Sign in to follow this  
dtleali

Keeper Draft Suggestions

I'm in a 12 person PPR league where we have the option of keeping 1 player in the same draft spot as the prior year after the 5th round. This year I will be keeping DeAndre Hopkins as my 8th pick but I am just looking for suggestions for keeper picks for next year. 10th round and after is really where I want my keeper to come from so does anyone know of any guys who are back-ups or #3 receivers that are going to be coming into a starting role at the end of the year or next year?

DeAndre in the 8th is pretty great value, and if you can keep him again next year in the 8th that will be hard to beat. I think he's going to be a perennial top 10 WR for the next few seasons so I wouldn't worry too much about finding a different keeper for only a couple rounds' difference in value.

that said, you are basically asking for sleepers here that no one can accurately predict at this point. Be happy with DeAndre and take some late round fliers on standout rookies/sophs in case someone rises up. I doubt you'll find much better value based on current information than DeAndre though.

If free agents are allowed to be kept, then work the waiver wire and see who produces fairly well late in the season. That is how I usually find my next 'stud' keepers for the following season(s).

Texans better hurray and get a qb if he is going to be a top ten wr this season .

last year mike evans was WR11 with McCown at QB. DeAndre was WR14 as the Texans WR2. I don't think it's a huge leap to say he has a strong chance to move up the ranks in the coming seasons as others fall out/move past their primes, regardless of mediocrity at QB.

OP wanted to know names of better values than DeAndre in the 8th for 2016 and beyond, I simply doubt he'll find one at this point in the 2015 preseason.

I understand what the poster was asking , but I'm still wondering about how you see Hopkins being a top ten wr this season .

He's going to absorb some of Andre Johnson's 146 targets from last season. He has the best catch rate of catchable balls since he entered the league. He'll have all the opportunity in the world to become a top 10 WR. There's always some turnover in the top 10 and I think he is the prime candidate to break in. If I had him as a perpetual 8th rounder I'd be ecstatic.

I would be happy with him in the eight round also . But in no way do I see him getting into the top ten in fantasy points this season .