Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Cordarrelle Patterson traded to New England

NE brings in so many bad washed up WRs anymore its getting hilarious

Sounds like the Patriots are getting Patterson and a 6th-round pick and giving the Raiders a 5th round pick.

Ouch. That is literally getting traded for a ham sandwich. Lol

Theyre trying to load up on pure talent. Guys that went in the first round or two because they were physically special. Didnt work out for whatever reason but maybe they can still be salvaged

Maybe they just want a kick returner, and they got the best in the league (1st in yards per kick return in 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2017). He is 2nd best all time in yards per kick return to Gale Sayers. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/kick_ret_yds_per_ret_career.htm

Special teams is definitely a big part of it. Kick returner and gunner.

Can't be anything more then for a return man.

Good move.

Congrats Wolfpack big win

Special teams is definitely a big part of it. Kick returner and gunner.

It's probably the only part of it.

Always interesting to see a guy like this go to New England

Best special teamer in the league, and he has rushed for the next TD per touch ratio pretty much ever in the league. Always thought he should get 10 carries a game.

Leave it to NE to work at creating a complete team rather than just trying to get big name individuals. And to use them as such even if they are big names.

It's probably the only part of it.

Hell get a chance at WR, at least as fourth or fifth option in event of emergency. What he does with it is a different question

Patriots teams are not built on Studs, but on blue collar depth and position flexibility.

See it as a good to great fit.

Fantasy pov. Not worthy the discussion. Unless your concern is for special team scoring.

Saw another site that talks about sports and it starts with a E talked about Johnny football to the Pats m

Heck why not

Best special teamer in the league, and he has rushed for the next TD per touch ratio pretty much ever in the league. Always thought he should get 10 carries a game.

Totally agree with this. I'd like to see what he could do in the pistol like GB has used Cobb and Adams.

I know hes not much of a receiver, but he is fast. I would imagine every now and then having him and crooks both running deep routes would be a useful thing.

Assuming Brady can still get the ball deep of course.

I know hes not much of a receiver, but he is fast. I would imagine every now and then having him and crooks both running deep routes would be a useful thing.

I dont agree with the sentiment that he isn't much of a receiver. There are plenty of guys who get paid millions just to play receiver, who are no worse off than Patterson at that job. Mike Wallace, Torrey Smith etc

I agree.

I don't think he's much of a receiver either, and I do think he's their mostly for ST play.

But you just know that the Hoody and gang will find away to get him involved in the passing game now and then.

Proverbs 22:4

I agree.

I don't think he's much of a receiver either, and I do think he's their mostly for ST play.

But you just know that the Hoody and gang will find away to get him involved in the passing game now and then.

Proverbs 22:4

Well he is a receiver, so it only makes sense for him to be involved now and then.

Ouch. That is literally getting traded for a ham sandwich. Lol

oh no, that was part of the deal. check the fine print. Oakland gets a ham sandwich.

I say the line of number of carries vs number of receptions at something like

Receptions -8

To get a pass thrown your way from Brady, you need to have his trust. Patterson is and always has been a terrible route runner. Now he has to learn the Pats system and be in the right place all the time to earn Brady's trust. Doubtful.

Belichick is one of the few coaches that value special teams enough to bring in a guy like Patterson just to be a returner.

New England fashion would be that Patterson becomes a hero, but time for NE to go to the pasteur.

Even after all these years in the league, dude's route tree is severely limited. Tunnel screens and quick pitches are his forte. And he was absolutely the worst focking blocker on the Raiders, it was laughable at times. EXCELLENT kick return man, though this was mitigated by the high number of touchbacks against them. And overlooked as a gunner on kick coverage teams. His salary made him expendable.