Sign in to follow this  
Matts Eagles

Where will the Free Agents land?

Where will the 2017 free agents land. What are the best fantasy landing spots for a player and is it an actual possibility.

QBs:

Kirk Cousins-

Ryan Fitzpatrick-

other notable QBs: Mike Glennon, Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Ryan Nassib. Nassib probably stays with the Giants, steelers need a backup so maybe they go after Glennon

RBs:

Leveon Bell:

Danny Woodhead:

LeGarrett Blount:

Eddie Lacy

Latavius Murray

Andre Ellington-

Maybe Doug Martin?

other notables- jaquizz rodgers, Christine Michael, Deangelo Williams

WRs:

Alshon Jeffery:

Pierre Garcon

Desean Jackson:

Kenny Britt

Cordarrelle Patterson:

Terrelle Pryor

Kenny Stills:

Michael Floyd

other notables: Robert Woods, Terrance Williams, Kendall Wright, Ted Ginn Jr

TE:

Jared Cook:

Gavin Escobar:

Martellus Bennett

Add others I may have missed.

Not a huge year for free agents.

I am really interested to see where Murray ends up. He is a very solid back who can be a work horse imo, although it baffles me that he can't seem to break a long td even though he is often the fastest guy on the field.

Garcon is getting up there in age a bit. I would love a reunion with the Colts.

Pryor probably stays with the Browns. Whoever their future qb is they should have some really nice weapons.

Jeffery, I do not care. This dude is always hurt. He couldn't even put together a healthy season in his contract year. Only in a perfect situation where his price accounts for his constant injury do I want him.

And then there is good old Cpat. I have held him all year in all 3 dynasties, waiting for free agency. No idea where he lands or if he will be successful. When I see the Chiefs use Tyreek Hill the way they do, it makes me really curious to see if Patterson would excel the same given a similar treatment.

Ya know what the Chiefs didn't do? They didn't say Well Tyreek doesn't run every precise route like a normal receiver therefore we can't possibly use him. Mike Zimmer is a clown. He lost that entire team. He may have had better fortunes on offense had he just tried to let Patterson loose. Get him the ball any way possible. Patterson should be taking at least 5 carries a game and be given a lot of underneath throws, especially with his qbs down field limitations. Norv Turner is also a clown for at least not trying to incorporate him in this way.

Same shlt happened with Antone Smith. The team did not care one bit about how dynamic he was. 50 yard td in the 1st quarter, maybe one more touch the rest of the game. Too many coaches have their heads up their ass

If Cousins isn't with the Redskins next season , he could be with the Bears or Bills.

I would like to see him go to the Broncos.

Terrel Pryor intriques me. He is multi-talented & hope he goes to a team that can understand how to use him & make him a huge part of the offense.I'd love to see him on the 9ers squad. He could really help the team in so many ways, yet we need a franchise QB. First focus is for a GM & HC to restore a positive culter. Now, if they can get a franchise QB, not Krapernick, Pryor could really help in that situation being as versatile as he is.

Cousins probably stays in Washington if they tag him but I don't like Gruden who I think might not be able to improve his game. Skins'options with him limited IMO. I think he could be a franchise guy, just not the Redskins. I think he'd do good in Arizona with D. Johnson.

Cousins,Murray,Patterson & Pryor would be the best out of those names who I think improves their game on another team. Pryor, I think, could excel in Carolina. He would definitely be a boost to Cam and that might help Benjamin as well. They could do damage with him as a panther.

Murray could help the Lions. Sure Stafford would like him.

C.Patterson might be a nice fit for Mariota & the Titans.

Just my opinion on a couple of these guys I think are worthy of a fresh start to work on their craft.

Raider's fans - if Lat Murray leaves - is the likely successor Washington or Richard (or player to named later)?

Raider's fans - if Lat Murray leaves - is the likely successor Washington or Richard (or player to named later)?

As of now I'm pretty sure it's Washington. His ypc were good this year. I am still skeptical that he can carry the load so I am not investing too heavily. Of course I didn't like Freeman at all and now he is a top 10 or better rb most weeks.

Don't know about Patterson to Tennessee. They want to run more which leads me to believe the offense isn't creative enough to use Patterson. I mean it seems so simple in concept, give Patterson handoffs and short passes, but if a coach doesn't have it in his playbook then they seem pretty reluctant to change it

Cousins will stay in Washington

Pryor will likely stay in Cleveland

Lat Murray is going to chase money. I could see him ending up somewhere like Carolina or Tampa Bay. Both teams need RB help and both should have some cap flexibility.

DeSean will likely test the market, but I could see him and Garcon coming back on team friendly deals. Washington shouldn't blow up their team and should be doing everything possible to keep the core of their offense together. If they let those two WR's go AND Cousins, that team is the worst in the division by at least 2 games.

I think Alshon leaves the Bears personally. They'll offer him something I'm sure, but I doubt he gets the franchise tag. While I have my doubts about the QB situation, imagine if Alshon went to the Jaguars?

QUARTERBACKS

Kirk Cousins- Washington

Ryan Fitzpatrick- Unemployed

other notable QBs: Mike Glennon- Glennon wants a shot as a starter. He won't sign anywhere that has a locked in QB. With no discernible top QB in the draft, I think he gets a "prove it contract" from a team like the 49ers, Bills, or Jets.

Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Ryan Nassib - Backups somewhere.

RUNNING BACKS

With the huge RB draft class coming up, it's hard to see any team really targeting any FA RB's this season.

Leveon Bell- Pittsburgh (he'll never hit free agency)

Danny Woodhead- San Diego

LeGarrett Blount- Houston (Miller proved he can't be a bell cow)

Eddie Lacy- Any team who'll have him.

Latavius Murray- Carolina

Andre Ellington- Dallas

Maybe Doug Martin? Martin's contract is guaranteed next season. I doubt the Bucs will pay him almost $6M to play for someone else.

other notables- jaquizz rodgers- Philadelphia

Christine Michael- Who cares? They'll just end up cutting him too.

Deangelo Williams- Miami

WIDE RECEIVERS

Alshon Jeffery- Dallas

Pierre Garcon- Tampa (correcting a mistake Mark Dominik made 5 years ago)

Desean Jackson- Philadelphia

Kenny Britt- Arizona

Cordarrelle Patterson- Cleveland (it's where all guys who can't play end up)

Terrelle Pryor - New England

Kenny Stills- Cincinnati

Michael Floyd- Washington

other notables: Robert Woods- Buffalo

Terrance Williams- Dallas

Kendall Wright- San Francisco

Ted Ginn Jr- Pittsburgh

TIGHT ENDS

Jared Cook- Indianapolis

Gavin Escobar- Any team who'll have him.

Martellus Bennett- New Orleans

• Like 1

^^great input TBay.

One question though for anybody that knows, does Doug Martin's recent suspension allow Tampa to terminate his contract? If so, I'd think they would, even to just re-sign him at a lower amount.

He certainly didn't play like a guy deserving $6 million more guaranteed, so if they can use that failed drug test to get out from his guaranteed money and re-sign him to something more team friendly (even with built in incentives) it just makes good business sense.

^^great input TBay.

One question though for anybody that knows, does Doug Martin's recent suspension allow Tampa to terminate his contract? If so, I'd think they would, even to just re-sign him at a lower amount.

He certainly didn't play like a guy deserving $6 million more guaranteed, so if they can use that failed drug test to get out from his guaranteed money and re-sign him to something more team friendly (even with built in incentives) it just makes good business sense.

I've neither heard nor read anything that said the Bucs can just cut him with no ramifications. I just know he's got next years salary guaranteed. After that they can certainly cut him without an issue. So, based on Martin's track record, I'd say he plays rather well, in Tampa, next year.

• Like 1

I've neither heard nor read anything that said the Bucs can just cut him with no ramifications. I just know he's got next years salary guaranteed. After that they can certainly cut him without an issue. So, based on Martin's track record, I'd say he plays rather well, in Tampa, next year.

His entire guaranteed contract is null and void because of the suspension.

http://www.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/15860/how-doug-martins-suspension-impacts-the-bucs-and-how-they-can-move-on

his contract states that with PED violations, substances of abuse and engaging in conduct detrimental to the team, among other offenses, the team may elect to void his 2017 guarantee in its entirety.

I'd say both, with Richard remaining the electric COP back.

I'd say both, with Richard remaining the electric COP back.

thanks. since washington was a healthy scratch on occasion i went and picked up richard as a dynasty stash. it's too late to get washington instead. oh well, i can only protect so many people

Glennon will get a nice deal from someone where he is guaranteed to compete.

I'm not a huge cousins fan but he's gotta stay in washington. They like him and he has weapons and a line. Why leave

Fitz will back up a contender. So glad he focked himself by not taking the jets 3 year deal. He won't make as much as a backup as they were initially offering and if he had stayed with the jets he might have a shot to start again (thank god!!)

Bell, woodhead, blount.. nowhere.

Will martin be cut? Didn't he sign a 4 or 5 year deal?

If Lat murray leaves Oakland they should look at michael with Richard as the 3rd down passing back.

Jeffery and Pryor stay put.

Garcon will be gone with the emergence of crowder.... where? Detroit if boldin retires?

If Lat murray leaves Oakland they should look at michael

Oh god no. Hopefully they are smarter than that. :mellow:

Will Martin was a healthy scratch once this season.

I don't see him returning to the Bucs either.

The Lions would be a good fit for him.

And then the Lions coaching staff would need to learn how to use him.

Jeffery would be a good fit with Cam in Carolina.

Eric Berry: chiefs

Dontari poe: chiefs

I think Jeffery would be a good match with Flacco and the Ravens.

I think Martin is done in Tampa Bay, they are probably thrilled to void that contract.

The contract isn't bad. It's only guaranteed next season. They can cut him after 2017 with no impact to on the future. Also, at the current moment, it's not like there's a better option on the team or in free agency. I think they'd rather keep him and stick with him next season, if he can play, and address the issue in the 2018 draft. Now if he can't play, or able to, next season, then that's another story. Basically, something significant will probably have to happen before they just cut him this off season.

I would like to see Woodhead with the Saints.

The contract isn't bad. It's only guaranteed next season. They can cut him after 2017 with no impact to on the future. Also, at the current moment, it's not like there's a better option on the team or in free agency. I think they'd rather keep him and stick with him next season, if he can play, and address the issue in the 2018 draft. Now if he can't play, or able to, next season, then that's another story. Basically, something significant will probably have to happen before they just cut him this off season.

I can name 2 options on their roster & plenty more that will be available that I'd rather have than Doug Martin. The quicker they wash their hands of him, the better for their franchise. He ran hard in 2015 for a paycheck, get out while you can Tampa!

Would like to see Garçon return back to the Colts.

L Murray .

Would like to see him with a few teams.

Colts

Vikings

Eagles

Bucs

KC

Seahawks.

L Murray .

Would like to see him with a few teams.

Colts

Vikings

Eagles

Bucs

KC

Seahawks.

I'm a Vikes lifer, and I get why that could make sense since AP is potentially gone, but I'd rather draft a replacement than sign Murray.

Use FA money (a lot if AP comes off the book) to invest in the o-line and get guys that can start immediately. We won't be able to do anything if that's not fixed, and I don't trust our coaches to find OL draft picks that can start year one.

This is a great draft for RBs, so we can still get a very good one even in the 3rd or 4th rd to pair with McKinnon. Much more cost effective, and easier for RBs to transition year one.

Plus I'm just not a huge L Murray fan as an actual football player though, and considering Lamar Miller got 4 yrs/$26 million ($14M guaranteed) and Chris Ivory got 5 yrs/$32 million ($10M guaranteed) last year, I'd rather not throw that type of money at him. Somebody will though.

I think D Will retires.

If Cousins isn't with the Redskins next season , he could be with the Bears or Bills.

Nope. He is gonna get tagged again no matter what happened. Big contract or tag but he's here another year.

That's what I've been hearing also.

He's going to stay in good ol DC.

Cousins would be stupid to go anywhere else. he has 3 solid WR's to throw to, and one rookie (Doctson)who will grow with him to become a stud WR.

hes in a pass friendly offense where he will put up some stats.

He certainly wont put up those numbers in Chicago or Buffalo.

He has two WRs that are FA and his OC is on his way out.

And I'm sure he would like a real big payday.

So that offense might not have the same look next season.

But I do think the Redskins will keep him.

But he would be a good matchup with the Broncos.

Cousins would be stupid to go anywhere else. he has 3 solid WR's to throw to, and one rookie (Doctson)who will grow with him to become a stud WR.

Money talks, eventually Washington will have to pay him long term. If the Skins keep screwing around, it could build some tension & he could walk. Washington needs to go ahead & sign him long term this offseason.

I don't think it's that crazy for Denver to make a play for Cousins even if he is franchised, and I think it would make sense for Cousins too.

Considering what teams gave up for Goff and Wentz this year, is the franchise trade quota of 2 firsts really that much worse for getting a known commodity? Maybe Den can even barter it down a bit or include Lynch; the Vikes got KC to lower the franchise price on Jared Allen to a first and a 3rd. That's still a win/win for both teams.

Plus Den has all the makings to be a very good offense that can play to his strengths, they just don't have the QB to execute yet.

I know trades involving franchised players are becoming rarer and rarer after some teams have gotten burned, but this could be the one that makes sense.

I can see Romo landing on a few teams.

I just don't think he can last.

He can play the game l but I just don't think his body can take it anymore.

There always comes a time that the body has taken enough.

I wouldnt assume that Chicago is a bad place to land. Cam Meredith looks like a stud. Kevin White was showing signs of growth before he got hurt again. I am hoping the injuries were more just bad luck than signs of a future plagued with injury. I also like to see if Daniel Brown can continue to develop. I assume the Bears know they can't rely on the walking injury Zach Miller as their main guy. They did sign an interesting guy in Michole Pruitt too. If the Bears get dumb and resign or franchise Alshon Jeffery then thats one more weapon for Cousins.

Neither. Wash was brought in with sole purpose of spelling Murray. Richard was a find, but lacks true speed to be a difference making back.

I look for the team to let Slats test the FA market, like they did with Donald Penn. If Murray walks, they'll find his replacement in the draft. The kid from Texas is really turning heads in Oakland.