Sign in to follow this  
enoto

Best handcuff/ back up RB

Who is the best handcuff/ back up RB out there?

M Barber? (DAL)

Moats? (PHI)

Turner? (SD)

C Houston? Jets (what's martins status?)

Addai? (IND)

_______??????

i guess addai. but he is mostly being picked as a starter and i feel it will be rhodes yr this yr.

i also like greg jones, d.williams, maroney and on the Jets i currently like Blaylock to replace Martin this yr

Addai has the best upside, while I expect Barber to be the most consistent scorer.

Houston could be the biggest breakout of the group, but I'm not even sure he'd get the gig alone with Derrick Blaylock around as well.

Woo-hoo I see I've just gotten the "Geek" Label, where was the pomp and circumstance?!?

I already have M Barber and DeAngelo.

Good piont on Blaylock and the Jets. I picked up Houston with my last pick with the Martin issue but RBBC is probable there I suppose

Addai, Moats and Turner are still available as is Greg Jones (where does he play) Should I dump Houston for Addai, Jones, Moats, Turner or hold onto Houston? I'm leaning to Addai?

Woo-hoo I see I've just gotten the "Geek" Label, where was the pomp and circumstance?!?

I already have M Barber and DeAngelo.

Good piont on Blaylock and the Jets. I picked up Houston with my last pick with the Martin issue but RBBC is probable there I suppose

Addai, Moats and Turner are still available as is Greg Jones (where does he play) Should I dump Houston for Addai, Jones, Moats, Turner or hold onto Houston? I'm leaning to Addai?

even tho i think rhodes will be the best outa indy this yr i cant beleive addai went undrafted... grab him now!

p.s. jones is the backup to fragile fred in JAX

I'd grab Greg Jones if you have the room as well. He could definitely handle goal line duties, and looked pretty effective last year in his work. Fred will get hurt, and even if he isn't they've recently said that the running back situation there is wide open. Jones could emerge the starter before long.

To make room I need to drop some people.

Who?

C. Houston?

A. Brooks? I still have Delhomme, Brees

Kaeding (K)?

I'm thinking Kaeding (a dime a dozen that can easily be replaced or repicked after pre season) and if I want Jones AND Addai i'm thinking Brooks to keep Houston option till the real season.

You just really don't need 3 QBs. I hate to put any of those on waivers though. How big is this league?

And is Kaeding a 2nd kicker, or is he your only kicker? If you are holding two kickers and defenses, you need to get rid of them, and stack your RB depth, especially with those guys on waivers.

My team start QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,RB/WR,TE,DEF,D Player and K

QB- Delhomme, Brooks,Brees

RB- SA, L Jodan,R Brown, C Taylor, D Williams, M Barber, C Houston

WR- T.O., Boldin, R Williams, Burleson, D Hall (big pionts as a returner)

TE- Cooley, Witten

K- Kaeding

DEF- Seattle

D Player- Vilma

8 Teams

Reports out of JAX are saying that Greg Jones may start and get the bulk of the carries. I would imagine that would make him a great handcuff.

fanball.com: 08/10 12:41 Jaguars: Taylor no lock to start

THE NEWS

Just because Fred Taylor has been the Jaguars' starting running back doesn't mean he's guaranteed that job for 2006. "Last year, certainly, Fred was our blue-chip bell cow, the guy we were going to hand the ball to," Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio told the Florida Times-Union. "When he wasn't there, we gave it to Greg [Jones], and he did a good job with that opportunity. If everything went according to the way we anticipate, it would be the same [as last season], but we're going to see. Where we have legitimate competition, we're going to play the best guys who give us a chance to be successful. You can pick your fantasy team any way you want. The guys who make plays, we're going to give more plays so they can make more of them."

Our View

This is shaping up to be another case where the coach goes with the hot hand, which suggests fantasy owners should either handcuff Taylor to Jones or avoid the situation entirely. Jones has been impressive during camp, and it wouldn't be at all surprising to see him bump Taylor aside for significant carries; if you must have a Jaguar back, he's the one you'll want to grab.

I'd like to know how you ended up with:

SA, Lamont Jordan, Ronnie Brown, TO, Boldin and Roy Williams all on the same team??

Is there a bunch of tards in your league? Can I join? Is this like a 4 team league?

You mean to tell me between your 1st and 2nd pick that Jordan and Ronnie Brown was still there? And then in the 4th round TO was there? I call BS.

I'd like to know how you ended up with:

SA, Lamont Jordan, Ronnie Brown, TO, Boldin and Roy Williams all on the same team??

Is there a bunch of tards in your league? Can I join? Is this like a 4 team league?

You mean to tell me between your 1st and 2nd pick that Jordan and Ronnie Brown was still there? And then in the 4th round TO was there? I call BS.

Must have grabbed Chester Taylor in the 7th :clap:

Soprano's....It's an 8 team league that went QB happy the 1st 2 rounds with 6 QB's taken which makes it easy to get the 3 RB's, they stayed away from T.O. with his issues, Willaims is not that far off at the 5th round and Boldin just slipped through. And Chester was in the 8th. If you want to judge the rest of the league's teams view my "Judge this League" post that I will bump to the top so you can find it.