Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Conservatives smashing Keurig coffee makers

Keurig's decision to pull its advertising from Sean Hannity's Fox News show is not going over well with some viewers.

Social-media users on Sunday posted videos of themselves smashing their Keurig coffee makers, two days after the company said it would no longer advertise during Hannity's show.

Keurig and other companies faced pressure to pull their ads following Hannity's interview with Roy Moore, the Senate candidate in Alabama who is facing allegations he engaged in sexual misconduct with a 14-year-old girl and pursued several teenagers while he was in his 30s.

Critics of the interview said Hannity went too easy on Moore. By Saturday, several companies — including Keurig, 23andMe, and E-Trade — announced they would pull their ads.

Supporters of Hannity lashed out at Keurig on social media through the hashtag #BoycottKeurig. A few went as far as to record themselves destroying their coffee makers.

http://www.businessinsider.com/keurig-boycott-coffee-machine-smashing-videos-2017-11

Lots of videos of Republicans totally sending a message to Keurig by voluntarily destroying their own coffee makers and posting the videos to Twitter etc.

:bandana:

Buncha dummies. Everybody knows you're supposed to destroy other people's sh!t when you throw a tantrum.

• Like 2

Once again, very stupid for a company to declare political beliefs in this manner.

Just walk away...just walk away.

Buncha dummies. Everybody knows you're supposed to destroy other people's sh!t when you throw a tantrum.

:Mr-T:

Jesus H. Christ

People are focking nuts.

What is going on in this focking world :wall:

I have one. They aren't that good, but do the trick. Probably wont replace this one when it goes.

Jesus H. Christ

People are focking nuts.

What is going on in this focking world :wall:

Too many lawyers. Now we have warning labels on everything. As a result the stupid are living longer and breeding at an enormous rate.

• Like 2

So, it is okay for lawmakers to voice their displeasure by using their wallets, but not okay for Keurig? I don't get it.

Not sure your point here. Lawmakers are elected based upon their (claimed) ideology. I don't buy a Keurig (I have two) because of their politics. I could suspect it, but it won't flavor my buying decisions.

Until and unless they attempt to rub my nose in it with stupid political proclamations. That doesn't mean that I'm going to smash my Keurig, though - but it does mean that I'll avoid buying Keurig K-cups or any branded Keurig coffee or filters from now on.

We have a company in my neck of the woods who has done even worse: Penzey's Spices. That guy - Bill Penzey is a rabid progressive, and uses his catalog to rub his client's noses in his inflammatory and hard left politics. It is a testament to conservatives in general to note that he hasn't lost ALL of them as clients. His products are exceptionally good.

His wife - Jeri - grew up next door to my wife's family. She attended my wedding. She, apparently, is a sweetie. He, though, can't shut up and leave politics out of business. He's her second husband, and he's gone hardcore left ever since.

And neither my wife nor I will ever buy his products. There's no need to support that stupidity.

I have one and won't destroy something I paid for. I'll continue using the K-Cups as well but think it's pretty stupid for them to have dropped advertising.

That being said maybe I'll tell them it broke and get a free one as a way of sticking it to them.

They're loving this, kuerig gets free advertising and gets to save the money.

I have no doubt they think it's the right move.

Pennywise; pound foolish.

Just like pretty much every liberal policy ever.

They agree with you, probably why they are no longer paying for advertising on a political show. I wish more companies would follow suit and pull advertising from political shows on both sides of the aisle.

That's a good idea. If the advertising went elsewhere there would be less of these talking heads on both sides and possibly the noise would get turned down.

Not sure your point here. Lawmakers are elected based upon their (claimed) ideology. I don't buy a Keurig (I have two) because of their politics. I could suspect it, but it won't flavor my buying decisions.

Until and unless they attempt to rub my nose in it with stupid political proclamations. That doesn't mean that I'm going to smash my Keurig, though - but it does mean that I'll avoid buying Keurig K-cups or any branded Keurig coffee or filters from now on.

We have a company in my neck of the woods who has done even worse: Penzey's Spices. That guy - Bill Penzey is a rabid progressive, and uses his catalog to rub his client's noses in his inflammatory and hard left politics. It is a testament to conservatives in general to note that he hasn't lost ALL of them as clients. His products are exceptionally good.

His wife - Jeri - grew up next door to my wife's family. She attended my wedding. She, apparently, is a sweetie. He, though, can't shut up and leave politics out of business. He's her second husband, and he's gone hardcore left ever since.

And neither my wife nor I will ever buy his products. There's no need to support that stupidity.

Keurig said that they will no longer advertise with Hannity. They decided where they would spend their money. Just like you.

Keurig said that they will no longer advertise with Hannity. They decided where they would spend their money. Just like you.

Couldn't they just do it without making a statement?

They agree with you, probably why they are no longer paying for advertising on a political show. I wish more companies would follow suit and pull advertising from political shows on both sides of the aisle.

:doh:

They don't agree with me, and neither do you. I believe that advertising should not be a political decision. It shouldn't be seen as an endorsement of a political position, unless the product or service itself is a political product or service. Leftists have made it so. This is the manifestation of identity politics, and it's destructive to civility.

But you and people like you and the execs at Keurig want to further polarize society and judge even further that certain things are intolerable.

I would advertise a product that I want to reach an audience. If Keurig wants to automatically eliminate a major segment of its potential client base, they are free to do so.

That doesn't mean that it isn't stupid. Gotcha politics has to go.

"I disagree with what you say, but defend your right to say it" is quite hollow a sentiment if - at one moment - you were benefitting from reaching Hannity's audience, and - in the next moment - deciding that you would rather place identity politics ahead of someone's right to say something. They're not defending anything but that with which they agree.

And that sorta shoots that axiom about defending free speech right in the head, doesn't it?

Keurig's decision will not harm Hannity, just as several advertiser's decisions to abandon Limbaugh's show didn't harm Limbaugh. All it did was galvanize his support, and lose each of them a portion of their clientele.

This is stupid of them, and there is no other way to spin it. They have chosen sides, and angered far more people against choosing their product than gained loyalty in others.

I still don't get your point. I don't depend upon Keurig coffee makers. Keurig depends upon me to buy them, and the competence of their BOD hinges upon their success in doing so.

Couldn't they just do it without making a statement?

Absolutely. However, it may be that this is less about politics and more about a "news" organization not asking enough questions to a potential diddler.

Interesting idea. Years ago, the press used to maintain some level of objectivity and stick to the facts. Now it's all just a constant barrage of editorials.

What would it take to create and maintain a truly viable, independent news medium?

If advertisers hold sway over the medium, it can never be completely objective.

:doh:

They don't agree with me, and neither do you. I believe that advertising should not be a political decision. It shouldn't be seen as an endorsement of a political position, unless the product or service itself is a political product or service. Leftists have made it so. This is the manifestation of identity politics, and it's destructive to civility.

Exactly, they should quit endorsing the political shows on both sides, get out of politics completely.

But you and people like you and the execs at Keurig want to further polarize society and judge even further that certain things are intolerable.

I want to reduce the polarization of america, and part of that is to reduce funding to the talking heads on both sides of the aisle.

If Keurig started advertising on Hannity again, do you think all the people who smashed their coffee makers would buy a new one? Might be a good business strategy.

Exactly, they should quit endorsing the political shows on both sides, get out of politics completely.

No. They should stop perceiving their decision to advertise anywhere as an endorsement of the content itself.

I want to reduce the polarization of america, and part of that is to reduce funding to the talking heads on both sides of the aisle.

No. Part of that is simply being more tolerant of other's opinions, and stop seeing a choice to advertise on a show as reaching people of an ideology, and instead seeing it as reaching people with wallets.

Absolutely. However, it may be that this is less about politics and more about a "news" organization not asking enough questions to a potential diddler.

Didn't watch it, but from what I understand Hannitty said to wait for all the facts. If that's the case, what's the problem? He didn't excuse the allegations, did he?

I don't watch Hanity and I don't drink coffee. Sounds like I am the winner here.

If anyone wants to smash one but doesn't want to give money to Keurig, I'll sell you mine for only $500.

Interesting idea. Years ago, the press used to maintain some level of objectivity and stick to the facts. Now it's all just a constant barrage of editorials.

There was objectivity in reporting and news, and editorialism was restrained to pundits explaining that they were pundits, and expressing personal opinion - and you could find equal amounts of that on both political sides of the aisle.

Now, we have news mediums who have ceased to be anything but propaganda; hiding and posturing as news while simply editorializing. NYT has been caught explaining that; several stories from several liberals who have outed themselves in so doing have expressed exactly that: they have decided that their version of 'right' is "the news", and everything else which opposes their version is "the enemy", and not to be accorded fair treatment at all.

What would it take to create and maintain a truly viable, independent news medium?

If advertisers hold sway over the medium, it can never be completely objective.

It isn't advertisers doing this. It is liberals in the field, and the subsequent barrier to entry liberals themselves have created.

Just like in Hollywood. There is a three part expose on how Hollywood became leftist, and it is nearly exactly how it happened in journalism; in education; in Government.

Not turn to some reason or logic here, but I don't think keurig was making a political statement as much as they were trying to get ahead of an inevitable and upcoming boycott.