Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Let's play "Which first two?"

Since the first round or two is fairly predictable and I'm sure we're all playing with different scenarios. Post your which two would you prefer....

Option A: Odell and McCaffrey

Option B: Hunt and Julio

Standard league.

Since the first round or two is fairly predictable and I'm sure we're all playing with different scenarios. Post your which two would you prefer....

Standard league.

A by a wide margin

Do you prefer a RB that can't get in the endzone or a WR that can't? I like B, but that's cause I prefer a top RB over a top WR in standard.

I really think Hunt will have an efficiency decline this year. He will have good numbers, but he isn't really a big play guy. I always look at runners that have anomaly big runs and discount that from the way I look at their stats. Jeremy Hill will always be the biggest bluff for big gains. People loved that he could have multiple 50 yard runs in a season, when the reality seemed those numbers were more luck and unsustainable. Hunt is far surpior, of course, but I think the really long runs come back to Earth a bit

I really think Hunt will have an efficiency decline this year. He will have good numbers, but he isn't really a big play guy. I always look at runners that have anomaly big runs and discount that from the way I look at their stats. Jeremy Hill will always be the biggest bluff for big gains. People loved that he could have multiple 50 yard runs in a season, when the reality seemed those numbers were more luck and unsustainable. Hunt is far surpior, of course, but I think the really long runs come back to Earth a bit

I hear you as we saw that last year with Hunt, but I think the same could be said about McCaffery being big play dependent. The biggest difference being that Hunt will still get goal line work, which may limit the big play need. I'm just not sold that in a standard league you want McCaffery as your RB1.

B. But I think it's a coin flip. I like who is throwing to Julio better and Hunt is in a prime position with a QB needing some safety valves.

I hear you as we saw that last year with Hunt, but I think the same could be said about McCaffery being big play dependent. The biggest difference being that Hunt will still get goal line work, which may limit the big play need. I'm just not sold that in a standard league you want McCaffery as your RB1.

For some reason I was thinking it was PPR. Could have sworn I read that. It's a lot closer then. I still would go A because I don't see any other RB taking touches away from Mcaffery that matter. He may not be the plunge from the 1 guy, but if they aren't right on the GL, he will be in the package most times. I still hold out that Spencer Ware is a good running back and also a good receiver. A very similar running back to Hunt in style and ability with a little more athleticism (not as good of vision though).

Can we do a C?

If not I would go A...excited to see McCaffery in Norv's offensive system and I don't trust Reid's usage of Hunt....Andy seems to think he's smarter than the rest of the world...see weeks 6-12 last yr

Standard league.

B

how bout McCaffrey/Kamara? :shocking:

In standard meh, ppr sure. Obj has a 10td floor, passing that up is a fools errand.

B

I like both of them better

Ha... Feel free to post your own. I'm sure we're all going back and forth on a few guys or strategies. Thanks for the feedback though.

Ha... Feel free to post your own. I'm sure we're all going back and forth on a few guys or strategies. Thanks for the feedback though.

Dont tell me what to do

Stafford and Zeke

or

Brady and Fournette

Stafford and the Zeke.

• Like 1

Mccaffery won’t see much goalline or short yardage work.

Anderson would be the rb.

Stafford and Zeke

or

Brady and Fournette

Easily Stafford and Zeke. You pay a premium for Tom and I think he begins his decline this year and finishes similar to Stafford or below.
  • Like 1

Hunt, Fournette, Gordon, Hogan, Landry

Or

Hunt, Fournette, Burkhead, Hogan, D. Adams

B, I think Gordon is too risky, hasn’t been good in 5 years and Adams is high upside.

B, I think Gordon is too risky, hasn’t been good in 5 years and Adams is high upside.

I disagree. Of all the players there Adams and his concussions presents the most risk for the price. I'd take the three RB studs and enjoy that advantage every week.

My bad, that is Melvin Gordon. Its basically my option of going all in on RB position vs. having more flexibility and taking a WR to have a more rounded roster.

My bad, that is Melvin Gordon. Its basically my option of going all in on RB position vs. having more flexibility and taking a WR to have a more rounded roster.

Ok in that case it’s unrealistic to have those three since all of them are backend 1st round picks.

Ok in that case it’s unrealistic to have those three since all of them are backend 1st round picks.

Keeper league, picking 11th overall. So in my situation I have a hard time passing on the volume of Fournette and M. Gordon even though I am already keeping K. Hunt. Logic says balancing my roster with 1 of those 2 as well as best available WR is probably the right thing...I just can't help but think this is a good year to load up on a bunch of middle round WR's.

Keeper league, picking 11th overall. So in my situation I have a hard time passing on the volume of Fournette and M. Gordon even though I am already keeping K. Hunt. Logic says balancing my roster with 1 of those 2 as well as best available WR is probably the right thing...I just can't help but think this is a good year to load up on a bunch of middle round WR's.

Ok then it’s not even close, the team with Gordon. Burkhead is a flex bye week fill in, you will be good to load up on those RB and take a wr downgrade.

B even though I am not in love with Julio.

I am somewhat leary of Odell that was a pretty nasty injury and he is making noise about his contract too? Add in I think McCaffery is one of the RB's that will dissapoint his draft position. My logic of him disappointing is flimsy at best but here goes: he loses the goal line touches, he's smaller than I would like, I am not sure he gets over 220 touches. For my final unassailable bit of logic...I just don't trust him or see a special NFL player. He's a very good player but not on the level of Odell, Julio or even Kareem Hunt.

I like Kareem Hunt and the boom/bust of Julio with him.

B and it's not close.

McCaffrey should be no where near drafted in the 2nd round in a standard league. He'll probably only get 600 yards rushing.

Hunt will not regress and he is a big play RB. He is one of the best RBs in the NFL at breaking tackles plus he's elusive and he catches the ball well.

B and it's not close.

McCaffrey should be no where near drafted in the 2nd round in a standard league. He'll probably only get 600 yards rushing.

Hunt will not regress and he is a big play RB. He is one of the best RBs in the NFL at breaking tackles plus he's elusive and he catches the ball well.

Well said... option B for sure.

Hunt, Fournette, M. Gordon, Hogan, Landry

Or

Hunt, Fournette, Burkhead, Hogan, D. Adams

The top one easy, 3 stud RBs vs 2 is the only big difference I see