Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Jimmy johns subs are the suck

First...they dig all the bread out of the bun like rodney dangerfield in back to school. Basically its a bun crust...not a bun

Evidently...you have to say LBI to..you guessed it...LEAVE BREAD IN. TBO is Take bread out...

Fill the crater with lettuce.. add several slices of paper thin turkey

6 dollars lol. Cheese is a dollar more hahaha

Never go there again!

JJ is decent. I always get peppers added to mine. Gives it a bit of a kick. Still, nothing beats firehouse

First...they dig all the bread out of the bun like rodney dangerfield in back to school. Basically its a bun crust...not a bun

Evidently...you have to say LBI to..you guessed it...LEAVE BREAD IN. TBO is Take bread out...

Never go there again!

Agreed, I went there once and only once. :thumbsdown:

All I want at a Sub Shop is for them to provide the ingredients and then get the fock outa my way and let me make a good sammich.

Never have been to one. Several people rave about them, but most give them a meh.

They are alright, I eat there 1-2 times a month since there is one beside my office. Jimmy it up with extra peppers.

Slightly better than Subway.

• Like 1

I think JJ is the 2nd best of the chain subs around here. Jersey Mikes is my favorite, but I generally go to local spots anyways. Better than subway, firehouse, Togos and Quiznos... thats for sure.

Slightly better than Subway.

that bad, huh?

I think JJ is the 2nd best of the chain subs around here. Jersey Mikes is my favorite, but I generally go to local spots anyways. Better than subway, firehouse, Togos and Quiznos... thats for sure.

Similar here. Though we have this Penn Station east coast subs place...good warm sandwiches.

None of them are great...but better than subway or fast food as far as flavor.

Chicks that work there wear low-cut shirys typically too...

JJ is decent. I always get peppers added to mine. Gives it a bit of a kick. Still, nothing beats firehouse

Firehouse is - dare I say it? - THE BOMB!

So good. Now I'm hungry. Thanks.

Yes and I love the pepper sauce they have as well.

Similar here. Though we have this Penn Station east coast subs place...good warm sandwiches.

None of them are great...but better than subway or fast food as far as flavor.

Chicks that work there wear low-cut shirys typically too...

Firehouse > Penn Station >> jersey mikes > Quiznos >>>>>>> jimmy johns >>>>>>>>>>>>subway

Exactly. Love all the different hot sauces they have there. I usually got my sub to go and grab some to go cups for hot sauce. Always try a different every time I go. Theres not one around me so I rarely get to go but when I do its ALWAYS good

Exactly. Love all the different hot sauces they have there. I usually got my sub to go and grab some to go cups for hot sauce. Always try a different every time I go. Theres not one around me so I rarely get to go but when I do its ALWAYS good

Their cherry limeade is like liquid crack.

Firehouse > Penn Station >> jersey mikes > Quiznos >>>>>>> jimmy johns >>>>>>>>>>>>subway

I disagree completely on firehouse. Average at best ingredients shoved in a steamer doesnt make a sandwich good. Crappy canned mushrooms...seriously?

And its second best to sonic in that.

JJ is decent for the price. They deliver, so that's a huge bonus.

There is this place in Delta PA thats called Delta Pizza. They make subs also. Ho. Lee. Phuk. The best sub I have ever had for only $6. I always save half of a full size sub for later. I ate this entire thing without pausing. Felt like I ate a football. I wish I would have gone again before I left.

Never had it. Usually dont get a drink since I dont eat there. Might have to try it next time Im there. I pass by one on my way to clinicals during the week so I might stop by there

No way. Firehouses is way better than Sonics.

They have their own drinks? Assumed it would just be a coke or Pepsi machine.

No way. Firehouses is way better than Sonics.

The ice from sonic alone makes you crazy in this assertion.

You can buy bags of their crushed ice! Just ask for it!

They have their own drinks? Assumed it would just be a coke or Pepsi machine.

Have the Coke freestyle thing (5years ago that was Cool but now so many places have that too) but they have a few of their own too (so does Moes)

I was told by someone that sonic has ice that is bad ass. Is this true? Can ice be this good?

You can buy bags of their crushed ice! Just ask for it!

Hello, I have.

I was told by someone that sonic has ice that is bad ass. Is this true? Can ice be this good?

Yes...its true.

Its just crushed ice that has a great texture. They sell bags of it for pretty cheap.

Had a few Firehouse subs for the first time about a month ago. Very good for a chain. I usually try to avoid the chains. LBI or TBO... :thumbsdown:

Best place is a small chain called the sandwich factory. Bread so damn good i could eat it by itself.

Firehouse club on a sub. :banana:

They have at least three other sandwiches that are very similar but no bacon. :dunno:

I think it is the hook and ladder that is just the club with no bacon. Another sandwhich replaces the bacon with roast beef.

Who is buying these sandwiches? :dunno:

Best place is a small chain called the sandwich factory. Bread so damn good i could eat it by itself.

for subs, order of importance.

#1 bread

#2 cheese

#3 pickles, dill coins, sweet pickes are stupid, cubed ok, but not right.

#4 meat, when roast beef this moves up to #3

#5 tomatoes

#6 lettuce, onions, mayo...just don't mess it up.

Eegees is the go-to sandwich and slushie drink place if any of y'all are ever in Tucson or Phoenix.

https://eegees.com/

Jimmy Johns isn't bad but there is usually a Jason's Deli nearby and I'll just stop in there and get a muff.

Jimmy Johns in my area doesnt dig the guts of the bread out, but Erbert and Gerberts does. I like subs from both places.

Quiznos was freaking amazing when I was a kid. Tried it about 8 years ago and it was just god-awful.

Great place for vegetarians cuz that sure as hell isn't meat.

Never go there again!

That does not sound like JJ to me. I have never seen them dig the bread out.

Theres a couple local sub places that will beat any chain, but as far as the chains go these are the best ones in this order:

Jersey Mikes - Big Khauna with no bell peppers > Firehouse - New York Streamer with Sorensens sauce > Jimmy Johns - Italian, bread in, no tomatoes > Subway is trash and I wont eat there

Dont know if it counts but Publix deli subs beat any sub chain. Chicken tender sub with honey mustard is the .