Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Uconn women - 100 wins in a row. Could the best high school basketball team beat them?

100% yes.

Sorry Geno, it's not impressive.

100% yes.

Sorry Geno, it's not impressive.

Without getting into any of the gender issues and stuff, what really surprises me is that with all the colleges that have women's bball, that there aren't a half dozen schools like UConn. I know the talent isn't as deep, but you would think there would be a few schools every year that would challenge them. :dunno:

Yes a top boys HS team in the nation would beat them. They would get every rebound and block many drives.

Fock no...not even close.

you're beyond retarded

you're beyond retarded

Yeah ive only played and coached in college including womens basketball, and played against men and women all americans....what would i know. JFC.

Yeah ive only played and coached in college including womens basketball, and played against men and women all americans....what would i know. JFC.

you're the only one so far stupid enough to think the best girl basketball player can even come close to best high school male :lol:

you're the only one so far stupid enough to think the best girl basketball player can even come close to best high school male :lol:

You are starting to move the goalposts Ed.

4 year women's player as a senior vs a kid high school player? Yeah..ill take the girl.

You are starting to move the goalposts Ed.

:wacko:

the best high school team in the USA could beat Uconn women's team. tomorrow.

Dunno, they probably have the size of the average HS team. And they can shoot. There are some they could beat.

The girls team at my son's HS school is Top 5 in the nation. The boys would beat them by 60.

:wacko:

the best high school team in the USA could beat Uconn women's team. tomorrow.

Your thread title is..."Could a male high school basketball team beat them?". I took that to mean, average, good boys HS team, not the best HS team in the country, slight difference. You need another coffee. :cheers:

That coach has the easiest job ever. Each year it's like coaching the dream team of women's basketball.

Five seconds left coach, what do you want me to do?

What, are you focking kidding me? Your seven feet tall and a chick. You have one job to do, make a basket. It's not brain surgery there, Goliath. And stop looking like a man. It's gross. So, two jobs, you have two jobs to do. Make a basket and stop looking like a man.

Your thread title is..."Could a male high school basketball team beat them?". I took that to mean, average, good boys HS team, not the best HS team in the country, slight difference. You need another coffee. :cheers:

Yeah, we'll take the 5 and 5 team from Podunk to play them. stop trying to so hard, it's annoying

Yeah, gotta side with Ed on this one. Average boys high school team, no way. But I think one of the top teams in the country would kill them IMO

Ahhhh I remember winning my 100th in a row and how good it felt to dominate the pee wee football league I was playing in. I won 7 championships and 145 games in a row before I decided that playing against a bunch of 7 year olds was getting tiring.

I think UConn women could beat some small college teams. Probably most DII teams too.

But the very best HS team probably has NBA level talent on it. They have a kid or two who will go to Kentucky and bolt after a year. That kind of talent would be tough to stop for a really good women's team.

I think UConn women could beat some small college teams. Probably most DII teams too.

Mens they could beat? No way - no chance, not even at the DII level.

I do not believe this for a second. Uconn would get beat easily by almost any mens basketball team in the nation.

• Like 1

I do not believe this for a second. Uconn would get beat easily by almost any mens basketball team in the nation.

This current UConn squad has 1 girl who's 6'6" and another who is 6''5" - both would get destroyed, and probably hurt, by any college level men's team.

HS Varsity and above. :thumbsup:

Against ALL men's college teams, UCONN would be the shortest, slowest team on the court. Same with most HS teams.

They probably would not get a shot off on 80% of possessions against any college team.

This current UConn squad has 1 girl who's 6'6" and another who is 6''5" - both would get destroyed, and probably hurt, by any college level men's team.

Great point.

I am 5'9 and my best friend growing up was 6'2 and I jump as high as a girl. I could never get a shot off against him. Block city

Mens they could beat? No way - no chance, not even at the DII level.

We'll never know. Just think it's impressive to show up every single game for a couple years. The mental toughness it takes to do that is astounding. Whatever they lack in athleticism they'd make up in other areas. They obviously know how to win.

Maybe they couldn't beat most DII teams but I think there are some men's teams they could beat.

Lol...you guys are killing me.

Shot a couple of these to my friend girl who coaches D1 who was an all american. Think you are underestimating how good women at that level are.

High school boys would get out executed to death.

Shot a couple of these to my friend girl who coaches D1 who was an all american. Think you are underestimating how good women at that level are.

what did you think she would say :lol:

best ever woman's coach is a man :lol:

get the fock out of here

UConn would beat the average HS team, probably lose to a top 5 HS team and get murdered by the speed and hops of a national HS all star team.

We'll never know. Just think it's impressive to show up every single game for a couple years. The mental toughness it takes to do that is astounding. Whatever they lack in athleticism they'd make up in other areas. They obviously know how to win.

Maybe they couldn't beat most DII teams but I think there are some men's teams they could beat.

They would be slower, shorter, smaller and physically weaker than every single men's Division II team in the nation - how do you figure they could possibly win - by mental toughness?

They would 1) NEVER get the ball inside the paint or near the rim, 2) they would NEVER get a rebound, 3) they only chance they'd have of scoring would be by FTs or some kind of downtown prayer... They would be lucky to score 25 pts - hell, some teams are lucky to score that now, against other women.

They obviously know how to win.

How freaking hard is it to come to play ball against far inferior competition every day? They are the A squad in a league that MIGHT have 3 other A squads a year. The rest are B and Cs that pose no threat to them. That is not knowing how to win. That is inferior competition. This is their 2nd super long win streak. Woodens UCLA team only won 85. That shows how low level the competition is.

I mean im just taking Oak Hill. Iowa state has a top 50 recruit at guard from there....hes not better than uconns gabby williams right now. Not a chance.

I'll give this caveat that if you allowed men to block shots and dunk....im sure some high school elite team could catch them some night. Otherwise....no. high school kids are not beating a senior led uconn team.

Ive played with peter jok from iowa when he was 18...and 18 year old kids have a knack of doing really stupid things, and falling for really easy tricks. Just think the wimmen would have to much an execution advantage.

High school boys would get out executed to death.

There's some merit to this. There's was always that one girl in high school who could hang with the boys.

The best of the best of that group is now starting at UConn.

Most HS teams don't play well enough as a team to beat UConn's starters.

But, the top 5 HS players in the country would be too much talent for UConn to overcome.

Women would have to execute to perfection in order to make up for lack of athleticism, size, strength, speed, jumping, rebounding, paint play etc. I'd take a top high school male program until proven otherwise.

There's some merit to this. There's was always that one girl in high school who could hang with the boys.

The best of the best of that group is now starting at UConn.

Most HS teams don't play well enough as a team to beat UConn's starters.

But, the top 5 HS players in the country would be too much talent for UConn to overcome.

Top 5 hs players in the country Ucon does not score 20 points.

Hey everyone,. what do you know?

edjr brought another awesome non-political topic to the board.

You really are lucky to have him around

Good job.

Now stfu :wave:

As long as you agree with him. :)

Sinner.

Once again, this thread would suck if people has a brain in their head. I am going to a HS game tonight. Both teams would wipe the floor with UConn.