Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Darren McFadden or Joseph Randle

I'd say Randle for a late stash. McFadden too risky since one decent play and you will be tempted to start him the next week and get burned. Just be safe and don't draft either.

Then watch helplessly as one of them leads someone else to glory with a pro bowl season. Honestly I would not be shocked if neither of them ends up leading the backfield.

I like McFadden for a late stash. I'm not thinking weekly starter but a fill in for a bye week or injury. A nice player to have on the bench.

Not going to get randle for a late stash. He is going 4th-5th round

I always say never overdraft a guy based on another guy maybe doing something. So this is too high for randle to me. 7th round max.

Ryan Williams is the late Rd stash in this backfield.

Undraftable, he sucks.

If you dont draft randle at his current ffc adp at 4.04, the next rbs off the board are jstew, gurley, ellington, spiller, yeldon, blount. Are you really any more confident in those rbs? I would love for randles adp to slip farther so i could draft a nice upside rb in the middle rounds. Unfortunately the position is such a crap shoot that he is just as risky as the other backs, at least in non ppr he is. Ppr there are a few that i like better.

Ryan Williams:

Undraftable, he sucks.

In fact, a lot of talk in Big D about him not even making the final roster.

If you dont draft randle at his current ffc adp at 4.04, the next rbs off the board are jstew, gurley, ellington, spiller, yeldon, blount. Are you really any more confident in those rbs? I would love for randles adp to slip farther so i could draft a nice upside rb in the middle rounds. Unfortunately the position is such a crap shoot that he is just as risky as the other backs, at least in non ppr he is. Ppr there are a few that i like better.

I would roll the dice on Gurley, Yeldon, Spiller and probably Jstew all over him. Probably Ellington as well. Coaches were talking time share. Atleast the guys I listed except Spiller should be starters.

Gurley maybe cleared and has a ton of upside. I love this dude this year.

Yeldon should have the job. He has talent and remember Dennard did well there even at a 195 soaking wet. Jags should get better.

Ellington is small and could get hurt sure. He scored some points though almost every time he played.

Stewart has the job. He may loose goal line carries and get hurt but was solid when he played.

Spiller is the guy to catch passes. The saints love to throw to their backs. This dude can play. Maybe this is a dream come true for him.

Gurley is coming off of an acl tear that wasn't early in the season. A 100% healthy Gurley, yes I agree that I like him better. The one issue besides his acl not being ready for action is his conditioning. Rookies typically tire out a bit toward the end of a regular NFL season. I would imagine he is going to be a little worn out from the lack of conditioning early on, plus the amount of work he is going to have to put in just to catch up in a short amount of time. There are definitely risks here.

Andre Ellington is so overrated. The dude just isnt all that good, plus the Cards havent typically produced a reliable fantasy RB. He may be in a timeshare with the rookie Johnson. I think people are going to back off Ellington a bit as news starts to show Johnson as a real threat for touches.

Yeldon is a rookie on the Jags. I think Yeldon may be a huge disappointment to owners. I personally wouldn't have drafted him at all in any rookie drafts. Maybe I'm wrong here, but it is the Jags. And Robinson didn't sustain his success all year (I know injury played a roll).

Stewart? Yes when he is healthy he is awesome. He hasn't been healthy his entire career. Maybe he finally puts it all together this year, but how many times have owners fallen into that trap? Eventually the injuries are just going to take a toll on his physical prowess.

Spiller is a rb that i love, when he is healthy. He is one of the most dynamic backs in the league imo. His issue has also been health. Now a lot of that came when Buffalo tried making him a feature bruising back and ram him up the middle. He isn't that style of rb. If we are talking PPR here I said that I agree Spiller is clearly ahead of Randle. Non PPR however, Spiller is a risk considering his asking price (as with all the rbs in the current adp tier).

Randle at least plays behind the best offensive line in the league. I also don't think the other rbs on the roster are really a threat to take carries as far as talent goes. Not that I think Randle is a top tier talent. Its just a great situation. I didn't really even want to go this far into my appreciation for Randle and his situation this year because I don't want his stock climbing any more than it has, just like Latavius Murray.

In closing, all the rbs I mentioned and we both expanded upon, there isn't anything that the other rbs have that really sets them apart from Randle

4th round for Randle is to high for me .

Gurley is coming off of an acl tear that wasn't early in the season. A 100% healthy Gurley, yes I agree that I like him better. The one issue besides his acl not being ready for action is his conditioning. Rookies typically tire out a bit toward the end of a regular NFL season. I would imagine he is going to be a little worn out from the lack of conditioning early on, plus the amount of work he is going to have to put in just to catch up in a short amount of time. There are definitely risks here.

Andre Ellington is so overrated. The dude just isnt all that good, plus the Cards havent typically produced a reliable fantasy RB. He may be in a timeshare with the rookie Johnson. I think people are going to back off Ellington a bit as news starts to show Johnson as a real threat for touches.

Yeldon is a rookie on the Jags. I think Yeldon may be a huge disappointment to owners. I personally wouldn't have drafted him at all in any rookie drafts. Maybe I'm wrong here, but it is the Jags. And Robinson didn't sustain his success all year (I know injury played a roll).

Stewart? Yes when he is healthy he is awesome. He hasn't been healthy his entire career. Maybe he finally puts it all together this year, but how many times have owners fallen into that trap? Eventually the injuries are just going to take a toll on his physical prowess.

Spiller is a rb that i love, when he is healthy. He is one of the most dynamic backs in the league imo. His issue has also been health. Now a lot of that came when Buffalo tried making him a feature bruising back and ram him up the middle. He isn't that style of rb. If we are talking PPR here I said that I agree Spiller is clearly ahead of Randle. Non PPR however, Spiller is a risk considering his asking price (as with all the rbs in the current adp tier).

Randle at least plays behind the best offensive line in the league. I also don't think the other rbs on the roster are really a threat to take carries as far as talent goes. Not that I think Randle is a top tier talent. Its just a great situation. I didn't really even want to go this far into my appreciation for Randle and his situation this year because I don't want his stock climbing any more than it has, just like Latavius Murray.

In closing, all the rbs I mentioned and we both expanded upon, there isn't anything that the other rbs have that really sets them apart from Randle

You maybe right. It's hard to tell with this group. I was thinking different draft strategies and waiting on a second RB and gambling on 2 out of this group was one of them.

just lost a detailed post to browser crash, and don't feel like retyping everything.

as of right now, randle would be the base package back (2-back or 2-TE sets), and DMC would be the wide-set guy (better blocker and receiver, less running talent). whoever emerges as the lead back is almost assured of 1K/8TD, because DAL needs that kind of production to even be competitive. they need 500 attempts and >2K rushing yards, and that production has to come from somewhere.

randle will get drafted fairly early because he's one of those guys no one can afford to miss on. due to scheme and ability, he shouldn't fall past the 4th, so long as he can clearly separate from williams in camp. if not, those 2 guys could be interchangeable in the base personnel packages, leaving DMC with a slight majority in carries (garrett/linehan love to run out of 3-wide).

if the draft were today, randle would be the pick, followed by DMC as a flexy option, with dunbar/williams as injury/knucklehead stashes. we won't know more until camp is well underway.

Way too high.

FBN, enjoy Randle as your 4th rnd pick. Your explanations for all those other rbs is fine and dandy, so enjoy. I'll pass...

• Like 1

Way too high.

FBN, enjoy Randle as your 4th rnd pick. Your explanations for all those other rbs is fine and dandy, so enjoy. I'll pass...

Im not saying i will pick him there. Its pretty much an equal crap shoot any way you go though. Going receiver or qb in that spot could be a better choice.

Im not saying i will pick him there. Its pretty much an equal crap shoot any way you go though. Going receiver or qb in that spot could be a better choice.

It's is a huge crapshoot. So many of these kind of rbs will lead peoples back fields this year, we just have no idea wich ones. Prob will. E better to take the wr or last great qb here.

I won't pass on Randle , but he needs to come down to where I would take him and it's not in the forth round . I'm thinking more like in the sixth round . And he will be gone by then so that's even better . I can watch some else pull their hair out .

Ill just pass on both of these guys and let someone else ride the roller coaster

If mcfadden were healthy all year like last year and had to be the lead back... yeah its a trap.

In fact, a lot of talk in Big D about him not even making the final roster.

true enough.

no way im paying that price for randle, nor do i trust mcfadden, but there's going to be production in the dallas backfield somewhere.

I'll take lance Dunbar in round 10+ all day before I take either of those fools at the draft time ADP. I bet randle goes early 4th and McFadden early 5th. No way on either at that price

Agree that both Randle and McFadden ADP is to high , but I'm not even going to look at Dunbar . Just don't see any room on a roster for a Rb that is not going to do much . I would rather get a late WR or Qb or R Bush something besides Dunbar .

• Like 1

I only draft 2 kinds of rbs. Ones that play and that I believe could be a top 12 option or ones that are lottery tickets who could be top 12. The guys that win are not the guys who have the 24th ranked rb as their rb 2. They are the guys who lucked into top 12 rbs at 2 or more spots. "hey hes ranked 24th, thats an rb2!". Cool, no thanks. I want all my starting rbs to end as rb1 scorers. Not gonna take a guy on dallas who even when the guy ahead of him gets injured is still in a muddled situation. I need my rb4-5 to be a papercut away from being a cinderella darling top rb scorer.

Hes gonna get it done this year. Wont take him more then 2-3 weeks to solidify the starting job. But its failry obvious and hes going high

Hes gonna get it done this year. Wont take him more then 2-3 weeks to solidify the starting job. But its failry obvious and hes going high

Who is he?

Bryce brown 2.0

Really? How fast is Brown? I thought of Christine Michael more of a Latavius Murray 2.0. I know he has playbook issues and am unsure of his blocking, but have always considered the talent to be there.

If I have to hear the name Christine michael for one more fantasy year, im gonna rage. He isnt anyone or anything til he gets declared either a starter or timeshare rb. Of course I enjoy the spot he gets drafted in every year while I go ahead and take people who play football in the nfl.

Really? How fast is Brown? I thought of Christine Michael more of a Latavius Murray 2.0. I know he has playbook issues and am unsure of his blocking, but have always considered the talent to be there.

Murray is faster, 4.38 40 at 6'3 223 pounds. Pro day

Cmike 4.54 40 at 5'10 220 pounds. Combine

Bryce brown 4.48 40 at 5'11 223 pounds. Pro day.

Murray is faster, 4.38 40 at 6'3 223 pounds. Pro day

Cmike 4.54 40 at 5'10 220 pounds. Combine

Bryce brown 4.48 40 at 5'11 223 pounds. Pro day.

Not being argumentative but I'd take Brown or Michael over Randle.

Not being argumentative but I'd take Brown or Michael over Randle.

From a pure physical standpoint i agree. Though michaels head doesnt seem to be screwed on straight and brown doesnt seem to really "get" football. He should have thrived in the opportunities he had. Randle may have a better grasp of the game between the ears which is very important.

From a pure physical standpoint i agree. Though michaels head doesnt seem to be screwed on straight and brown doesnt seem to really "get" football. He should have thrived in the opportunities he had. Randle may have a better grasp of the game between the ears which is very important.

If a Cowboy fan my thing would be this... a knucklehead with good size and speed will always have potential, because there is always possibility the light may come on. But a guy with limited physical gifts, a 6-0 208 lb guy like Randle who runs a 4.60 forty, is always going to have a low potential cap. Sure, he may slog out 1200 yards behind those road graders but you need more bang against the NFC powerhouses. Plus Randle has a knucklehead factor as well. I'm in Dallas so have taken interest, but am not a fan per se.

If a Cowboy fan my thing would be this... a knucklehead with good size and speed will always have potential, because there is always possibility the light may come on. But a guy with limited physical gifts, a 6-0 208 lb guy like Randle who runs a 4.60 forty, is always going to have a low potential cap. Sure, he may slog out 1200 yards behind those road graders but you need more bang against the NFC powerhouses. Plus Randle has a knucklehead factor as well. I'm in Dallas so have taken interest, but am not a fan per se.

He does have a knucklehead factor off the field. On the field though, bryce brown just doesnt seem to get it. Michael hasnt seemed to get it yet either. Randle played very well in limited time last year. We will see how it goes. Plus how many teams win with a stud rb? The seahawks, but they have a great defense and a very good qb.

He does have a knucklehead factor off the field. On the field though, bryce brown just doesnt seem to get it. Michael hasnt seemed to get it yet either. Randle played very well in limited time last year. We will see how it goes. Plus how many teams win with a stud rb? The seahawks, but they have a great defense and a very good qb.

Lol... I'd bet that stud RB Seattle fields has a lot to do with Christine Michael not getting it. Word in Dallas is an RBBC, as no one is convinced Randle can tote the load. Also his pass blocking is what kept him off the field last year. I'm really amused by this RBBC business, and feel it's going to be the first two games of 1993 in Dallas re-visited.

I agree. 4th is too early.

if you overpay, then I'd suggest DMC is a must have handcuff.

I wont take Randle in the 4th or 5th. If someone else wants to pay, they can have him.

DMC may not be a bad guy to pick up late (if hes available) When healthy he was pretty decent in Oakland for the most part. If he can regain that form, I cant see the cowboys leaving him on the bench.

of course those are a lot of what ifs. Like I said, hes a late round pickup, so given the type of players available at that point, I think the risk reward payoff isnt bad if you grab him late.

Like others said 4-5th round is too early for either DMC or Randle. Would draft either one of them but it has to be at a good price

I have the option to keep Randle for $6 ($200 cap) in my auction keeper league. For that value, I will keep him, but I'm only expecting RB3 numbers.