Sign in to follow this  
wist

Team to young?

This is a 5 Keeper league... I used to have the dominate team in this league, but grew a little long in the tooth - been 2 years since I won the league, and have spent the last couple of years trying to reconfigure my 5 Keepers and make another run at a title.

It's a 10 team league, STD scoring.

Keepers were:

Adrian Peterson, RB

Carlos Hyde, RB

Jordy Nelson, WR

Mike Evans, WR

Jordan Matthews, WR

Drafted today, 6th round onward, 8th pick

Travis Kelce

Ameer Abdullah, RB

Allen Robinson, WR

Ryan Mathews, RB

Tony Romo, QB

David Johnson, RB

John Brown, WR

Ryan Tannehill, QB

Kendall Wright, WR

Rams Def.

Dan Bailey, K

That leaves my roster with 2 rookie RB's and 5 second year players... uber invested in youth. Figure it will hurt me this year, but give a lot of options next year. Plus with some in-season wizardry, I might be able to keep up.

Anyway, just thought I'd some opinions about having such a young roster?

I think you have a very nice roster. Abdullah will complement AP very well and your receivers are stacked. As long as Kelce turns out how most of us think he will you should still have a shot this year

I made a trade to get to those keepers... there's some logic gymnastics involved, b/c the trade didn't yield an apples-to-apples comparison.

The trade was:

I gave

Demarco Murray

Demaryius Thomas

Jimmy Graham

I get

Adrian Peterson

Mike Evans

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the surface I know that looks lopsided, but it allowed me to keep Jordan Matthews instead of Graham, and also draft Kelce. Also, since I don't value QB's very highly, I would have loved to have Big Ben, but not enough to spend a keeper on him when I knew I could pick up a good QB later.

So when I made the trade - I took a minor leap of faith that Kelce would drop to me in the draft, as I knew he would not be protected, and figured the owners ahead of me in the draft would root around at other positions. So the trade in my mind was this all along -

I give:

Demarco Murray

Demaryius Thomas

Jimmy Graham

Rothlesrapist

I get:

Adrian Peterson

Mike Evans

Jordan Matthews

Travis Kelce

Tony Romo (10th round)

Doing it that way I was able to reshape my roster a bit. Demarco will definitely take a step back; Graham and Kelce could very well be a wash; and I love Evans's long term upside - combined with Thomas also likely to come down a bit as Manning fades.