Sign in to follow this  
Patriotsfatboy1

Uber self-driving car kills pedestrian

So....the "safety driver" didn't see the pedestrian? Isn't that why they're there?

Yeah, something's not working there...

It's more fun to take it right out of his ass and put it straight in to your Mom's mouth.

So you enjoy focking Sux in the ass?

So jaywalking is a death sentence now?

Some of you people are dumber than hell.

Not the first time, but 3 strikes....

Deadly vehicles are whizzing around on certain sections of ground (roads). We have designated areas (crosswalks) designed for people to safely traverse them. Neglecting those areas can raise chances of being struck by these deadly vehicles. Same thing as wandering into the line of fire at a gun range, its not where you are supposed to be and chances of injury are raised if you go there.

Its not a sentence, but chances of injury go up and this time the dice came up snake eyes for her.

I am talking about people who cross the road and take their time while assuming if they happen to get in the way of a car, it's the cars fault

The reason you shouldn’t jay walk is because it can be dangerous and result in death. This is common knowledge!

Tempe. Jaywalker. Either drunk college kid or illegal.

Or...........49-year old mother of 2, White.

Bicycleist, breaking the rules of the road.

The operator of a self-driving Uber vehicle that struck and killed a pedestrian in suburban Phoenix Monday was a convicted felon who served almost four years in prison on an attempted armed robbery charge, according to court records.

The operator of a self-driving Uber vehicle that struck and killed a pedestrian in suburban Phoenix Monday was a convicted felon who served almost four years in prison on an attempted armed robbery charge, according to court records.

So, the car already had a rap-sheet? Amazing. :shocking:

And has had no run in with the law since. What's your point? :dunno:

Also, from everything I've been reading / listening to, this was 100% on the jaywalker, not the vehicle :dunno:

Also, from everything I've been reading / listening to, this was 100% on the jaywalker, not the vehicle :dunno:

I'm trying to understand how this can be the case. A self driving car should see pretty much everything around it for a pretty good distance. Even if jaywalker tried to run straight at it I'd expect the car to at least slow down enough not to kill the person.

I'm trying to understand how this can be the case. A self driving car should see pretty much everything around it for a pretty good distance. Even if jaywalker tried to run straight at it I'd expect the car to at least slow down enough not to kill the person.

Have you seen this uber? :shocking:

Human drivers avoid killing jaywalkers all the time :doh:

Yeah, I mean I see the Nissan Rogue commercials all the time where the car stops itself before it hits people. Maybe the Uber car was a Subaru. :dunno:

Yeah, I mean I see the Nissan Rogue commercials all the time where the car stops itself before it hits people. Maybe the Uber car was a Subaru. :dunno:

Uber is cheap. They bought a bunch of old Yugos.

Yeah, but those Nissan Rogue's have the power of The Force. Completely different technology.

Human drivers avoid killing jaywalkers all the time :doh:

And sometimes they don't

• In 2006, 1,768 pedestrians died on a road or at an intersection where a crosswalk was not provided.

• That same year, another 1,451 pedestrians were killed on roads where there was a crosswalk, but it was not being used or utilized correctly.

• More than 500 pedestrians died while using a crosswalk in 2006.

• All in all, there were more than 4,700 pedestrian deaths on U.S. roads that year.

• Like 1

Did anyone give the car a breathalyzer?

They did, must have had a lot to drink cuz his breath smelled like gasoline.

And sometimes they don't

Yeah so the question here is, had a human driver been behind the wheel would the result likely have been different? I gotta think yes unless the pedestrian dived out in front or something. Now maybe a human driver couldve been drunk or distracted but Im not sure how you factor that into the equation

Obviously there is plenty of video from inside the car. The car was driving the speed limit, the jaywalker apparently stepped out of a dark area and was hit immediately. Not sure how that could have been avoided.

Yeah so the question here is, had a human driver been behind the wheel would the result likely have been different? I gotta think yes unless the pedestrian dived out in front or something. Now maybe a human driver couldve been drunk or distracted but Im not sure how you factor that into the equation

Hey, I'd much rather have an alert person behind the wheel then a "self driving" car.

I'm not for the autonomous driving cars at all. It just seems in this case (so far) that the vehicle wasn't at fault :dunno:

Hey, I'd much rather have an alert person behind the wheel then a "self driving" car.

I'm not for the autonomous driving cars at all. It just seems in this case (so far) that the vehicle wasn't at fault :dunno:

If traffic laws are obeyed, does not avoiding a jaywalker put someone at fault?

I'm on the other side of the fence. I can't wait for autonomous cars to mature. I already use Lyft with regularity. My only concern is that they will drive slower than I like to drive. But regarding incidents such as this, as the algorithms and technology improve autonomous vehicles will also improve at avoiding this type of thing.

If traffic laws are obeyed, does not avoiding a jaywalker put someone at fault?

Not too sure what you're getting at. Put it in keers light drunk verbage, please :)

I'm on the other side of the fence. I can't wait for autonomous cars to mature. I already use Lyft with regularity. My only concern is that they will drive slower than I like to drive. But regarding incidents such as this, as the algorithms and technology improve autonomous vehicles will also improve at avoiding this type of thing.

Fock you. :mad:

It's hard enough (and incredibly expensive) for me to keep up with all the special "tools" needed to properly diagnose the issues with the 2010-2017 cars on the road right now.

20+ different modules that talk to each other on a CAN line and are all intertwined often times haphazardly by some retard who has never physically attempted to back probe one of these modules to get a reading after his suck ass design of placement in said vehicle?

Granted, it's mostly German car engineers that do this to us. There is a reason that VW, Audi, BMW, Mini Coopers (also bmw's) and Mercedes have horrible resale values.

One may like the ergonomics, but overall, the product is junk for the long term.

I hate driving, Sign me up for a driver-less car. With everyone texting and driving anyhow it will still be safer. I can take my nap and answer emails.

• Like 1

With everyone texting and driving anyhow it will still be safer.

This, unfortunately, is a valid statement. :(

• Like 1

Fock you. :mad:

It's hard enough (and incredibly expensive) for me to keep up with all the special "tools" needed to properly diagnose the issues with the 2010-2017 cars on the road right now.

20+ different modules that talk to each other on a CAN line and are all intertwined often times haphazardly by some retard who has never physically attempted to back probe one of these modules to get a reading after his suck ass design of placement in said vehicle?

Granted, it's mostly German car engineers that do this to us. There is a reason that VW, Audi, BMW, Mini Coopers (also bmw's) and Mercedes have horrible resale values.

One may like the ergonomics, but overall, the product is junk for the long term.

This is a major growth area for my business, thanks for supporting it. :thumbsup:

Also, BMWs have horrible resale value? :dunno:

This is a major growth area for my business, thanks for supporting it. :thumbsup:

Also, BMWs have horrible resale value? :dunno:

1: FU :mad:

2: Look it up :dunno:

I hate driving, Sign me up for a driver-less car. With everyone texting and driving anyhow it will still be safer. I can take my nap and answer emails.

I can't wait, I just imagine how much more I can post on FFToday, on my hr -hr/30 commutes every day

• Like 1

I have said for a long time that movies like Demolition Man we're way ahead of their time and were fantastic predictors of things to come. Here we go again.

3 seashells by 2020

Think about jaywalking. 2 steps perpendicular to the vehicle and bam!

Saw the video. No way a human could have stopped in time. She appears right in front of the car. Who walks their bike across the street in pitch black outside of a crosswalk.

Saw the video. No way a human could have stopped in time. She appears right in front of the car. Who walks their bike across the street in pitch black outside of a crosswalk.

In China the common scam is to leap in front of a car to get hit and get insurance payoff. Many idiots die attempting this and even kids who have their mothers put them up to it. There are videos where they make pathetic attempts and blatantly lay down in car paths only to have them stop.