Sign in to follow this  
jdon

Off season trades - post draft edition

No one I just have more picks than I can use. I was going to lose 4.10 anyway. I had 1.06, 2.06, 2.07, 4.02, 4.05, 4.10 and 5.06. So packaged 4.05and 4.10 and got what I could for them. As it is I'm still currently going to lose the fifth rounder. I've got a couple of offers out packaging 4.01and 4.02 trying to move back up into the third round.

I see. No way to get a pick next year?

I see. No way to get a pick next year?

I got what i could for them. I sent out a dozen trade offers, This was the only one that hit. Im not holding my breath on the other offers ive got out for 4.01 and 4.02.

I got what i could for them. I sent out a dozen trade offers, This was the only one that hit. Im not holding my breath on the other offers ive got out for 4.01 and 4.02.

Ok so who are your late round guys that you are eyeballing in that spot?

Ok so who are your late round guys that you are eyeballing in that spot?

This will be my third draft this year.... I mean late picks like this are all crapshoots, but here are some guys that have some upside and/or opportunity to play IMO that got drafted in the late 3rd/early 4th in my first two drafts

QB:

Dak Prescott (personally i wouldnt draft a QB this late unless it was a super deep league, or a 2 QB league, but this is where he went in both drafts)

WR:

Rashad Higgins

Jordan Peyton

Charone Peak

Keyarris Garrett

Moritz Boeringer (im skeptical, but this is where he was taken in both drafts)

RB:

Daniel Lasco

Deandre Washington (fell to 3.10 in one draft...i'd be ecstatic to get him here)

Tyler Ervin

Josh Ferguson

TE

Seth Devalve (more of an FB/ H-back type TE but starting to get some love in some circles)

Jerell Adams (taken in the late 4th/early 5th in both drafts, but i love his upside)

Blockbuster just went down.....Im pretty jazzed about this one......

I gave:

2016 4.05

2016 4.10

I got:

2016 4.01

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Just traded 4.02 and 4.04 for 3.10.

So i started with 1.06, 2.06, 2.07 4.02, 4.04, 4.05 and 4.10 and i was going to lose 4.05 and 4.10 due to only cutting 5 players.

Traded 4.05 and 4.10 for 4.01, which got me down to 6 picks, but i was still going to lose 4.04. Then i traded 4.02 and 4.04 for 3.10, which gets me down to 5 picks 1.06, 2.06, 2.07, 3.10, 4.01

Easy peezy.

• Like 1

Just traded 4.02 and 4.04 for 3.10.

So i started with 1.06, 2.06, 2.07 4.02, 4.04, 4.05 and 4.10 and i was going to lose 4.05 and 4.10 due to only cutting 5 players.

Traded 4.05 and 4.10 for 4.01, which got me down to 6 picks, but i was still going to lose 4.04. Then i traded 4.02 and 4.04 for 3.10, which gets me down to 5 picks 1.06, 2.06, 2.07, 3.10, 4.01

Easy peezy.

I love it when a plan comes together!

Things went a little crazy in one of my 12 team 0.5 PPR leagues last night and this morning. I am involved in none of these.

Team TF gets Theo Riddick

Team AD gets Phillip Dorsett

-----

Team AD gets Jeremy Maclin

Team LC gets Greg Olson and 2016 2.03

-----

Team WS gets Adrian Peterson

Team GB gets Carlos Hyde

-----

Team RT gets Ameer Abdullah

Team AD gets Nelson Algohor

-----

Team SC gets Gio Bernard

Team WS gets 2016 3.09

-----

Team RT gets Chris Connelly

Team JG gets 2016 3.01

Hmm fairly even across the board soufy. I really cant say anyone one trade had an absolute winner. Not in my eyes at least

Hmm fairly even across the board soufy. I really cant say anyone one trade had an absolute winner. Not in my eyes at least

I agree. Its was just the number of trades that went down all in about a 12 hour span. Had my head kind of spinning.

I agree. Its was just the number of trades that went down all in about a 12 hour span. Had my head kind of spinning.

Those spasms are fun. And then there is usually a lag period where no one says a word for a week. Although your leagues seem to have constant action. Are these dynasties you are in free leagues?

Those spasms are fun. And then there is usually a lag period where no one says a word for a week. Although your leagues seem to have constant action. Are these dynasties you are in free leagues?

Yes.

I just took over an orphan in a 5th league. This one is a 14 team superflex league that gives WR 0.5 PPR and TE and RB a full 1 PPR and we start QB/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/te/ (qb/rb/wr/te) flex (te/rb) flex and a DST (no kickers) I wasnt really looking to join another league but the scoring system intrigued me. We are in the middle of the second round of that draft right now.

In the league above, the 31 man roster 14 team superflex.... somehow this team came in 5th place last year, but the roster needed to be gutted ( i have 13 new players on the roster, and still need to get rid of Manziel, Andre Roberts, Devin Hester and Fozzy Whitaker)

I gave: TY Hilton and 2016 4.10

I got: Dorial Green Beckham, Dion Lewis and 2017 4th

Im not a huge Lewis fan, due to his injury history, but this league gives RB a PPR premium and my RB situation is pretty bleak. Im figuring the Brady-less Patriots ride the short passing game the first 4 weeks, so maybe Lewis blows the F up and i can flip him for something safer before his next injury.

I gave Delanie Walker

I got:Eric Decker and 4.12

Personally i just find Eric Decker to be criminally undervalued. The guy has caught 80+ passes for 1000+ yards, double digit TDs and been a top 15 fantasy WR 3 of the last 4 years. And the one year he didnt hit those marks he went for 72/964/5 with Geno Freeking Smith and his 13 passing TDs as his QB. And yet some how people still seem to think he was somehow created from a pile of sticks, some twine and a huge heaping dose of Peyton Manning's Magic Tears

And with a revamped running attack with Henry and Demarco, and a more experienced Mariota throwing to a more experienced DGB, a healthy Kendall Wright and the addition of Rishard Matthews to the WR corps, i dont see any way Walker catches 90 passes again this year. I see him going back to being that 65/800/6 guy he was his first two years in Tennessee.

I was just offered Tony Romo and 1.12 for Alex Smith and 1.07.

I told him I'd think it over and get back to him.

Initially I'm not liking the draft pick swap, thinking of a counter.

I was just offered Tony Romo and 1.12 for Alex Smith and 1.07.

I told him I'd think it over and get back to him.

Initially I'm not liking the draft pick swap, thinking of a counter.

1.07 isnt much different from 1.12 unless Shepard falls imo. I still dont think Romo is much of an upgrade.

1.07 isnt much different from 1.12 unless Shepard falls imo. I still dont think Romo is much of an upgrade.

I was kinda thinking the same thing on Romo. Plus Smith is 4 years younger than him too.

I disagree.

I think there is a solid top 7 and then .

1. elliot

2. treadwell

3. thomas

4. doctson

5. coleman

6. boyd

7. shepard

after that it really gets messy.

I still might not make that trade though...

I have seen Shepard go 5 or 6... Not quite sure he will be there at 7.... Mike Thomas Saints or Boyd is a good pick at 7.... After 7 it's a crap shoot......Booker, Procise, and the rest...

Romo not enough of an upgrade to give up the earlier pick imo.

Agree, and didn't do it. He said he really wanted my 1.7 pick, and I said lets wait for now. We'll talk trade on draft day.

Agree, and didn't do it. He said he really wanted my 1.7 pick, and I said lets wait for now. We'll talk trade on draft day.

I would be bargaining right now if you can get something you want. 1.7 is blah

Now that we know where players went I think we will see more movement in leagues that draft rookies...

for my part I just moved:

and I received:

DeVonta Freeman (I have coleman)

2017 1st rounder

Jay Cutler (I only have rivers on my roster)

so... that is what E. Elliot can get you in a 26 man dynasty league...

jdon

ps. I don't care about 1.4/1.5 because I have a solid top five, in order: elliot, treadwell, thomas, doctson, coleman

So you basically traded the top RB prospect in many years for Jay Cutler?

12 team, 24 man roster dynasty, 0.5ppr.

Traded Bradford, S. Coates, pick 1.05, pick 3.09 for C. Palmer, T. Rawls. Not sold on my QBs (Dalton, Taylor) and figure Rawls is better than anyone I'd get at 1.05. Was planning to reach for a QB there or trade down.

Traded pick 2.05 for Golden Tate.

12 team, 24 man roster dynasty, 0.5ppr.

Traded Bradford, S. Coates, pick 1.05, pick 3.09 for C. Palmer, T. Rawls. Not sold on my QBs (Dalton, Taylor) and figure Rawls is better than anyone I'd get at 1.05. Was planning to reach for a QB there or trade down.

Traded pick 2.05 for Golden Tate.

I really like the 2nd trade for you. I'd rather have the other side of the first one but I'm pretty high on Coates and Sterling Shepard even in .5 PPR

I really like the 2nd trade for you. I'd rather have the other side of the first one but I'm pretty high on Coates and Sterling Shepard even in .5 PPR

Problem is the roster size. Bradford was a definite drop, and Coates was borderline.

I got an owner who's dieing to get wr Jordan Matthews from me. He's a perennial bottom team, so he doesn't have much to return in terms of players. But he is a draft pick hoarder, so he's got plenty 2016 through 2018 picks. (12 team league, 24 man roster, 3 round rookie draft, ppr and start 1q , 2rb 4wr, 1te.)

What would be a good get for him? For my team, he would be my #5 wr. So not a starter, but the first guy off my bench. I also really like the kid , just as a regular player I'd like to root for. So I definitely want the other team to over pay for him, and by the way he's hounding me every chance he gets, I believe I can get him too.

Any thoughts what I should ask for?

I got an owner who's dieing to get wr Jordan Matthews from me. He's a perennial bottom team, so he doesn't have much to return in terms of players. But he is a draft pick hoarder, so he's got plenty 2016 through 2018 picks. (12 team league, 24 man roster, 3 round rookie draft, ppr and start 1q , 2rb 4wr, 1te.)

What would be a good get for him? For my team, he would be my #5 wr. So not a starter, but the first guy off my bench. I also really like the kid , just as a regular player I'd like to root for. So I definitely want the other team to over pay for him, and by the way he's hounding me every chance he gets, I believe I can get him too.

Any thoughts what I should ask for?

No way to answer this without knowing the other roster or what picks he has

And Freeman, and a 2017 1st.

Yeah I looked at it wrong. Sorry :doh:

Deal just went down in my league. Amari Cooper and 1.12 for Brandin Cooks and Kevin White

Deal just went down in my league. Amari Cooper and 1.12 for Brandin Cooks and Kevin White

As a Cooks owner, I'd be happy to get that deal for him.

This is an interesting one...very much fair, just interesting. I honestly don't know which side I'd want here.

Gimme the Cooks and White side any day

That's kinda where I'm siding with honestly. Cooks I believe is not dependent on Brees, and White has so much upside.

If that 1.12 can be repeatedly flipped for some other draft capital, maybe a couple 2nds this year and one 2017 2nd, you could build a nice little stable of rebuild players...but still, is Cooper really going to outscore Cooks AND/OR White enough to warrant this?

I do agree with this sentiment. I think at least some of the "value" gap between Cooks and Cooper has to do with the fact that Coop came into the league as a top WR in his class and Cooks was a tier lower, than the top of his class. You have to go back and look at those 2 classes to see why the rank within the class shouldn't matter when cross comparing.......... even if you care about it at all now that they are pros.

Its just a value perception thing that I have noticed can linger for a few years, Coop a high first rookie pick vs. Cooks a mid-1st rounder. I have them pretty even overall considering opportunity so White for the #12 in this draft seems like a steal........then again as talented as he is..........he hasn't been on the field at all, so maybe an owner could feel who knows what you're getting with him any more than at 1.12.

Traded Drew Brees for Joe Flacco and Brock Osweiler

I don't think I like that one. Do you think Brees is all done?

I don't think I like that one. Do you think Brees is all done?

It's not just that, but I do think regression is sooner than later for him.

This league is a 3 year contract dynasty. Brees would've had this year and next for me.

My only other QBs on roster are Kaep and Romo. So I'm hurting. In the event of an injury this year for Brees...I know you shouldn't expect injury or anything, but even a down year or a mediocre season from Brees doesn't get me into the playoffs most likely.

The Texans ran the most offensive plays per game on average in the NFL last season. Given the weapons Osweiler has at his disposal, and if Flacco can get healthy in Trestman's offense, I think it can be a minimal PPG hit for me as well as giving me the assurance that I have a reliable backup QB situation behind either Romo or the other guys.

Yea it's good to carry extra qbs .