Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

What are you getting your wife for christmas?

Get your loved one a Tory Burch purse.

We have been over this. I just told my wife that this is the second time you suggested this to me. She said that it would probably clash with the cracker crumbs that accumulate inside the purse.

If i remember, maybe in 10 years.

5 minutes after i told my wife this, she said never to get her this purse, instead she said i should buy her these shoes. This isnt happening, thanks for getting me in trouble.

https://tieks.com/copperhead.html

5 minutes after i told my wife this, she said never to get her this purse, instead she said i should buy her these shoes. This isnt happening, thanks for getting me in trouble.

https://tieks.com/copperhead.html

My fiancée was trolling taobao yesterday (chinky Amazon) and said she found some shoes she liked, but they were a little expensive.

I know her well enough to know it wasnt some crazy crap like $700 maolos or something. But figured it was something like this. $300 ugly ass ballet shoes or something.

Some set of boots with a heel. They cost $11.78. :lol:

My fiancée was trolling taobao yesterday (chinky Amazon) and said she found some shoes she liked, but they were a little expensive.

I know her well enough to know it wasnt some crazy crap like $700 maolos or something. But figured it was something like this. $300 ugly ass ballet shoes or something.

Some set of boots with a heel. They cost $11.78. :lol:

She's conditioning you. These little innocent "but it's too expensive"s will slowly creep up into the legit expensive range and you'll be so accustomed to not giving it a second thought. 10 years down the line you're buying her $140 cashmere slipper socks.

Kidding. She sounds like my dad.

Totally OT but I have a picture of Tory Burch considering a mood board (polyvore) I put together for her line. Granted she is considering about twenty others at the same time. I got excited when I saw it on social media (this is probably 6 or 7 years ago) but didn't place top 3.

She's conditioning you. These little innocent "but it's too expensive"s will slowly creep up into the legit expensive range and you'll be so accustomed to not giving it a second thought. 10 years down the line you're buying her $140 cashmere slipper socks.

Im used to American women, like my mother and sister and sister in law. The retail price of their shoe and purse collection could send several kids to college.

But she cracks me up. Well be at a mall an hour subway ride away on the ass other end of the city, and shell see a shirt she likes. Maybe ¥80 ($12)

Ill wait a week or two. It will go on sale.

Im like, baby, the focking subway ride here and back costs ¥20 and takes two hours of your life. Just buy the damn shirt.

Most of his here are in the habit of converting prices into our home currency to decide if its a good deal or not. Home currency doesnt really matter, since we get paid in yuan and all our expenses are in yuan, its just something people do.

So for brits, Americans, etc., were always like, sh!t, its $15. Fock it.

But for Filipinos, theyre like, its 700 pesos! So expensive!

I went to a Thai cooking class at sur la table when I was home last summer. Pretty low key and fun. Maybe try that?

I don't like Thai food. And I personally don't enjoy cooking. :dunno:

common now.. he was just illustrating. if this is a surprise, is there a cuisine you believe she would enjoy learning about?

They have dozens of different courses. Its one of those, do something you dont care for to make her happy sortta things I guess.

the ballet slippers or the boots with heels?

We have been over this. I just told my wife that this is the second time you suggested this to me. She said that it would probably clash with the cracker crumbs that accumulate inside the purse.

omg, i forgot. my apologies.

What are you giving your wife?

A divorce?

Half your sh!t?

:o

:lol:

Hey, did we ever get that girlfriend story from him?

:o

:lol:

No we did not. <_<

Don't think so.

Time to spill it FBN

What are you giving your wife?

A divorce?

Half your sh!t?

:first:

This was actually very funny

im two pairs of sandals, a clutch, and assorted accessories into this Tory Birch nonsense.

LeVeon Bell sez

LeVian Diamonds are a girls best friend

No we did not. <_<

It’s an online girlfriend. They haven’t even met yet I’m guessing, If it’s even really a woman.

our issue is that during the year, when we want something we typically buy it. these days we do not seek out too many material items. i do not need the latest technology (tv, voice activated devices, video games, etc). we also usually take our family vacation around January and consider that our gift to each other. i know that i would pass on x,y,z to have nicer meals and experiences on vacation.

Its an online girlfriend. They havent even met yet Im guessing, If its even really a woman.

Oooh I like that. Good call :thumbsup:

You guys are such bundles of joy and romance.

The idea is to think of or remember something they want and surprise them with it. Not exchange wish lists.

After a while, there is only so much stuff she can have or want...if you pick the right woman ;)

But Naomi shared a common theme that chicks want you to do/make something for them, rather than buying it.

After a while, there is only so much stuff she can have or want...if you pick the right woman ;)

But Naomi shared a common theme that chicks want you to do/make something for them, rather than buying it.

I disagree. You want a woman that is always excited to have your cack.

our issue is that during the year, when we want something we typically buy it. these days we do not seek out too many material items. i do not need the latest technology (tv, voice activated devices, video games, etc). we also usually take our family vacation around January and consider that our gift to each other. i know that i would pass on x,y,z to have nicer meals and experiences on vacation.

This.

I bought 5 different American made pans. A pizza stone and kit some jewelry, socks, and clothes.

• Like 1

Got girlfriend a flight for both of us to Georgia to see her mom,dad sister and godchild first week if February.

Some perfume, a bracelet that matches the necklace and earrings I got her last year and in honor of Tom Brady a pair of uggs.

I realized after the flight purchase I'll have to watch the patriots win the super bowl in Georgia.

im two pairs of sandals, a clutch, and assorted accessories into this Tory Birch nonsense.

I read this three times trying to figure out why you got your wife a new car transmission as a present, until I realized that you used the word "clutch" to describe a purse. Turn in your man card please. :thumbsdown:

• Like 2

I read this three times trying to figure out why you got your wife a new car transmission as a present, until I realized that you used the word "clutch" to describe a purse. Turn in your man card bich. :thumbsdown:

Seconded
  • Like 1

I agree with a lot of this, especially not needing the latest things. That being said, Christmas IMO is the time to buy stuff the other person normally wouldn't buy for themselves. And as TBBOM I think said, it is a time to buy/do things that show you know and love the person.

That being said, I didn't spend more than $100 on any one thing. It's more about the thought than the expense.

• Like 1

After reading the mission of this Tory Burch crap I'll stay away.

http://www.toryburchfoundation.org

Doesnt look objectionable to me. Im not a big feminist, but they are trying to advance their cause the right way... building something up, businesses and the like, rather than tearing other people down like other movements.

Doesnt look objectionable to me. Im not a big feminist, but they are trying to advance their cause the right way... building something up, businesses and the like, rather than tearing other people down like other movements.

I concur but would prefer to see collectiveness, not blatant separatism.

Went into the Victoria Secrets on Thursday and walked up to a mexican girl with big cans.. "Want two of your finest bras for a girl with big can's. No frilly bullsh!t. These arn't for me, they are for her." She looked at me.. follow me sir, and led me to a big old drawer full of bras with cups a grown man could wear as a beanie. Here's the expensive bra's woman buy for themselves. I got a black and beige one.

Fock I lost the Alex and Ani bullshit jewelry and can't find it.