Sign in to follow this  
gator9782

rate this team

hey, new to the boards here. was browsing around looking for some football boards with some knowledgeable members, and you guys seemed to have a handle on what you are talking about. so i would like to say hi and hope everyone has successful seasons in their respective leagues. anyways, i figured since i seen some other people posting their teams for analysis, i would do the same. so if anyone out there that has more knowledge than me, probably a lot of you, and sees something i should change or try to add, give me some advice.

here is my team, if you want the stats that count, let me know and ill post them as well, but it is a 10 team league head to head

QB:

m. hasselbeck, j. plummer

WR:

r. moss, d. branch, a. johnson

RB:

l. jordan, s. jackson

TE:

j. witten

BENCH:

t. jones (rb)

d. carr (qb)

m. bell (rb)

b. volek (qb)

d. bennett (wr)

t. houshmandzadeh (wr)

b. troupe (te)

KICKERS:

j. elam, j. kasey

DEFENSIVE PLAYERS

D- j. taylor

D- j. peppers

D- r. barber

DB- r. williams

DB- g. wilson

DL- m. strahan

DL- a. schobel

BN- t. suggs

Welcome!! I just joined a couple weeks ago and really like it...though it is a time suck and i probably spend too much time here.

I like your starters at QB, RB and TE and WR's are o.k. could be deeper

Bench is just ok Voleck is interesting esp since you have 3 other QB's, Bell could be a good RB if he gets to be the starter.

What do you start?

League size?

What WR and RB are available?

Welcome!! I just joined a couple weeks ago and really like it...though it is a time suck and i probably spend too much time here.

I like your starters at QB, RB and TE and WR's are o.k. could be deeper

Bench is just ok Voleck is interesting esp since you have 3 other QB's, Bell could be a good RB if he gets to be the starter.

What do you start?

League size?

What WR and RB are available?

in defense to the volek pick, it was after i drafted carr as my 3rd, and i was stupid when i did so because i didnt check the bye week like i should have, and he has the same by week as one of my starters, so i took volek to take care of that problem. given that i have 4 starting qbs now, i figure i can use them as leverage if someone has a qb injury and needs a starter and make a deal for something i seem to be lacking at that point. to answer the other questions, we start 2 qb, 3 wr, 2 rb, 1 te, 2 k, 3 d, 2 db, 2 dl. league size is 10 teams, and here is what is available for wr and rb (ill post the top 10 for each, both projected and actual from ly):

WR

projected

N. Burleson

(Sea - WR)

I. Bruce

(StL - WR)

K. Curtis

(StL - WR)

B. Lloyd

(Was - WR)

A. Bryant

(SF - WR)

D. Givens

(Ten - WR)

A. Toomer

(NYG - WR)

E. Wilford

(Jac - WR)

C. Rogers

(Det - WR)

M. Jenkins

(Atl - WR)

actual from ly

Ji. Smith

(Jac - WR) NA

A. Toomer

(NYG - WR)

K. Curtis

(StL - WR)

E. Wilford

(Jac - WR)

A. Bryant

(SF - WR)

B. Lloyd

(Was - WR)

Ma. Robinson

(Min - WR)

A. Chatman

(Cin - WR)

C. Henry

(Cin - WR)

C. Bradford

(Det - WR)

forgot the rb's

projected

C. Martin

(NYJ - RB) NA

R. Dayne

(Den - RB)

L. Maroney

(NE - RB)

K. Barlow

(SF - RB)

C. Perry

(Cin - RB)

M. Moore

(Min - RB)

B. Jacobs

(NYG - RB)

D. Staley

(Pit - RB)

T. Duckett

(Atl - RB)

C. Houston

(NYJ - RB)

actual from ly

M. Moore

(Min - RB)

T. Duckett

(Atl - RB)

M. Barber

(Dal - RB)

M. Alstott

(TB - RB)

M. Sellers

(Was - RB)

K. Barlow

(SF - RB)

M. Bennett

(KC - RB)

K. Johnson

(Den - RB)

B. Jacobs

(NYG - RB)

A. Smith

(Hou - RB)

I would look into Burleson, Wilford and Robinson (I think he could be pretty decent,I'm a homer though)

Also for RB M. Barber and Maroney.

Obviously you don't have to, but keep in mind at least down the line if injuries occur.

What does projected and actual mean

I would look into Burleson, Wilford and Robinson (I think he could be pretty decent,I'm a homer though)

Also for RB M. Barber and Maroney.

Obviously you don't have to, but keep in mind at least down the line if injuries occur.

What does projected and actual mean

its a yahoo league, and they have a projected player ranking that they come up with, god only knows how since it rarely holds true in any shape or form, and actual is just how the players actually ranked at the end of last season. i figured i would put both on there given that both ways yeild different results. burleson is someone that i do have my eye on already, and i may pick him up given that i have hasselbeck as my qb. if they develop a good chemistry it makes for a nice combo. have to decide that quickly though because he is only available due to the fact that right after the draft someone dropped him. i do have top waiver priority so if i want him he is mine. maroney and barber i will keep my eyes on as well, especially maroney. if dillion lacks this season like he did last season i wouldnt be surprised to see him start getting more touches as season progresses.