Sign in to follow this  
eaglesfreak

What to do with the 2nd pick in my Keeper league..

12 Teams PPR

I kept Rodgers (lost a 3rd rder) and Dez Bryant (4th rder) We can start QB-RB-RB/WR-WR-WR-Wr/RB/TE TE K DEF

Best available players......Peterson,Charles,Lynch,Julio Jones,Demarious Thomas,Nelson,Calvin But narrowed it down to Charles Demarious or Julio

Sounds like #1 team will go Peterson...Do I go with Charles or Julio?? This is really killing me..Would be Nice to have Julio with Dez and Rodgers on top of that..Charles scored 250 pts last yr where Julio scored 290 but he also missed a game....And the 6 tds he had I think is a fluke....and Demarious scored 340 pts but scared that Peyton will regress this yr.....So leaning towards Charles or Julio ..I just see Julio having a monster yr.....Thoughts?

Leagues like this just scream Zero-RB strategy to me.

In this WR heavy setup, the RB spot is devalued a good bit so I prefer to make the strongest WR corp possible. You can find a few serviceable PPR RBs in round 5+ and you only need 1 to hit. Last season, only 6 of the top 20 flex players in my PPR league were RBs. (13 WRs and Gronk make up the rest). I'd advise loading up at WR in both the first 2 rounds.

Julio, Dez, and (depending on who's kept) a potential stud like Hopkins/Evans/Cooks would put you ahead of the curve in a league where i'm guessing the best teams usually have the best WRs.

edit: I agree that a monster year is coming for Julio.

I like Dumore Demarious or Julio as well. I believe DT will have more scores, but what I personally would look at would be who will be the more consistent week to week guy to put up solid numbers. I had julio last year in a PPR and one week its 10-12 pts maybe then he would get me 20 or better. And 2 of his 6 tds last year came in 1 game. Also i am not sure of the dependability of ATL run game this year. May have to throw alot. DT on the other hand, will probably be playing with a better run game which may hit is totals a bit. But that hasnt really mattered with Manning slinging the rock.