Sign in to follow this  
mobb_deep

Potential Scheduling Issue (Vote Inside)

Bye week?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which week to have double header?

• Week 1
    • Week 13
    • Ratsass

Hey peeps. I was just looking at the NFL schedule and noticed byes stretch all the way into week 13 this year. In the past, we always did our double header on week 13, because byes were over, and it also made that last week of our regular season really exciting.

Without taking into equation who is on bye week 13, I wanted to get a consensus on if we should keep the double header on week 13, or maybe move it to week 1?

I figure every team will be healthy that first week, and no one will be on bye, so that might be the best move?

Please vote!

I applaud you for catching this. Ed wouldn't have noticed until week 13, and only then if his QB was on a bye.

Week 1 is best.

I applaud you for catching this. Ed wouldn't have noticed until week 13, and only then if his QB was on a bye.

Week 1 is best.

Thanks lil' buddy. :wub:

Nice catch. I agree with the change to week 1 for the double header.

Always best to be able to start out 0-2 after one week.

There are no byes in week 12. Is that a better choice than week #1?

Week 1 is best.

who is this Ed person you keep talking about?

Wait. Is a double header against 2 different teams allowing the ability to go 1-1 or is it two games against the same opponent.??

Wait. Is a double header against 2 different teams allowing the ability to go 1-1 or is it two games against the same opponent.??

:doh:

:doh:

Well double header suggests two games against 1 opponent in which case I call bullshit that intake over the worst team in the league and get to start 0-2 against the defending champ

Well double header suggests two games against 1 opponent in which case I call bullshit that intake over the worst team in the league and get to start 0-2 against the defending champ

Your team is far from the worst in the league.

Plus think about it, wouldn't the same team win both games every double header?

I've always felt Mobb needed to allow us to enter separate lineups for each game of the double header, thus preventing this problem.

In fact, we should be required to start two completely different lineups.

Your team is far from the worst in the league.

my team may not be the worst NOW but it was by far the worst when I took it over. That was before you joined.

Plus think about it, wouldn't the same team win both games every double header?

not at all

most leagues that do double headers that i've ever been a part of do it so that you're playing 2 different opponents that week. Making it possible to go 2-0, 0-2 or 1-1. If my double header week was versus you and edjr, you might beat me and i might beat edjr.

the only purpose of a double header week is to make sure every team plays each other once and division rivals twice.

just seems lame to me that you would be awarded two wins or two losses against a division rival team based on 1 outcome.... so im really hoping this is not the case.

my team may not be the worst NOW but it was by far the worst when I took it over. That was before you joined.

not at all

most leagues that do double headers that i've ever been a part of do it so that you're playing 2 different opponents that week. Making it possible to go 2-0, 0-2 or 1-1. If my double header week was versus you and edjr, you might beat me and i might beat edjr.

the only purpose of a double header week is to make sure every team plays each other once and division rivals twice.

just seems lame to me that you would be awarded two wins or two losses against a division rival team based on 1 outcome.... so im really hoping this is not the case.

Homie, that's what I'm saying. It's illogical to play the same team twice in one week because the same team would win both games. I have never even heard of a league doing that. Double header is just an easy way of saying play against two separate opponents.

thank you. mobb.

Homie, that's what I'm saying. It's illogical to play the same team twice in one week because the same team would win both games. I have never even heard of a league doing that. Double header is just an easy way of saying play against two separate opponents.

oh i agree i was just getting the vibe that it wasnt.

I think we should be playing the same team in both games. It makes sense for a variety of reasons, including being innovative.

You play two different teams on the double header. I'm leaving it week 1. HTH.

Why no love for week 12? It seems like it would make it a little more meaningful. I realize that they all count one, but....

Why no love for week 12? It seems like it would make it a little more meaningful. I realize that they all count one, but....

Because sometimes people put in a position to make decisions, make those decisions, and the people who don't want to make decisions accept that.

11 votes :o

a record

I vote for week 12

11 votes :o

a record

12 votes now, shitstain.

I vote for week 12 now also, even though my vote indicates week 13.

REVOLT

DAMN THE MAN !@#

12 votes now, shitstain.

I vote for week 12 now also, even though my vote indicates week 13.

REVOLT

DAMN THE MAN !@#

I still haven't voted. Therefore, something fishy is going on. And it smells like fish

I still haven't voted. Therefore, something fishy is going on. And it smells like fish

Mudshark :ninja:

I voted Rats, but in all honesty I think week 12 is much better than week 1.

The players are in stride, systems are bought in to. New coaches are at potential. We know if people suck. Rookies know wtf they are doing.

I voted Rats, but in all honesty I think week 12 is much better than week 1.

The players are in stride, systems are bought in to. New coaches are at potential. We know if people suck. Rookies know wtf they are doing.

A few rosters will all be on IR...

I vote week 12

• Like 1

Because sometimes people put in a position to make decisions, make those decisions, and the people who don't want to make decisions accept that.

I respect that you want to captain this trainwreck, I just think you made a decision based on incomplete information.

Voted week 13, assuming it means week 12... :lol:

I respect that you want to captain this trainwreck, I just think you made a decision based on incomplete information.

Voted week 13, assuming it means week 12... :lol:

I did the same, bringing it to 6 votes to 6. Because I like chaos. And because I said week 1 earlier when I was not aware week 12 didn't have byes.

1 or 12 works for me since neither have a bye week. Week 13 should not even be in the discussion.

i apologize for the silly question regarding what the double header meant. I am fully aware from other leagues that double headers in FF are against 2 different teams but the responses and chatter in this thread for some reason led me to believe it would be a double header against a singular opponent.

maybe because the league has a reputation of anarchy. :dunno:

You guys weren't aware of anything. Now all of a sudden you're so concerned with the schedule. I think it's cute and all, but we already voted and I like week 1, because no one will be injured. So it's going to be week 1 this year. We can look into week 12 next year.