Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Pit bulls: loaded weapon or misunderstood?

Well, I think we can safely close out another chapter of the Digby is a dumbsh!t story.

It really does write itself.

The book ended on the Vudu is a douchey poosy waaay longer ago :wave:

In my opininon you take a ton of unwarranted crap from others here in so many other threads. I gotta say though, you deserve every bit of whats flying at you in this thread.

Yep.

Yep.

Face it bud. You started talking sh1t then got smacked around and couldn't handle it. Now we know you're a frightened little mouse who pisses his pants over the sight of a dog. As I said before, cows kill an average of 20 people a year. You better start running next time you see one! Just another thing to add to Vudus list of fears right next to the dark and the monster in the closet :lol:

Face it bud. You started talking sh1t then got smacked around and couldn't handle it. Now we know you're a frightened little mouse who pisses his pants over the sight of a dog. As I said before, cows kill an average of 20 people a year. You better start running next time you see one! Just another thing to add to Vudus list of fears right next to the dark and the monster in the closet :lol:

Keep telling yourself that sis. Just like all your lies, you'll believe it someday.

Keep telling yourself that sis. Just like all your lies, you'll believe it someday.

God wasted a perfectly good a$$hole when he put teeth in your mouth

I hate pit bulls. They scare the out of me. If I see one coming at me, I am afraid. I refuse to EVER own one. If I know you own one I will likely never come to your house.

Sorry. I do NOT like those dogs and I don't care how "nice" you tell me yours is. Nope. And my kids aren't getting any where NEAR one either.

Face it you don't even have to own one of these dogs to have it impact your life. There are plenty of examples where one has gotten loose from it's owner (even if it's a good owner) and it injuring or killing someone.

I hate pit bulls. They scare the ###### out of me. If I see one coming at me, I am afraid. I refuse to EVER own one. If I know you own one I will likely never come to your house.

Sorry. I do NOT like those dogs and I don't care how "nice" you tell me yours is. Nope. And my kids aren't getting any where NEAR one either.

Have you a bad experience?

Have you a bad experience?

Nope. I don't really need or want to have one.

Honestly I can't blame y'all for not wanting to own one and being cautious around one. Any big dog, especially ones like Pits, Dobermans, rotts, etc are known to attack people and can seriously hurt you. I just find it retarded and hypocritical to call someone stupid for owning one. I would never own one and am always a little cautious around my friends Pits but I haven't seen anything but a standard dog who loves to be petted and played with.

If you have small kids and a pit, you might not be stupid, but you better watch that focking dog. I've seen too many videos about "Oh! Look at how cute the baby is next to the doggy!" And for whatever reason, that dog decides to turn on the child.

People in general have NO idea what dog signals and communications are. I can tell when my dog is happy, upset, nervous, etc. When someone is bothering her, or when she's just not too sure about a situation. I'd never leave her with a baby alone, and she's a trained lab.

There is a video of a dog being poked, prodded and having it's tail pulled by a small child, I'd guess 3. The dog is showing his teeth, clearly angry. The mother is filming it saying, "OMG, look! He's smiling! He loves that you're playing with him." This dog is literally ready to snap and will likely end up euthanized because the parent/adult was being focking stupid, not to mention the damage potentially done to the child.

Honestly I can't blame y'all for not wanting to own one and being cautious around one. Any big dog, especially ones like Pits, Dobermans, rotts, etc are known to attack people and can seriously hurt you. I just find it retarded and hypocritical to call someone stupid for owning one. I would never own one and am always a little cautious around my friends Pits but I haven't seen anything but a standard dog who loves to be petted and played with.

Make up your mind twatwaffle.

Which is it? What you posted above, or this from your first post in the thread?

Completely misunderstood. Pit bulls are actually a very nice breed of dog.

Make up your mind twatwaffle.

Which is it? What you posted above, or this from your first post in the thread?

Completely misunderstood. Pit bulls are actually a very nice breed of dog.

Please refer to my last reply to you :wave:

That's my question. I cannot logically or emotionally understand why a person would own a pit bull.

I'll make an analogy pulling in the "what kind of tire to buy" thread also on page 1.

There are 50 different kinds of tires a person in the market can buy. And even when you filter by price / type, you still have at least a dozen options. Let's say there was a tire that was known (statistically speaking) to have blow outs more than all the others (combined). I mean the odds are it probably won't happen but this tire is the far worst at rupturing while driving which is a safety hazard.

At what logical point does one come to the decision to purchase that tire over the dozen or so other options?

I can't for the life of me understand. Go get a Boxer, a Lab, English Bulldog, a freaking German Shepard if you are looking for protection, whatever, any one of the other 50 or so available options. :dunno:

you are assuming everyone believes they are more dangerous

you are assuming everyone believes they are more dangerous

You can't believe or not believe a fact. A fact is a fact. Pit bulls are more dangerous. This is not disputed.

You can't believe or not believe a fact. A fact is a fact. Pit bulls are more dangerous. This is not disputed.

i haven't stated my personal opinion, but some people think they aren't inherently dangerous - that the fault lies in their owners. Moreover, the absolute risk is small, and each individual needs to decide how much risk is acceptable.

i haven't stated my personal opinion, but some people think they aren't inherently dangerous - that the fault lies in their owners. Moreover, the absolute risk is small, and each individual needs to decide how much risk is acceptable.

How much risk is acceptable when the attacks are rarely on the owner?

How much risk is acceptable when the attacks are rarely on the owner?

I don't know. And I'll never own another pit. But it is up to the prospective owner.

To make a comparison many can relate to, how many drinks are acceptable before you get behind the wheel? Personally, I can't understand why anyone would ever risk it, just like KSB and other can't imagine owning a pit bull. Yet I'd be willing to bet more than a few of you have driven when you've had too many, despite the risk to yourself and others. Even children!

I don't think you have a good grasp on how risk assessment works. The chances of the general population being attacked by a pit bull are small. Those chances increase when you are near one. Get it?

I don't think you have a good grasp on how risk assessment works. The chances of the general population being attacked by a pit bull are small. Those chances increase when you are near one. Get it?

The chance is small, even if exposed to a pit bull. Small enough that some people are willing to risk it.

The chance is small, even if exposed to a pit bull. Small enough that some people are willing to risk it.

The risk is spread to others whether they like it or not. Pit bulls are allowed to be in public and are you know, animals that can't always be controlled. Sometimes they get loose or don't listen.

The risk is spread to others whether they like it or not. Pit bulls are allowed to be in public and are you know, animals that can't always be controlled. Sometimes they get loose or don't listen.

See my drunk driving comparison. People make decisions which put others at risk.

"In the 11-year period of 2005 through 2015, canines killed 360 Americans. Pit bulls contributed to 64% (232) of these deaths. Combined, pit bulls and rottweilers contributed to 76% of the total recorded deaths."

"34 U.S. dog bite-related fatalities occurred in 2015. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 700 U.S. cities, pit bulls contributed to 82% (28) of these deaths. Pit bulls make up about 6.6% of the total U.S. dog population." (Odd parallel about a small fraction of a population committing the most violent acts)

"Annual data from 2015 shows that 41% (14) of the fatality victims were children ages 9-years and younger, and 59% (20) were adults, ages 22-years and older. Of the total adults killed by canines in 2015, 65% (13) were ages 60-years and older." (Seriously, can you imagine the horror those kids went through?)

"Together, pit bulls (28) and rottweilers (3), the second most lethal dog breed, accounted for 91% of the total recorded deaths in 2015. This same combination also accounted for 76% of all fatal attacks during the the 11 year period from 2005-2015."

http://www.dogsbite.org/

Something to think about for those that want to own these animals. Not all attacks are viewed as criminal however, some are. Would you be willing to go to jail for 10 years or get sued for everything you have just to own one?

Pit bulls are FUGLY.

As the parent of small, moving prey, I have no use for them whatsoever.

I 100% believe it is a factor of the owners and the demograph that thinks it is cool to have them. My friends own one and she is the sweetest dog ever

I 100% believe it is a factor of the owners and the demograph that thinks it is cool to have them. My friends own one and she is the sweetest dog ever

I'm sure most of them are nice until they're not.

Bad owners = bad dogs. Any breed

You could say the same thing about so many things. But...look at the facts based on stats and your eye balls.

Anytime the facts are posted, you'll have some focking retard announce "Yeahhh...but actually....Poodles are more dangerous than pit bulls......"

And someone always "knows someone" who doesn't fit the norm.

"I Know a person with a pit bull and he is just the friendliest dog on the planet!"

"I know a person that smoked 4 packs a day for 40 years and they are healthier than anyone I know"

"I know a person that would have died had they wore their seatbelt! Its a good thing they weren't wearing their seatbelt!"

Which leads me to this:

Why are we having this discussion? Why did the TS use pit bulls in his headline? Why didn't he use Golden Retrievers in his headline? Why not? Why isn't he wondering if Golden Retrievers are a loaded weapon?

Ohhhhh....wait. LOL. Everyone in world got together and had a secret meeting and said "Hey, lets pick a dog or two, and and create some lie about them and just keep carrying out that lie for years and years. Let's really stick it to that one breed!"

Why did they choose Rotweilers and Pit Bulls? LOL

Duh. there's your answer.

Pit Bulls are loyal to their owners to a fault. That's where a lot of the problems start, in my opinion.

Pit Bulls are loyal to their owners to a fault. That's where a lot of the problems start, in my opinion.

sometimes they like to kill their owners
  • Like 1

To an extent. But a dipfock owner couldn't teach a golden retriever or greyhound to attack a human if he tried. Hence why certain dogs are not used as guard dogs.

Yes, I think there is the possibility of a pit being a great dog that will let little kids tackle it etc.

But its a fock of a lot less likely. Same with teen drivers. Its a given they are a higher risk. Fock. No one screams discrimination at the insurance companies when the premium is higher for teens.. Its "accepted" as fact. Cuz, well, stats say it is a fact. Same goes certain varieties of dogs. And humans. Certain breeds are more likely to commit violent crimes. Its the way it is.

This woman I know has a little dog that runs around on a run out back. Maybe 20lb dog. 2 weeks ago a pit from up the street I guess got loose and came over and attacked the dog. Punctured its mid section bad and focked up a rib or 2. From what I know the Pit owners are pretty regular owners. Maybe not near great trainers and owners, but not your run of the mill idiots.

All the Pits ive been around have been real nice dogs. But they are risky. And the general population that likes to own them does not help. I wouldnt own one.