Sign in to follow this  
touchdowntwitaker

Andre Caldwell - First WR to come out of nowhere this year

Peyton obviously lieks Caldwell and he played well when Welker went out last year. No way welker plays out the year and that broncos wr spot will be awesome for fantasy no matter what player is in it.

29, good route runner - he could easily grab 75 1050 and 9... Anyone else think you should be aggressive in acquiring him adn already drafted and have to do the FA bid this week? I wonder if a lot of other players will be on him.

I picked up Caldwell last year when Welker went out.

One great 2 TD game, the other was a nothing and the No. 2 TE Tamme (IIRC) did well.

I've always liked Caldwell but there is also the added uncertainty of Latimer hanging around.

It worked out last year with Decker, Thomas, Thomas and Welker

It worked out with harrison, wayne, clark, and stokley

I see nothing different here. Thomas Thomas Sanders and Caldwell

That is if you believe they will throw as much as they did last season. I don't believe they will. People are taking Peyton based on last years stats. Do you really think he throws that many TD's again? lol I don't.

It only worked out with Harrison, Wayne, Clark and Stokely for one season. Isn't that like saying OJ Simpson rocked with the Bills, so now I'm going to use up my bidding money on Bryce Brown? lol I agree that Welker doesn't make it through the season, but I don't think I'd go and shoot my wad on Caldwell.

• Like 1

I don't know who is going to have the better season . I like Latimer over Caldwell . That's my story and I am sticking to it . Will until Caldwell starts scoring .

Yes, people are taking Peyton on last years stats. And his stats for his whole career. Stupid statement. All high draft picks are based on last years stats. That's the kind of statement that got me to stop paying for fantasy advice

if Manning only reaches 75% of last year's output, it would still mean he goes for 4200/41

or you could phrase it as a 25% drop ... it's pretty impressive regardless of how you frame it.

Why would anyone pay for FF advice ?

I've always liked Caldwell but there is also the added uncertainty of Latimer hanging around.

IMO, Latimer won't be playing the slot. It's either Caldwell replacing Wes in slot, or Sanders moves inside if Caldwell doesn't cut it and they give Latimer a chance on the outside. If Wes can't go, Caldwell will get his chance. They may play around with both moving Sanders in and out, but Caldwell will get his chance to shine.

Found this combine report on Latimer, he's definitely not anywhere near the Welker type:

Strengths

Very good size. Shows a jab step to get into routes cleanly and is equipped to combat the jam. Can use his frame and physicality to create separation on slants and post-up throws. Nice catch radius -- extends to snag throws off his body. Soft, dependable hands. Nice strength after the catch. Good blocker -- subdues cornerbacks, shields, stalks and sustains. Improved steadily over three years as a starter.

Weaknesses

Is high-cut and shows some lower-body stiffness in his route running. Average burst off the line. Not a quick-twitch athlete -- could struggle to shake loose from more athletic corners. Lacks foot speed to separate vertically. Is straightlinish after the catch and will not make anyone miss. Marginal special-teams utility. Football was not his first love.

• Like 1