Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Trump criticizes NFL players protesting

I don't think it will media sensationalism tomorrow when they lead with this as it is definitely a story. I was a bit surprised Trump said what he said, not a big bit, he is Trump afterall, but I agree with his sentiment as does a large part of this country. I think an athlete at that level definitely has a platform and a right to express dissatisfaction with the police or the country at large but I disagree with using gameday on television during the National Anthem as a time to protest. In my opinion you are at work representing your organization and the fans. Protest on your own time.

I think its sad that people would agree with the sentiment of being fired and called a son of a by the president b cause of 2 minutes of peaceful protest.

And lets not say its part of his job and so on...standing up for the anthem...which the MFL has stated is not required...is not part of their job.

Of course it will. Just to be against Trump. Same reason why some liberals are now siding with terrorists, cop killers and even Jim Jong Un.

If Trump said "People that kill babies are trash and should be shot in the back of the head and tossed faced down in the garbage pit", you'd have many, many, many liberals that would begin to support the killing of babies, because they are just so so bitter that he won the election, there is no way they will take a stance on the same side as Trump. All because the libs are just plain 'ol MAD MAD MAD!!!

On a side not, thinking of mad liberal, makes me laugh. Glow stick in one hand, Katy Perry CD in the other, while gritting their teething and hopping up and down.

Nobody is siding with KJU, or cop killers, or terrorists.

If we gave you a choice between Trump and those 3...............we know who you'd pick.

If you think I wouldnt choose Trump against them...youre an idiot.

That the bar is that low to compare him to that type of scum is telling.

If you think I wouldnt choose Trump against them...youre an idiot.

That the bar is that low to compare him to that type of scum is telling.

You should know; you're one of the Never Trumpers that put the bar there by criticizing EVERYTHING he's done.

I think the NFL is being drug into a perilous situation that if not treated correctly could lose them mass amounts of paying fans. Again. A small minority group is steering the conversation and soon the NFL is going to find our how much money they make off white people.

• Like 1

I don't remember that; when did it change and why? :dunno:

The NFL got money from the Government to show support for America. Sounds dumb but true story.

Maybe since you claim Filthy nailed it...yiu can answer.

Do you think Kaep doesnt have a job solely because it f his lack of talent? Yes i do.

You see...Filthy wanted to try and nail me down to a position...I gave mine...but he doesnt seem willing to do the same.

Typical of you right wing honks.

I think the NFL is being drug into a perilous situation that if not treated correctly could lose them mass amounts of paying fans. Again. A small minority group is steering the conversation and soon the NFL is going to find our how much money they make off white people.

Kind of like Confederate Monuments, gender bending restrooms, etc..........

In the liberals' mind, diversity doesn't include white males. They don't realize those same groups they claim to champion don't accept any of them either.

This kind of goes back to Wiff's post (#40). Goodell is just playing the game...saying what certain people want to hear. I would love to know what his opinion really is.

Goodell is a senators son. Grew up in privilege, his only job has been the NFL. Out of touch elitist. And under his watch the league has soared to new heights financially. Everything else has been diminished. He will also be there when the money starts going the other way. It has already started. The Europeans and Chinese have no interest, and he's pissing off his present customers.

And, here's the core of the issue. It's why fans are so turned off. It's not because the fans are hardcore Patriots or some other b*******. It's because God damn near every human being who's ever held a real job has had to get along to go along. Amount of s*** that I faked or swallowed or done that I found absolutely ridiculous is insane. Like most of us. Like my father. Like his father before him. Like virtually anybody's father or mother who's ever relied on a paycheck to feed his family.

Unfortunately, the reality is, that 99% of these fockers have never held a legitimate job in their life. They don't understand much less have ever heard the concept of getting along to go along. How many times have we heard a player start whining and bitching cuz he was disrespected by his coaches. Insert black voice. Because he was expected to follow the f****** rules?

It just shows a huge disconnect between the players and their fans. And I honestly I believe that's why most fans find the whole thing distasteful.

No other time in history have players have more platforms from whence to voice their opinions and their protests. 15 different kinds of social media, blogs, vlogs, you name it. This isn't like the 70s where these guys had one shot at being on camera once in their life.

Suck it up Nancy. And for three hours one day a week for about 4 months out of the Year grow up follow the rules and do your f****** job. And guess what? You might still have a f****** job.

Troof

Maybe since you claim Filthy nailed it...yiu can answer.

Do you think Kaep doesnt have a job solely because it f his lack of talent? Yes i do.

You see...Filthy wanted to try and nail me down to a position...I gave mine...but he doesnt seem willing to do the same.

Typical of you right wing honks.

You seriously think he isnt better even as a backup to some of the crap that is in the league?

Kind of like Confederate Monuments, gender bending restrooms, etc..........

In the liberals' mind, diversity doesn't include white males. They don't realize those same groups they claim to champion don't accept any of them either.

Does t include white males? WTF are you talking about?

You seriously think he isnt better even as a backup to some of the crap that is in the league?

At this point, to bring in a new QB to a program would be horrible for a team. The adjustment of learning everything and getting in sync with the other players and their timing. My Vikings are a perfect example. While Kaeperdick might be a better athlete than our starting back-up QB, our QB has a better chance of winning due to familiarity.

At this point, to bring in a new QB to a program would be horrible for a team. The adjustment of learning everything and getting in sync with the other players and their timing. My Vikings are a perfect example. While Kaeperdick might be a better athlete than our starting back-up QB, our QB has a better chance of winning due to familiarity.

At this point in the year...yes. This has been going in longer than that...all offseason teams could have done so.

Heus at least as good as probably half the backups and better than most as a backup. Borderline starter talent wise.

He doesnt have a job because of the circus and his talent is not enough to mitigate that.

You haven't been paying attention these last several years, have you?

SureI have...and your statement is utterly ridiculous crap...and not surprising from you at all.

Yeah, the story about are military having to pay billionaire owners extra money so they could have these feel-good moments where Sergeant Jones comes in from war and surprises his daughter on the field got about 5 minutes of coverage.

THAT my friends is the true America.

At this point in the year...yes. This has been going in longer than that...all offseason teams could have done so.

Heus at least as good as probably half the backups and better than most as a backup. Borderline starter talent wise.

He doesnt have a job because of the circus and his talent is not enough to mitigate that.

It's the same vetting mentality that goes into whether a person gets drafted: " Can they fit our program". I would say he doesn't fit their program.

It's the same vetting mentality that goes into whether a person gets drafted: " Can they fit our program". I would say he doesn't fit their program.

Have you seen his hair recently? I think it's more like he can't even fit their helmets.

Part of the program is not affecting viewership/attendance.

Akin to employees that take to social media to use their Freedom of Speech. Then their employer sees what they posted and decides that person shouldn't be a part of their company.

The media always leaned left and progressive as they tend to be, they wanted to diversify. They chose with little discretion and opened the door to screeching radical agenda driven black activists who then took over and they couldn't shut the door anymore. Same thing at universities. The highminded liberal elites that use to run the schools wilted and headed for the hills when BLM arrived with their demands. Then "Oscars so white" and down goes Hollywood.

I don't mean to single out BLM. The feminists had long been there first, the gay showed up about the same time, the same thing over and over again. They whine about anthills, make them mountains and focking infest everything.

So now the've gotten the left leaning entertainment industry to bend, they're going after the right and they should have problems but Goodell is a focking turd.

Maybe that sh*it makes perfect sense to people that grew up with adults that were drugged out draft dodging hippies, but not for focking me. Macomb County is/was heavily Catholic, unprivileged white, blue collar union, lots of dads were Vietnam Vets, or grandparents WWII. The people who built America and got screwed by the liberal coastal elites. Fock all of them.

• Like 2

The media always leaned left and progressive as they tend to be, they wanted to diversify. They chose with little discretion and opened the door to screeching radical agenda driven black activists who then took over and they couldn't shut the door anymore. Same thing at universities. The highminded liberal elites that use to run the schools wilted and headed for the hills when BLM arrived with their demands. Then "Oscars so white" and down goes Hollywood.

I don't mean to single out BLM. The feminists had long been there first, the gay showed up about the same time, the same thing over and over again. They whine about anthills, make them mountains and focking infest everything.

So now the've gotten the left leaning entertainment industry to bend, they're going after the right and they should have problems but Goodell is a focking turd.

Maybe that sh*it makes perfect sense to people that grew up with adults that were drugged out draft dodging hippies, but not for focking me. Macomb County is/was heavily Catholic, unprivileged white, blue collar union, lots of dads were Vietnam Vets, or grandparents WWII. The people who built America and got screwed by the liberal coastal elites. Fock all of them.

Outfockingstanding read. Well done sir.

ESPN too.

So when this clown doesn't get an analyst job with a network, will people still think he's being blackballed or just accept that he doesn't have the skill set for that gig either?

He WILL get a gig in that realm. That is a guarantee.

This kind of goes back to Wiff's post (#40). Goodell is just playing the game...saying what certain people want to hear. I would love to know what his opinion really is.

Here is a tip. Everyone in this discussion is telling people what they want to hear.

BETESPN?

The Spirit of Truth will let him use his cameraman and youtube channel.

Man, if only there was some sort of job where one could, I don't know, organize the community or something like that.

• Like 1

Man, if only there was some sort of job where one could, I don't know, organize the community or something like that.

Right?!

They need some boots on the ground in Chicago, New Orleans, Philly, etc.......

i wish the president would've been this fired up about the nazis protesting.

• Like 1

i wish the president would've been this fired up about the nazis protesting.

All 20 of them?

Drumpf find any time to work on his magnificent healthcare plan today?

DRumof find any time to work on his magnificent healthcare plan today?

Obamacare not working out for you?

I will give Donald this: He managed to unite NFL fans, owners and the players association in calling him out as the clown he is. If only he could use his Midas touch on something important. :(

I will give Donald this: He managed to unite NFL fans, owners and the players association in calling him out as the clown he is. If only he could use his Midas touch on something important. :(

What's your 401k looking like?

Fans? They don't sound very united. You don't know a lot of stuff.

The best part is watching all the Trumpflakes pivot from complaining about politics in their foosball to defending their orange messiah. Sad!

• Like 2