Sign in to follow this  
oldtimer

Would you rather have.....

I play in Dynasty Leagues and the S. Barkley stuff is getting flat out crazy. I have seen him traded for 3 premium players, two very good players and a first round rookie pick and even another top RB and two WR2's. Talk about the hype train leaving the building. I've been playing this game for 25 years and have never seen a rookie so in demand. Never.

That being said, and this is a topic on the message board of a league I'm in, which of these two groups would you rather have. I thought it was an easy decision, but now I'm not so sure.

Group A: DeAndre Hopkins on a roster that took 2nd place overall last season, but is in need of a running back, as the only two are Dalvin Cook and Alvin Kamara. Wr's are all WR2's outside of Hopkins.

Group B: The first overall pick in the rookie draft (Barkley), E. Sanders (WR Denver) and the #1 pick in the Devy Draft which gives you the #1 pick of any player in college football in 2019 (likely Bryce Love).

At first, I chose Hopkins. Now I'm second guessing that choice as a team loaded with Kamara, Cook, Barkley and Love would be unbelievable in a league where you can start 3 RB's.

What say you? The league is split as this is a trade that was offered to a guy in our league. Of the 12 owners, 7 voted to keep Hopkins.

I'm lost. What is the trade? The guy who owns Hopkins is trading him for the #1 rookie pick and #1 developmental draft pick?

I play in Dynasty Leagues and the S. Barkley stuff is getting flat out crazy. I have seen him traded for 3 premium players, two very good players and a first round rookie pick and even another top RB and two WR2's. Talk about the hype train leaving the building. I've been playing this game for 25 years and have never seen a rookie so in demand. Never.

That being said, and this is a topic on the message board of a league I'm in, which of these two groups would you rather have. I thought it was an easy decision, but now I'm not so sure.

Group A: DeAndre Hopkins on a roster that took 2nd place overall last season, but is in need of a running back, as the only two are Dalvin Cook and Alvin Kamara. Wr's are all WR2's outside of Hopkins.

Group B: The first overall pick in the rookie draft (Barkley), E. Sanders (WR Denver) and the #1 pick in the Devy Draft which gives you the #1 pick of any player in college football in 2019 (likely Bryce Love).

At first, I chose Hopkins. Now I'm second guessing that choice as a team loaded with Kamara, Cook, Barkley and Love would be unbelievable in a league where you can start 3 RB's.

What say you? The league is split as this is a trade that was offered to a guy in our league. Of the 12 owners, 7 voted to keep Hopkins.

Group B................... and not close for me.

I could see it being close for others AND the specific rule set is key to the valuation of the pieces.

In a league with deep rosters a player like Sanders could have strong value.................... whereas in a league that has short rosters or cuts to short off-season rosters, Sanders may not have that much value above the WW pool in dynasty terms.

Similarly true of that devy pick to some extent, depending on the specifics, could have a wide range of values.

Pretty sure if you think its crazy now prepare to be further shocked. Barkley is going to make the kind of wow plays that keep his exploits on the highlight reels from Day 1, thus continuously hyped regardless of whether his overall production initially warrants the values.

I have not seen a rookie RB have this much respect before he played a regular season NFL game since Edgerrin James.

I have not seen a rookie RB have this much respect before he played a regular season NFL game since Edgerrin James.

Cedric Benson :(

Group A. I normally go heavy on RBs, but Hopkins is a no-brainer over a rookie running back.