Sign in to follow this  
titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

Spermoff: most overrated player in NFL history

Yeah better shot at leaving yourself 3rd and 2. Seeing how he averaged 4.2 ypc and all. Barry probably a better shot at picking it up in 2, ya know with his 5.0 ypc.

Dats how the maffs works out neway

Average? Let me teach you about average. If Barry ran the ball 10 times and got no yards on 9 of his carries and 80 on the tenth he would average 8 yards per carry. Hows that average working out for you now? Math, it's funny sometimes like that. Stats are like a bikini. They show a lot, but they don't show everything.

Average? Let me teach you about average. If Barry ran the ball 10 times and got no yards on 9 of his carries and 80 on the tenth he would average 8 yards per carry. Hows that average working out for you now? Math, it's funny sometimes like that. Stats are like a bikini. They show a lot, but they don't show everything.

You can’t just toss away average like that to suit your narrative. If it’s one season? Yes. But Barry’s avg isnt some skewed stat he cheated with a few long runs. He has 9 years of carry’s to build that average, so don’t scrutinize how he got it. I agree stats dont tell the whole story but the longer the career, the more the stats and averages tell.

I actually like Listen2me point about 3rd and 2 vs 3rd and 7. They are different players and different styles of running. I’m not a fan of downplaying Emmitts skills because of the line. I also used my eyes and could see Barry was an otherworldly talent, as did everyone else. You can divide most rooms debating Emmitt, whereas with Barry you rarely get anything but unanimous praise. That speaks volumes to me.

It was a joke...

Sort of.

I hope all watch Emmitt's Football Life - he was the epitome of a "football player". Toughest sob I ever saw who had balance, center of gravity and toughness like I've never seen. An incredible pass catcher and phenomenal blocker too, always on the field when the game mattered.

For those with time, go back and look at what his replacements did while he was out... There's a reason Jerry caved and paid him after they started 0-2 that season. A season they went on to win the SB.

Anyone watch it? Pretty good doc.

Yes I did. It was pretty good.

Great quote by Barry Sanders on Emmitt (paraphrasing):

"On paper, he looked like a normal back. Then you put a football in his hands, he became magical."

• Like 1

Great quote by Barry Sanders on Emmitt (paraphrasing):

"On paper, he looked like a normal back. Then you put a football in his hands, he became magical."

Magical = got first downs when it mattered

Id take Emmitt over Barry any day.

Magical = got first downs when it mattered

Id take Emmitt over Barry any day.

Hypothetical. Would you choose Barry Sanders with the Cowboys o-line or Emmitt Smith with the Lions o-line?

I respect both. I'd take Barry behind the Boys' line every time.

• Like 1

Hypothetical. Would you choose Barry Sanders with the Cowboys o-line or Emmitt Smith with the Lions o-line?

I respect both. I'd take Barry behind the Boys' line every time.

2500yds minimum.