Sign in to follow this  
kujerry

Barkley vs Cook in PPR

Vikings have all kinds of O-Line injuries. Dalvin Cook is my keeper but I'm a little worried about him. I'd take Barkley ahead of him for sure.

Keenan Allen came back as a top player after an ACL tear.

Check out this NFL injury predictor website with all past injuries I just came across: https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/dalvin-cook/7748 A couple look ups were free now I see it's a pay site, that's too bad.

Players have done it, but I just can't get myself to take a guy coming off an ACL as my #1 player at the most important position in FF. For me, the risk is too big.

My issue with Cook is he even a true bell cow? L Murray isn't going away, he will get carries especially early on. As long as Barkley is good to go as expected I'd want him by a country mile. The more interesting argument is Cook vs CMC.

Players have done it, but I just can't get myself to take a guy coming off an ACL as my #1 player at the most important position in FF. For me, the risk is too big.

Yeah, "players" have done it. Got a list of RB's? Aside from Peterson, I don't remember any... well, not the year after anyways.

• Like 1

Yeah, "players" have done it. Got a list of RB's? Aside from Peterson, I don't remember any... well, not the year after anyways.

That's why I didn't get specific, because I couldn't remember any other than Peterson either HA. RB is different than WR. Cook could have a great year, but he's just going too high for me to be comfortable with the risk.

That's why I didn't get specific, because I couldn't remember any other than Peterson either HA. RB is different than WR. Cook could have a great year, but he's just going too high for me to be comfortable with the risk.

Tough call. The rule for many years was if a guy had an acl, he was done for that year and untouchable the next as well.

When the 7th round hits there will be 20-25 rbs taken. Unless you're playing in a four team league, there is ZERO chance cook is available then.

Anything after the 2nd round you stole him.

Only if he does something that only Adrian Peterson ever accomplished.

Knowshon Moreno tore his ACL in 2011. 2012 he split time with Willis mcgahee, then 2013 he had his best season as a pro.

Knowshon Moreno tore his ACL in 2011. 2012 he split time with Willis mcgahee, then 2013 he had his best season as a pro.

Gurley I’ll give you. Knowshon was a year removed.

Gurley Ill give you. Knowshon was a year removed.

Im not high on Cook, only playing devils advocate.

He was a year removed but he did play well when Mcgahee didnt play. Check the logs.

Im not high on Cook, only playing devils advocate.

He was a year removed but he did play well when Mcgahee didnt play. Check the logs.

Sure, Gurley counts. I asked the question because I didn't know the answer. I didn't remember many success stories.

Moreno is an example of why to stay away from Cook. Murray doesn't suck. Is he great? No, but he's an adequate player and good enough to take carries from Cook.

Sure, Gurley counts. I asked the question because I didn't know the answer. I didn't remember many success stories.

Moreno is an example of why to stay away from Cook. Murray doesn't suck. Is he great? No, but he's an adequate player and good enough to take carries from Cook.

Latavius Murray sucks lol

Excellent analysis.

Have you watched him play?

No chance he vultures any touches from a healthy Cook. None.

Vikings have a good team, I don't see them using Cook till he is well-done coming off injury. Keep his carries down a bit for play-offs could also come into play. I think Murray is average, awful is a bit harsh.

Key word in my post is HEALTHY.

If Cook is 100%, Murray shouldnt spell him at any point during any game.

Maybe to give him a breather after breaking a long run, but otherwise Cook is on the field all 3 downs.

I wouldnt draft Murray as a handcuff to Cook, would you?

Key word in my post is HEALTHY.

If Cook is 100%, Murray shouldnt spell him at any point during any game.

Maybe to give him a breather after breaking a long run, but otherwise Cook is on the field all 3 downs.

I wouldnt draft Murray as a handcuff to Cook, would you?

If there is a good handcuff to have out there, Murray is it

If there is a good handcuff to have out there, Murray is it

Not saying he isn't the handcuff to own but owning the handcuff to all of your starting RBs is so 10 years ago. Your guy would go down, the back up would go in and usually provide similar numbers.

Knowing the fact that Murray CANNOT provide similar numbers to Cook limits his upside immensely IMO. So why draft him?

Yes I did and completely disagree with you.

Vikes are paying Murray a decent amount of money. He had over 800 yds rushing and 8 td in a committee last year. He will get the rock more than you think.

Vikes are paying Murray a decent amount of money. He had over 800 yds rushing and 8 td in a committee last year. He will get the rock more than you think.

Yup. Over the last 3 years, he had about 1,000 total yards every year and at least 8 TD's. He very well might be the best backup RB in the league and probably the best handcuff.

Not saying he isn't the handcuff to own but owning the handcuff to all of your starting RBs is so 10 years ago. Your guy would go down, the back up would go in and usually provide similar numbers.

Knowing the fact that Murray CANNOT provide similar numbers to Cook limits his upside immensely IMO. So why draft him?

For the majority of backups, I agree. Murray is a rare handcuff who could put up close to rb1 numbers on a weekly basis. Rb 2.5 at worst.

I missed where Cook established himself as the next great thing at the NFL level.

Meanwhile Barkley is maybe the most physical beast the position has ever seen. Yeah I'm going by gym workouts for that conclusion but his college tape isn't exactly shabby. My main league is a deep keeper so I may be a little skewed for redraft, but I take Barkley over Cook in a heartbeat.

I missed where Barkley established himself as the next great thing at the NFL level.

Meanwhile, Cook averaged 4.8 yards per carry and 8.2 yards per catch in the NFL prior to injury. Barkley averaged like 2.1 yards per carry against Rutgers this past year. Drool over private pictures of Barkley all you want, but putting down Cook and discussing personal fantasies about Barkley does not help your case.

I missed where Barkley established himself as the next great thing at the NFL level.

Meanwhile, Cook averaged 4.8 yards per carry and 8.2 yards per catch in the NFL prior to injury. Barkley averaged like 2.1 yards per carry against Rutgers this past year. Drool over private pictures of Barkley all you want, but putting down Cook and discussing personal fantasies about Barkley does not help your case.

Barkley scored two touchdowns in that Rutgers game. Do TD's not count in your fantasy league? That's an even worse reason not to draft Barkley, than drafting him because of a work out video.

Both have concerns but give me Barkley.

Cook isnt playing right now. I dont love that. Laytay might be in the way more than we want to believe. Last year could be misleading because Laytay was hurting at the beginning of last year. That could have easily helped Cook be used more heavily than planned. Add in the injuries to the Vikings Oline recently and Im scared at least a little of marking Cook as a safe top 5-8 option.

Barkley scored two touchdowns in that Rutgers game. Do TD's not count in your fantasy league? That's an even worse reason not to draft Barkley, than drafting him because of a work out video.

So. They got the ball down to the goal line for him to get in. So what? How many TDs did he have against Indiana? With his 2.8 yards per carry? 20 carries for 56 yards. 0 TDs. The guy could be a good back in the NFL but the argument was stated as what has Cook done in this league? Answer: More than Barkley.

You are so sensitive about Barkley it's weird. Let him play a few games before you crown him HOF.

Definitely not crowning a rookie for anyone, and not sensitive at all, another poor read on your part. Merely responding to your repetitive argument about Barkley's performance against Rutgers which you have mentioned like 10 times now, and not once did you mention him scoring two touchdowns. Its all good on my part...

Definitely not crowning a rookie for anyone, and not sensitive at all, another poor read on your part. Merely responding to your repetitive argument about Barkley's performance against Rutgers which you have mentioned like 10 times now, and not once did you mention him scoring two touchdowns. Its all good on my part...

20 for 56 against another powerhouse in Indiana. 0 TDs.

I rather have Barkley and my reason is less mouths to feed. Its goung to be the OBJ/Barkley show with sprinkles of Engram . With Cook, Minnesota has far more weapons than the Giants and will spread the ball around. Also with Cook coming off an ACL injury, so theyll probably lighten is load up some. JMO

2007 CIBA League Champs (CBS)

2008 Lynch Invitational League Champs (Yahoo)

2010 Jimmy's League Champs (CBS)

2011 SUNY at Albany Champs (ESPN)

2013 Jimmy's League Champs (CBS)

2013 SUNY at Albany Champs (ESPN)

It just seems pathetic to me that someone would come on here and list their championships. Nice job, I guess. Most of the rest of us would smile for a day and move onto other things more important.

He was going to be cut and they restructured his contract. He is not getting paid that much.

Yup. Over the last 3 years, he had about 1,000 total yards every year and at least 8 TD's. He very well might be the best backup RB in the league and probably the best handcuff.

I'm not going to get into an opinion war with anyone on here. In my humble honest opinion, Latavius Murray is as boring and vanilla as they come. AT BEST, i would say he's average.

This is just my strategy but I'm against rostering average players. I don't care about draft position or value picks or what have you. I want every single player on my team to be either really good, or really high upside. Certain handcuffs are worth it but most of them are not.

I'm not going to handcuff DJ, Bell, or Gurley because there's a good chance their backup cannot come close to the production required for success.

Latavius Murray is average and has zero upside so i know there is no scenario where he is on my roster.

P.S. I don't put too much weight on preseason but 6 carries for 12 yards with a long run of 11..... that sucks.

Took Cook as the ninth pick and am happy to have him. I did hand cuff

9th overall?? Wow. That is the definition of a risky 1st round pick. Is this ppr? If so, tell me you didn't pass on Fournette, Gordon, or McCaffrey for him

9th overall?? Wow. That is the definition of a risky 1st round pick. Is this ppr? If so, tell me you didn't pass on Fournette, Gordon, or McCaffrey for him

Those guys are all close in ppr, it’s splitting hairs to me. CMC hype is starting to forget his upside is capped with Cam and CJ at the goal line. Cook could have been a top 5 RB last year and could do the same this year if the ACL doesn’t affect him, same as Fournette and Gordon especially. I’m looking hard at Gordon pick 9 myself.

Those guys are all close in ppr, it’s splitting hairs to me. CMC hype is starting to forget his upside is capped with Cam and CJ at the goal line. Cook could have been a top 5 RB last year and could do the same this year if the ACL doesn’t affect him, same as Fournette and Gordon especially. I’m looking hard at Gordon pick 9 myself.

Yeah I get that IF he didn't tear his ACL, but he did. Plus the whole teams seems to be saying that Cook may be splitting touches with Murray more than people believe. Cook, who tore his ACL last year and only played a few games, rumored to be in more of a split than people believe, vs 3 top 10 finishers. It really isn't much of a question to me.

Yeah I get that IF he didn't tear his ACL, but he did. Plus the whole teams seems to be saying that Cook may be splitting touches with Murray more than people believe. Cook, who tore his ACL last year and only played a few games, rumored to be in more of a split than people believe, vs 3 top 10 finishers. It really isn't much of a question to me.

Yea it might be more risky than it seems especially if Murray can get things going. I would still temper expectations for CMC as he’s an outside shot to score even 10tds. That’s just for his ceiling, he could still have a high floor.