point that it's less likely to go down that way if you are white?

There are a few in my community. I told the owner I come to his station because of that very reason. Once I head a few miles south though it's all pay up front.