Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

A. Jones as the lead back?

Read this on Rotoworld. Granted, it's a newspaper saying this and not the GB coaches, but what do you think the odds are of this happening?

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel believes the Packers need to commit to Aaron Jones as their lead back.

With Aaron Rodgers potentially out for the year, the Packers are expected to be more run heavy behind Brett Hundley. Jones rotated with Ty Montgomery last week, but continued to outplay him. Montgomery is averaging 3.2 YPC with one run over 10 yards. He's also struggled on first downs, with three negative and six zero-yard rushes. The Packers need to start Jones and ride him to keep pressure off Hundley and the pass game. It's possible Jones takes over the backfield in Week 7 against the Saints.

• Like 1

I would expect them to run more.

But it's hard to say with whom.

Yeah I just came here to find out this exactly/ I was hoping to read from some homers take. I just picked up Blount from waivers and trying to figure out who my RB2 should be.

Everywhere I look they have them close, but I know they are close already. I was hoping to hear diff insight I guess.

Blount or Jones week 7?

Yeah I just came here to find out this exactly/ I was hoping to read from some homers take. I just picked up Blount from waivers and trying to figure out who my RB2 should be.

Everywhere I look they have them close, but I know they are close already. I was hoping to hear diff insight I guess.

Blount or Jones week 7?

I have them both too. I'd go Blount. Safer bet this week until we know what shakes out in GB.

• Like 1

Just picked him up after he was dropped. Do you guys see any long term value in ppr as a flex play? I think this week will tell us a lot with how the carries are split with montogomery playing and hundley under center.

Traded Ty Mont for Russell Wilson after I lost Rodgers. No faith in that Green Bay offense at all.

As others said, Jones should be the lead back, but expecting McCarthy to recognize that is asking for a miracle.

As an Jones owner, if you want to look at it through optimistic lenses you could say Rodgers getting hurt might actually HELP Jones. If Rodgers stays healthy GB uses Jones and Ty in an even 50/50 split all season, making both RB3s. Now GB has to commit heavily to the run and it ends up more like 70/30 in favor of Jones. The caveat is that Hundley has be a respectable NFL QB, somewhere in the realm of how Keenum has been playing. It’s not out of the realm of impossibility.. Hundley does have a TON of good weapons around him.

With that said Jones will do squat this week, just watch…

As an Jones owner, if you want to look at it through optimistic lenses you could say Rodgers getting hurt might actually HELP Jones. If Rodgers stays healthy GB uses Jones and Ty in an even 50/50 split all season, making both RB3s. Now GB has to commit heavily to the run and it ends up more like 70/30 in favor of Jones. The caveat is that Hundley has be a respectable NFL QB, somewhere in the realm of how Keenum has been playing. Its not out of the realm of impossibility.. Hundley does have a TON of good weapons around him.

With that said Jones will do squat this week, just watch

"Not out of the realm of impossibility"

Nice try Yogi Berra.

Lol that was a typo, but a funny one. And it looks like Jones is the man!!!

It was wonderfully executed. I got a chuckle out of it lol