Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Indianapolis at Tennessee: In-Game Discussion

Inactives:

Colts: RB Matt Jones, QB Andrew Luck, DB Quincy Wilson, LB Anthony Walker, LB Tarell Basham, OG Isaiah Williams, and TE Henry Krieger-Coble

Titans: DT Sylvester Williams, WR Corey Davis, WR Darius Jennings, SS Johnathan Cyprien, CB Kalan Reed, OG Corey Levin, and OLB Kevin Dodd

Marcus Mariota is expected to start...

This is a game where ESPN has to be thankful for fantasy football. It's a bad game between two bad teams.

Lord knows that's only reason I'm watching; Mariotta and Hilton going for me.

Good thing opponent already done and I was already 20 to start.

Even fantasy does nothing to make this game good enough to watch

Just when you thought NYG at Denver was bad football.....the NFL gives you Indy at Tennessee!

:sleep:

Had succop, dropped him for Bryant. Shame on me who knows Ryan is worthless this year, thinking he would be a better play.

I'm not watching and about to call it a night. What happened to Mack? He had a 4 and an 18 yard run and nothing else? Did the Colt coaches decide that was just too successful and they had to nip that in the bud?

Hilton's not injured and has had 4 targets but Doyle and Moncrief have been more of a factor in tonight's passing game.

Mack flat out dropped a target. I did see him in the backfield for a few plays in "early" red zone terrtitory but Gore took over when it got close. But his presence has been on the downtick compared to last week's game.

On the plus side, Eric Decker has finally flashed with a pretty fine Adam Thielen impersonation....but it comes on the eve of the return of Corey Davis.

Naturally, Mack has been almost invisible since breaking off the 22-yard run in the 1st quarter. Don't you think the Colts could use a big play about right now?

Pagano is saving him for the next coach.

Pagano is saving him for the next coach.

Obviously :rolleyes: I'm glad I didn't have start him anywhere.

After last week's game, Pagano said: "I think it would be wise to get Mack the ball more often."

Next game: two carries, 18 yards

Thank God the Colts didn't need any big plays tonight. (What's that? They did?)

Every year, I am reminded that a lot of coaches are far from the smart men I thought they were when I was a young boy. (EDIT: I realize coordinators deserve more of the blame here than the head coach. A HC may be listening on the headset, but he's not going to overrule his OC on every other play call/formation he sends in. In tonight's case, I doubt Pagano had any idea during the game Mack played about ~15 snaps.)

Fantasy tales of woe:

I basically needed Murray to NOT score a touchdown. Naturally, he scores on his last carry and does not see the field thereafter.

In another league, I needed Vinatieri to do no more than hit three field goals, so the last one got me :doh:

Every year, I am reminded a lot of how coaches are far from the smart men I thought they were when I was a young boy.

There is one coach from the past I'd like to salute. Just this weekend I was marveling at the good, tight ship that Tom Landry ran for so long. I can't really think of anybody comparable today.

There is one coach from the past I'd like to salute. Just this weekend I was marveling at the good, tight ship that Tom Landry ran for so long. I can't really think of anybody comparable today.

No disagreement here on Landry.

Obviously :rolleyes: I'm glad I didn't have start him anywhere.

After last week's game, Pagano said: "I think it would be wise to get Mack the ball more often."

Next game: two carries, 18 yards

Thank God the Colts didn't need any big plays tonight. (What's that? They did?)

Every year, I am reminded that a lot of coaches are far from the smart men I thought they were when I was a young boy. (EDIT: I realize coordinators deserve more of the blame here than the head coach. A HC may be listening on the headset, but he's not going to overrule his OC on every other play call/formation he sends in. In tonight's case, I doubt Pagano had any idea during the game Mack played about ~15 snaps.)

There are very few talented head coaches in the league. There's Belichick, Arians and umm, hmm I think that's it. That said, I'm sure Gore's stature and Mack still being a little raw plays a large role in this particular case.

Coaches: Bill Parcells, Bill Walsh, Mike Holmgren, Chuck Noll, and maybe Tom Coughlin also come to mind.

There are very few talented head coaches in the league. There's Belichick, Arians and umm, hmm I think that's it. That said, I'm sure Gore's stature and Mack still being a little raw plays a large role in this particular case.

Arians? Not a good of coach. He plays favorites and doesn't hold himself or his assistants accountable. That's why when his team struggles, they rarely make any improvements. His offensive system requires a very specific set of players and when he doesn't have those players, he won't adjust to fit his team.