Sign in to follow this  
Big Guy

Your NFL Team is?

Please list your favorite NFL team and approximately what year you became a fan.

:pointstosky: :bench: :cheers:

I've been a die hard Dallas Cowboy fan since 1965

Titans, since they moved to Tennessee in 1998 ish.

My name here is stupid. I was sort of a bears fan as a kid. My dad was from Chicago, the bears of the 80's were awesome, etc.

Became a full blown titans fan like I said in 98.

Lived in st Pete for three years and kind of took up bucs as my NFC team. Of course, it helped that they won a Super Bowl when i was there.

The year the bucs won, the titans were in the AFC title game against the raiders. The bucs had already pinched their ticket. I was sitting in a sports bar with all my Florida friends. They asked who I would root for if it was titans bucs.

I said titans of course. They were displeased. My bandwagonerism only goes so far.

• Like 1

Like clockwork...

Yeah. Im sure you knew what was what in 75.

Cardinals since 89. I grew up in NE PA, there was no clear cut pro team (Penn State was the main college team, with Notre Dame second given the large Catholic population). I was a Raider fan; long story I'm sure I've told here before and won't repeat. Moved to Phoenix after college in 89 and instantly adopted the Cards. :cheers:

Yeah. Im sure you knew what was what in 75.

Did you not understand the question, do you need help?

The question was when did we become a fan. We've been over this before - I cited many examples including my memories of my grandpa's house, game days, the Boys. etc.. Once I was cognizant that it was 1975, then I knew - doesn't make it any less true.

Better stick to Eagle bashing, you're not up to this.

Don't have one anymore.

Pretty hardcore Raiders since 75, but once I started playing FF 22+ years ago it only took me 3 seasons or so to not give much of a sh1t about the Raiders anymore and learn to love the game as an unbiased fan.

Bottom line, I wish I still had the passion for the Raiders like I used to. :(

Lions. Since I was a kid. Prolly my fondest Lions football memory was watching that 91 playoff game with my grandpa as we kicked the crap out of your Cowboys.

Lions. Watching since I was a youngster, like 7 or 8 years old. So mid 1970s.....

God, I am old.

Terribly coached :o

The Bills for as long as I can remember. I :cry: like a baby when Norwood missed the kick

It's funny, I remember going to school after they lost the 4th SB. All the non-Bills fans didn't make fun of us like years past. Everyone just really didn't say much. Like they finally gotten to the point where they just felt sorry for us <_<

Patriots - I remember Grogan playing, but not sure what year I became a fan.

I'm not a die hard by any means, never have been. Red Sox? yes, 100%, Patriots? nah

And it still floors me that the Bills didn't pull one of those off. They basically had a top 5 offense and defense those years. Crazy they couldn't get it done.

And it still floors me that the Bills didn't pull one of those off. They basically had a top 5 offense and defense those years. Crazy they couldn't get it done.

I rooted for them every year they made it.

Huge fan of Kelly, Thomas and Reed at the time.

Padded stats. The AFC east, and the AFC as a whole, sucked. The dolphins had Marino, that's about it.

I watch the Lions, but can't say I am a Lions fan. They are just a horribly run organization--however I sincerely hope they get better. Grew up a Bears fan in the Walter Payton era. Was good stuff.

I got lucky. Moved to the Detroit area while Barry was in his prime. So I got to see two of the all time best RB's ever.

Padded stats. The AFC east, and the AFC as a whole, sucked. The dolphins had Marino, that's about it.

I get that. And I can definitely see them losing to Dallas for 2 of them. They were stacked. It's the losses to Hostetler and Doug Williams that are harder to wrap my head around.

I get that. And I can definitely see them losing to Dallas for 2 of them. They were stacked. It's the losses to Hostetler and Doug Williams that are harder to believe

Giants had an incredible defense. Shut down Montana and Rice the week before on the road, for the second time that year. Were beating the Bills earlier in the year when Simms got hurt in game. I won a lot of bets that SB taking the 7 1/2.

Broncos... I guess since I was born in 79... I don't know exactly what age I would say I qualified as a "Fan" but "Go Broncos" and "Touchdown" were some of my first words.

I'm willing to bet you are a little hungover today. :cheers:

• Like 1

I get that. And I can definitely see them losing to Dallas for 2 of them. They were stacked. It's the losses to Hostetler and Doug Williams that are harder to wrap my head around.

Padded stats or not, the Bills were one 'wide right' kick from beating the Giants in that SB.

Padded stats or not, the Bills were one 'wide right' kick from beating the Giants in that SB.

Like it was an easy kick. Norwood had never done it before. And there was an obvious clip on Everson Walls on the Thomas TD. Giants didn't turn it over and punted once. They did have a safety though.

Like it was an easy kick. Norwood had never done it before. And there was an obvious clip on Everson Walls on the Thomas TD. Giants didn't turn it over and punted once. They did have a safety though.

And yet, the Bills were still only a fg away from beating NY in that SB.. All the "padded" stats, the mighty Giants team - they were still only a kick away from winning... And it wasn't like it was 63 yarder, it was a freaking 47 yarder.

And yet, the Bills were still only a fg away from beating NY in that SB.. All the "padded" stats, the mighty Giants team - they were still only a kick away from winning... And it wasn't like it was 63 yarder, it was a freaking 47 yarder.

Oh Cruzer, time for more education. It was a 47 yard FG on grass. Norwood hadn't done it before, never mind on the last play of a SB. Now, because you think the game hasn't changed, I want you to realize that back then in the NFL, a 47 yard FG was not considered easy like it is today. Just like it was rare for a guy to throw 100 mph in baseball, now everyone does it. And oh yeah, back up QB and back up RB. Now just say thank you for today's lesson and move on.

Oh Cruzer, time for more education. It was a 47 yard FG on grass. Norwood hadn't done it before, never mind on the last play of a SB. Now, because you think the game hasn't changed, I want you to realize that back then in the NFL, a 47 yard FG was not considered easy like it is today. Just like it was rare for a guy to throw 100 mph in baseball, now everyone does it. And oh yeah, back up QB and back up RB. Now just say thank you for today's lesson and move on.

Forest for the trees...

You still fail to understand, that given all the padded stats, given that the Bills were facing the mighty Giants - they still took them down to the wire and had Giants players holding hands on the sidelines, butt clinch praying he'd miss so they would win...... According to you, the Bills should have been blown out - never in that spot to begin with.

As far as the kick, Norwood was not very good on grass, nor was he very long - agreed...... But he had kicked a 48 yarder that year, and he was 1 for 5 on grass from 40+....... And unless they changed the history books while I was sleeping last night - the caption reads "Wide Right", not short right.. Norwood had plenty of leg on that kick - he didn't miss it short.