Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Yahoo pro leagues now open

I know there are people who still dont know or care about these but you should. Yahoo runs simple leagues with varying entry fees, 20, 50, 100 etc and its 10man std scoring online draft. The payouts are simply the best in all of online FF iv ever seen. They only keep %10 of the total and pay out the rest to 3 spots! Thats unheard of in online leagues where they usually take much more than that.

Plus its all ran through yahoo, no slimy commish you have to keep tabs on. You get randomply inserted in a league on the timeslot of your choice so your not facing jimmy and his 2 cheater buddies colluding. I do multiples of these every year along with my normal leagues and the competition is extremely soft. Sometimes guys will just quit or forget halfway through the season so you can just feast if your draft went well. I always win at least one of these and first place for $20 buy in is 100. Its an awesome way to get a draft fix in while also having some investment to keep the draft fun. highly reccomend checking them out. Or just reply with some snarky far off base comment, I dont give a fock.

just click on pro leagues on the right (for the absolutely stupid and intenet illiterate.)

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/reg/joinleague/public?rf=yh.pro.unkcustom

What's the payment method?

Paypal, like everything should be. Possible there are other options too, not sure.

Have you noticed the continuous participation higher at different levels of entry fee?

Is it mostly people giving up on the cheap leagues?

Did I read somebody on these boards waiting around awhile for payouts last year or was that a different provider?

Have you noticed the continuous participation higher at different levels of entry fee?

Is it mostly people giving up on the cheap leagues?

Did I read somebody on these boards waiting around awhile for payouts last year or was that a different provider?

i have not played the higher tiers but id imagine they keep up better. I did play a $50 one time and only the far out of the playoff teams gave up. Iv won one of them each year the last few and got paid out in a timely manner.

I clicked on the link to check it out and on the front page it only showed 10 tm leagues, are there only 10 tm versions?

I prefer draft only. Not nearly enough time to keep up with a few of these leagues. If you have the time it seems cool though

I clicked on the link to check it out and on the front page it only showed 10 tm leagues, are there only 10 tm versions?

Yes only 10team. Can do snake or auction. 10tm paying out 3 spots is damn good tho. 3rd gets your money back, wich I love.

I prefer draft only. Not nearly enough time to keep up with a few of these leagues. If you have the time it seems cool though

Yea it can get away from you quickly. With too many leagues you will forget to snag no brainer free agents and kick yourself.

any idea if this is open to canadian residents....or USA only ?

I did a $250 and a $100 league last year. Recommended. I came in 3rd and got my money back in the 250 league, made some stupid decisions in my $100 league and missed the playoffs. Everyone participates but even in the 250 league there's still a few idiots, but everyone is super hesitant to make trades though, so draft well.

It's a trusted site which I like, and the payback was swift once the NFL season was over. What other sites are there in regard to high stakes FF?

I tried it last year for the first time. Just did 5 $20 leagues and it was easy money. I had bad luck in the playoffs and only my worst team that barely snuck into the playoffs won the championship. In 3 of the leagues I finished in 1st easily and if those coulda held on in the playoffs it woulda been better. Still I doubled my money and could have made a lot more if not for some Monday night bs week 15.

Thanks to tan for giving me a push last year.

I had a minor issue getting paid last year after winning a $20 league. Yahoo stated my paypal account wasn't linked to my Yahoo account which it was, but I was able to send an e-mail explaining the situation (politely of course) and I was paid within a week. Also, for the question regarding payment, you can use paypal or a credit card, but if you want paid you will have to link your paypal and yahoo accounts before they pay you. You don't need a paypal account to join but if you want paid, you'll have to set one up which is free, then you will have to link the two accounts. This can be done anytime before they pay out the winners.