Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Deodorant

So about six months ago I started getting a rash under my armpits from my deodorant. I assume its part of the transition or something. Anyway I tried some of this hippy dippy toms of Maine stuff and while it was far more effective at letting my natural manly musk shine through it did not do anything to help the rash.

Anyone else had this problem? Whats the secret? I tried rubbing some vagisil on it of course but no results yet

Stop using a woman's razor to shave your armpits

• Like 1

Gross, good luck with that... j/k.. :wave:

I use Old Spice, never had any issues. The clear kind, not that white bullshiot,

Speedstick used to light my pits up as a teenager though..

I use Old Spice, never had any issues. The clear kind, not that white bullshiot,

Found speedstick spray in the locker room one time I was having a bad pit day.

Sprayed that sh1t on my armpits and I think someone pulled the fire alarm, as I let up in flames.

I tried to move away from the aluminum based deodorants a while back and the Tom's from Maine stuff was tried. It sucked. I went back to aluminum and don't have rashes as much, smell clean and apparently will be dying from armpit cancer at some point soon. :dunno:

So about six months ago I started getting a rash under my armpits from my deodorant. I assume its part of the transition or something.

You're transitioning?

the best way to keep all those chemicals away from your skin is to use women's menstrual pads. They're really convenient. They have tape on each side that you can affix to your bicep and torso and just let those suckers soak up the sweat the rest of the day.

Dove for men...white stick non-irritant.

Works fine and no rash.

Had issues with some of the stronger cheap crap a few years ago with redness and almost a burn feeling.

I used to find that shower to shower deodorant talc was by far the best way to go.

But then, I started seeing all those commercials for class action lawsuits for people who use that kind of stuff.

I didn't even know that I could get cervical cancer.

Arm and Hammer makes one without aluminum that doesnt irritate. But its not as effective as the aluminum ones.

Thankfully, my wife likes the way I smell.

Everybody else can suck my stank.

I tried to move away from the aluminum based deodorants a while back and the Tom's from Maine stuff was tried. It sucked. I went back to aluminum and don't have rashes as much, smell clean and apparently will be dying from armpit cancer at some point soon. :dunno:

Deodorant doesn't have aluminum, antiperspirant does. Try deodorant.

I had that problem several years ago (Speedstick, I think).

Switched to Degree and haven't had any issues since.

Deodorant doesn't have aluminum, antiperspirant does. Try deodorant.

I want both. I don't want to be that guy in a meeting who has huge pit wetness.

Probably just a sensitivity to the brand. I had the same problem with old spice. It was burning the absolute fock out of my armpits. What I learned is I was putting too much on. I was slithering it, like 2 passes per pit. So I do one lite pass, haven't had an issue really. That was the swagger. The ones that aren't as strong, they don't really bother me

Probably just a sensitivity to the brand. I had the same problem with old spice. It was burning the absolute fock out of my armpits. What I learned is I was putting too much on. I was slithering it, like 2 passes per pit. So I do one lite pass, haven't had an issue really. That was the swagger. The ones that aren't as strong, they don't really bother me

This. On occasion I'll start to have a bit of a rash. Just use a bit less and it takes care of it.

I'd rather mask the natural scent instead of trying to block it. If you sweat a lot, drink more cold water which should help with huge sweaty pits.

Stay away from caffeine too. That stuff makes me sweat a lot.

Old spice is the way to go. I usually do either the pure sport kind or the fresh kind.

I'd rather mask the natural scent instead of trying to block it. If you sweat a lot, drink more cold water which should help with huge sweaty pits.

I am just fine with my non-smelly, dry armpits. Why would I change?

Is it difficult to be perfect at everything you do every day? Man, must be nice. :doublethumbsup:

Dove for men...white stick non-irritant.

Works fine and no rash.

Same, Clean Comfort scent. I didn't pick it for the non-irritant, I just liked the light smell. :dunno:

Agreed. Plus I've never had a problem with pit rash...

... except this one time, I woke up with weird rashes running down from my pits, I thought I had lymph node cancer or sumfin'. I called a doctor buddy of mine and told him about it, the convo went like this:

Doc: Have you bought and worn any new shirts recently?

Me: Yeah. :huh:

Doc: Did you wash them before you wore them?

Me: No... why?

Apparently some wrinkle-free clothes use formaldehyde to maintain their smoothness, which can cause rashes. :thumbsup:

Baking soda. Brush my teeth with it too.

I would think that the baking soda from your pits might be smelly for brushing your teeth. :dunno:

• Like 2

I would think that the baking soda from your pits might be smelly for brushing your teeth. :dunno:

Boo. F

Boo. F

I chuckled. I have brushed with baking soda and peroxide but how do you use baking soda as a deodorant?

I imagine the hardcore manly geeks here think deodorant is a womanly and liberal thing to use. They just go without or use arm and hammer baking soda only.

I imagine the hardcore manly geeks here think deodorant is a womanly and liberal thing to use. They just go without or use arm and hammer baking soda only.

Only when on the moon

I chuckled. I have brushed with baking soda and peroxide but how do you use baking soda as a deodorant?

Don't you worry about it Mary. You just stick with your perfumes and tampons.

I can be your life coach if you want.

See? Sense of humor..there are many here who could learn from you Master.

• Like 1

Don't you worry about it Mary. You just stick with your perfumes and tampons.

I googled it, you big meanie.

So you walk around with a baking soda paste in your pits? I bet that feels nice.

I googled it, you big meanie.

So you walk around with a baking soda paste in your pits? I bet that feels nice.

I thought you were the guy with the good sense of humor? That must be another guy.

Speaking of baking soda, I cleaned a silver necklace with it last night. You put tin foil, boiling water and baking soda in a bowl. It creates a chemical reaction and it actually worked.

I'd keep tin foil away from your pits on a hot summer day. Just an fyi.