Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

NCAA Hoops '17-'18

Nova is solid at defending the three-point line and Michigan is shooting like sh*t. The Wildcats will get their points, hard to see where Michigan will get theirs.

Michigan's inconsistent offense is always a problem.

Texas Tech (held?) Villanova to 71 points. Villanova has lots of tools in the toolbox but I think Michigan can realistically do as well as Texas Tech, but can they get to 72 themselves? Michigan can do explosions like vs Texas A&M but that's a shock. I'm thinking they'll have to put up a better defensive performance than Texas Tech since a game in the 60s is a more realistic one for them to win as I don't think they have the juice to get much more than that. Can they hold them that low? Has anybody?

Villanova is 6.5 pt favorites and an over/under of 145.

https://www.oddsshark.com/ncaab/michigan-villanova-odds-april-2-2018-968026

The problems I see are that Michigan has been excellent at preventing teams from taking 3s, but they haven't run into a team that can put three or four excellent three-point shooters on the floor at once...and Nova can match Wagner in the paint and defend the outside shot as well (unlike A&M who flat out forgot about shooters on the wing repeatedly).

The problems I see are that Michigan has been excellent at preventing teams from taking 3s, but they haven't run into a team that can put three or four excellent three-point shooters on the floor at once...and Nova can match Wagner in the paint and defend the outside shot as well (unlike A&M who flat out forgot about shooters on the wing repeatedly).

Purdue disagrees with this statement...

Purdue disagrees with this statement...

Purdue isn't on Nova's level. Technically, the Wildcats can put FIVE guys on the floor who hit threes now as Spellman has hit 9 in the last three games.

Purdue isn't on Nova's level. Technically, the Wildcats can put FIVE guys on the floor who hit threes now as Spellman has hit 9 in the last three games.

Fair enough. Im not saying Michigan should be a favorite or will completely shut down the 3 point line. Im just saying Purdue was the 2nd best 3 point % team in DIV1 this year. Michigan held them to 4/17 in the big 10 title game. So give the boys in blue a little more credit!

I hope it is close and that we don't get the doors blown off like the Michigan St/UNC title game, but I have a feeling that Michigan will have a few empty possessions in a row where Nova goes on a run and after that point it snowballs.

I think Michigan pulls the upset tonight. They'll slow the pace. Defend the 3 well. Beilein is one of the most underrated coaches in the country. He's a great x/o coach and makes in game adjustments as well as any coach in the game. Wagner is the key imo. Michigan needs him playing well inside and out. Should be a great game. Nova might live and die by the 3, and we all know how that can end if they go cold. Should be a fun game.

Two schools full of rich kids rooting for the poor black kids to win THEM a championship.

Two schools full of rich kids rooting for the poor black kids to win THEM a championship.

Moritz Wagner is rich and German, just like me. Win me my championship BLUE!!! :cheers:

And the almighty fan from NY state has what college athletic powerhouse university to root for?

And the almighty fan from NY state has what college athletic powerhouse university to root for?

I don't really follow the African ballet. Besides, college sports is a cesspool. Enjoy.

I don't really follow the African ballet. Besides, college sports is a cesspool. Enjoy.

And there are no colleges/universities worthy of your standards there we all know that lol you are a fockin trip

And there are no colleges/universities worthy of your standards there we all know that lol you are a fockin trip

West Point. Annapolis. The Air Force one.

The good news: Nova still cold from 3

The bad news: Michigan is setting them up to feast at the line like the last time they were cold from 3

Abdur-Rahman has been dead weight...getting beaten on defense, committing fouls that are unnecessary, missing open shots and free throws.

Michigan can't shoot to save their lives...again. If anyone other than Divincenzo figures it out, this will be a blood bath.

Michigan can't shoot to save their lives...again. If anyone other than Divincenzo figures it out, this will be a blood bath.

Yah man. D is playing solid, but you need to actually make baskets to win. :sadbanana:

Michigan simply outclassed, in their defense, everybody else in this tourney was as well.

Props to a great team

Wasn't some great stretch but pretty much what many of us thought. Michigan would struggle to score points.

Heck of a program Nova has.

:(

Congrats to Villanova

Man, if WVU could have just avoided their four minute or so funk...