cbfalcon

New Music I can't stop listening to - PART 2

I've been wanting to post some music over the last few months, but the last thread is almost 3 years old and needs to be refreshed.

I have a lot of opinions on the new Muse album....I'm wondering if I've grown past them, as Matt Bellamy is a hack of a lyricist. But musically, and more specifically in regards to Matt's cartoonish guitar wankery, this is their best album since Absolution or Black Holes. It's fun. And this here song has been chosen for the geek club, or for Guitar Hero 19. Whichever.

Not brand new music, but just secured tickets April 8th to see these dudes for the first time. :pointstosky:

ETA: Why won't my link embed the video dammit. :(

Not brand new music, but just secured tickets April 8th to see these dudes for the first time. :pointstosky:

ETA: Why won't my link embed the video dammit. :(

Take out the s in https

alright - some good stuff in here I never heard before, thank you for sharing.

I'm gonna' go in the Ennio Morricone, John Williams, Hans Zimmer direction here.... ever since I was a kid and discovered the Star Wars soundtrack (and headphones), I've been a fan of soundtrack music and modern classical - I know this won't be for all of you.

Thomas Bergersen "Empire of Angels"... put on the headphones and enjoy

Not a brand new song and not a new artist but most likely an artist a lot of people hadn't heard or didn't know they had heard until this song hit main stream last year

singer for one of my favorite bands at the time, 'Jacks Mannequin'. Prior to that, singer for the more punk rock 'Something Corporate'

• Like 1

These guys are incredible. My new favorite band

:thumbsup:

I listen to a lot of instrumental rock like this, if you're curious about similar bands.

:thumbsup:

I listen to a lot of instrumental rock like this, if you're curious about similar bands.

Sure, lay some on me. I think Caspian and explosions in the sky are the class of the genre

Sure, lay some on me. I think Caspian and explosions in the sky are the class of the genre

Heard some of this and liked it - "post modern rock" is what I thought the "genre" was but not sure.

Check out Simply Three...

Also, nice call on the Disturbed remake of The Sound of Silence Frozenbeernuts - this is my favorite jam right now.

• Like 1

Heard Miike Snow in Lalapalooza years back and thought he/his band were pretty damn good. Finally heard his music on local radio so I figured I would share.

So i was sitting at USC Upstates surprisingly beautiful baseball complex waiting to watch my son's team play. And they were playing a surprisingly rocking selection of music. Metallica. ACDC. Stuff like that. And then this song starts playing. Kind of a jangly guitar intro, and this simple but really funky baseline And its like 85 degrees and the sky is the kind of blue that only happens at afternoon baseball games and this song just infects my soul. And i listen for lyrics and all i can pick out is "Were lost in space blah blah blah" and i google the living f0ck out of those lyrics, figuring i have just discovered the Next Great Thing.

Nope.

Steve Miller Band. Ever heard of them?

Cant get this song out of my freeking head.

• Like 1

The Getaway. RHCP. Not 100% sold on it but digging it.

Any of you geeks listen to The Record Company?

Yes. Very good band.

On a different genre, I am really entertained by Too Many Zooz. 3 guys. Bass sax, trumpet, drum. No vocals. Saw them in the subway a few years ago and they are starting to get some play. Was clued into their success at the Sanctuary recently. On iTunes, check out Get Busy or Maritza. Some of their subway performances are on YouTube.

Any of you geeks listen to The Record Company?

:thumbsup: Just recently started listening,love the entire project

So i was sitting at USC Upstates surprisingly beautiful baseball complex waiting to watch my son's team play. And they were playing a surprisingly rocking selection of music. Metallica. ACDC. Stuff like that. And then this song starts playing. Kind of a jangly guitar intro, and this simple but really funky baseline And its like 85 degrees and the sky is the kind of blue that only happens at afternoon baseball games and this song just infects my soul. And i listen for lyrics and all i can pick out is "Were lost in space blah blah blah" and i google the living f0ck out of those lyrics, figuring i have just discovered the Next Great Thing.

Nope.

Steve Miller Band. Ever heard of them?

Cant get this song out of my freeking head.

That's one of my all time SMB favs,I'm old enough that I remember when it first came out,song is still great today,especially at max volume.

I keep swinging my hand through a swarm of bees
I can’t understand why they’re stinging me
But I’ll do what I want, I’ll do what I please
I’ll do it again till I got what I need

I’ll rip and smash through the hornet’s nest
Don’t they understand I deserve the best
And I’ll do what I want, I’ll do what I please
I’ll do it again till I got what I need

Im thinking about going to see rayland Baxter in Columbia MO (about a 3 hr trip) in October, but unfortunately I'd miss the Chiefs playing SNF :dunno: