Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Pit bulls: loaded weapon or misunderstood?

Ok my second amendment fans. How bout this law.

Lose your right To own a firearm (by becoming a felon) you cant own a pit bull or other dangerous breeds either.

Lose your right To own a firearm (by becoming a felon) you cant own a pit bull or other dangerous breeds either.

Sure....or vote

So now this nasty breed has affected me in my own life. My Mom was picking up her dog (Labradoodle) and on the way into the place of business a woman who was leaving with her... wait for it... ptbull just bit my mom right in the hand and she had to go to the hospital and get stitches and apparently is bleeding pretty bad until she got to the hospital. I said she should sue the Fock of the woman, the business and make sure the POS dog doesnt make it to the end of February.

Oh and 36Cish, before one of you focks asks. ;)

Sounds like your mom is about to come into some Bitcoin of her own. :banana:

:bench:

That already is the law, although honestly I think that should be changed.

Why? Do we let convicted felons resume all their other rights? Why the emphasis on voting?

Why? Do we let convicted felons resume all their other rights? Why just voting?

The only rights they really lose are bearing arms and voting. And they waive certain 4th amendment rights temporarily as condition of parole.

I guess I feel that if we truly think they are rehabilitated, they should regain their rights as citizens.

If they arent rehabilitated, they shouldnt be let out in the first place.

I mean you get a felony pop for drugs or something as a 19 year old, do a year or two, and you never get to vote again? Even when your 70? Doesnt seem right.

Now I know people would say thats a Democrat scheme for votes, but just how I see it.

Why discriminate? Just say they can't own a dog of any kind. It will achieve the same end.

The only rights they really lose are bearing arms and voting. And they waive certain 4th amendment rights temporarily as condition of parole.

I guess I feel that if we truly think they are rehabilitated, they should regain their rights as citizens.

If they arent rehabilitated, they shouldnt be let out in the first place.

I mean you get a felony pop for drugs or something as a 19 year old, do a year or two, and you never get to vote again? Even when your 70? Doesnt seem right.

Now I know people would say thats a Democrat scheme for votes, but just how I see it.

So they can join the military, work with children and everything else?

Good point. I dont know about the military. I would imagine in ordinary circumstances, no.

Working with kids probably depends on what kind of felony were talking about. Tax evasion vs. kiddie diddling and whatnot.

Its a good start, but theres still a whole subset of people out there that are seemingly normal but love pits and rotts.

They are the no such thing as a bad dog, only bad owners crowd.

I was always a pit bull hater. BIGLY against them. About 6 months ago my daughter told me she was bringing home a lab english bulldog mix. After checking out that mix online. OK :dunno:

What she ended up with was a 100 percent American Staffordshire Terrier. I , she cried, the dog stayed :dunno: We are about 6 months in with her. I gotta say, she is the smartest dog out of the 4 we have. 2 chihuahuas and a lab border collie mix. She's well behaved, playful , loving as all get out and gets along great with the other dogs. I've grown to love this damn dog. She has been well socialized with people and other dogs as well. All that said, because of the breed , there is no chance I would let her around small kids or go unleashed outside.

I was always a pit bull hater. BIGLY against them. About 6 months ago my daughter told me she was bringing home a lab english bulldog mix. After checking out that mix online. OK :dunno:

What she ended up with was a 100 percent American Staffordshire Terrier. I ######, she cried, the dog stayed :dunno: We are about 6 months in with her. I gotta say, she is the smartest dog out of the 4 we have. 2 chihuahuas and a lab border collie mix. She's well behaved, playful , loving as all get out and gets along great with the other dogs. I've grown to love this damn dog. She has been well socialized with people and other dogs as well. All that said, because of the breed , there is no chance I would let her around small kids or go unleashed outside.

Congrats. You are now the proud owner of a furry ticking time bomb.

Im sure the neighbors are happy you have a dog you won't let around kids.

Congrats. You are now the proud owner of a furry ticking time bomb.

With a good depilatory, his daughter doesn't have to be that furry.

• Like 1

If I had to choose between a gun and a pit bull in my house, I'll take the gun. At least the only way the gun kills me is if I do something really focking stupid.

Maybe I'm a poosay, but I'm not comfortable around large dogs. (I mean Dobbies, Rotties, Pitts, German Shepards, etc. not Labs and such.)

I had a chick law school that had a german shepherd. It had some sort of hip problem, was in some pain, and was going to have to be put down shortly.

That focking dog hated men. All men. I went to her house once, and the dog was pacing back and forth, growling menacingly, just staring at me. She went back to the bedroom and told me to join her. I told her I wasn't moving a focking muscle until she put that dog somewhere. I figure if I went into her bedroom and touched her that dog would focking kill me.

Dogs have a keen 6th sense. This wasn't a men thing this was a You thing. The dog knew.

I know it gets Twitchy when you start making generalizations about races , but:

From my experience, otherwise perfectly good normal minority families tend to just have an entirely different point of view when it comes to dogs. One of the girls I dated in high school was freaking brilliant the parents were both professionals they were upper-middle-class to be sure, but the parents were also first generation immigrants from Mexico. Every dog they had was really more of a appliance than a family member. I saw the same thing with black friends and definitely Asian friends. They thought white people were crazy and I thought they were heartless. They're probably more right than I was.

Im sure the neighbors are happy you have a dog you won't let around kids.

They like the dog :dunno:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5787978/zookeeper-savaged-eaten-alive-tiger-china-zoo/

A parallel for those saying it's how you raise them i.e. the owners.

This trainer raised this cub since it was a cub. He still got eaten. Why? Because the instincts of the animal overrode the love it was shown.

Can you risk it with yours' or others' loved ones? Or even monetarily....the liability?

I know it gets Twitchy when you start making generalizations about races , but:

From my experience, otherwise perfectly good normal minority families tend to just have an entirely different point of view when it comes to dogs. One of the girls I dated in high school was freaking brilliant the parents were both professionals they were upper-middle-class to be sure, but the parents were also first generation immigrants from Mexico. Every dog they had was really more of a appliance than a family member. I saw the same thing with black friends and definitely Asian friends. They thought white people were crazy and I thought they were heartless. They're probably more right than I was.

A buddy of mines grandmother was visiting from Germany. I remember him telling me. She couldn't even believe they let their dog in house. Never mind the fact that they loved the animal as much as they did. Let him on the couch. Gave him kisses.

It was completely foreign to her. Flat out didn't understand it.

A buddy of mines grandmother was visiting from Germany. I remember him telling me. She couldn't even believe they let their dog in house. Never mind the fact that they loved the animal as much as they did. Let him on the couch. Gave him kisses.

It was completely foreign to her. Flat out didn't understand it.

My grandparents and great grandparents on both sides were farmers and always had many dogs and cats in their lifetimes.

They never once allowed a cat or dog in the house for any reason.

They were great, fun, loyal animals, but they always lived outside and/or in a barn.

They had no concept of cat litter, leashes, store bought pet food, doggie chew toys or any of the stuff now available for purchase from the trillion dollar pet industry.

My grandparents and great grandparents on both sides were farmers and always had many dogs and cats in their lifetimes.

They never once allowed a cat or dog in the house for any reason.

They were great, fun, loyal animals, but they always lived outside and/or in a barn.

They had no concept of cat litter, leashes, store bought pet food, doggie chew toys or any of the stuff now available for purchase from the trillion dollar pet industry.

Oh, I believe it. My grandfather used to tell me his dog as a kid used to get whatever was left after dinner. They grew up poor. The dog got mostly chicken and turkey bones.

I remember being like WTF? You can't do that. His response was, that's all they had.

• Like 1

Pet people (those who think them as fellow humans or even more important than humans) are retarded. Pitbull dog people are super retarded.

I've never thought of this but during a time of war it might not be a bad idea to allow prisoners with a lengthy record of good behavior to be released to boot camp and sent overseas to serve in exchange for a reduced sentence.

Where did the "Pitbulls are mean fockers" stereotype come from in the first place?

Did a bunch of people get together and decided to "try to make pitbulls look bad?"

What were these peoples motives? Politcal? Monetary?

Stereotypes are real. They become stereotypes because they are real. Same with looters, same with amish, native americans, eastern indians, Paki's....no one sat up at night and said "Hey...lets make some sh#t up about groups, announce it, and hope it spreads".

• Like 1

Where did the "Pitbulls are mean fockers" stereotype come from in the first place?

Did a bunch of people get together and decided to "try to make pitbulls look bad?"

What were these peoples motives? Politcal? Monetary?

Stereotypes are real. They become stereotypes because they are real. Same with looters, same with amish, native americans, eastern indians, Paki's....no one sat up at night and said "Hey...lets make some sh#t up about groups, announce it, and hope it spreads".

They were originally bred in the UK to do one thing and one thing only which was fight in blood sports. People that own them are focking stupid.

• Like 1

I've never thought of this but during a time of war it might not be a bad idea to allow prisoners with a lengthy record of good behavior to be released to boot camp and sent overseas to serve in exchange for a reduced sentence.

Sure. Why not?

Lee Marvin, Jim Brown, Tele Savales, Donald Sutherland and Charles Bronson all did it.

• Like 1

Oh, I believe it. My grandfather used to tell me his dog as a kid used to get whatever was left after dinner. They grew up poor. The dog got mostly chicken and turkey bones.

I remember being like WTF? You can't do that. His response was, that's all they had.

Yep. Those dogs ate all manner of slop and every type of bone you could imagine. I guess they were lucky they never choked and died.

They never went to a vet, got shots, or got groomed. And, they rode in the bed of a pickup truck all the time.

My family has an outside dog..beagle mix. Has a 10x15 kennel. Never been to vet..lives on dog food and table scraps. I get him a flea collar every summer. Im allergic to dogs or he would be in the house. Damn thing is 14. I stuff his house full of straw in the winter. I do have a tarp over his house to keep out snow and rain. Majes it easier to clean

• Like 1

I have a buddy who had a pit bull for years that recently died. Never had an incident with it and he's since replaced it with another. He's been dating a woman who has a couple kids (I think like 10 years old or so) and they're moving in together. I've tried asking him why he would get another pit bull when considering moving in with a woman and her kids. 'They're great dogs. They're bad a$$ man'......

SMH...............