Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

online girl meets guy thing

Is it OK to compliment or should it be avoided?

I need to respond back to a girl who wrote me back apologizing for messing up and not getting back to me (after I called her out on it).

I think she's the most interesting and prettiest girl on the dating website.

I have decided to write the following first sentence in a response, either:

It’s OK. I’m sure you’re overwhelmed by messages being the most intriguing and prettiest girl on an online dating website, and thought my message might have gotten lost in all the messages you are getting.

or

It’s OK. I’m sure you’re overwhelmed by messages.

What do you geeks think is a better way to go?

Catfish

If you go with the first one, you might as well gift wrap your balls and give them to her now.

i like how the 2 responses are pasted in (different font)

i can picture psycho boy writing them a thousand times (ala all work and no play makes jack a dull boy) and reading them over and over to see how they sound

She is def being overwhelmed by messages so just go with the short and sweet bottom one and hope to catch her on the hook. But you need a followup sentence to catch her eye. compliment the least complimented part about her that you can see, it will look like you notice things other guys dont. Then message 50 other girls cuz its a numbers game. Get fixed on one at a time and its a recipe for letdown.

Tell he if she's truly sorry, she should suck your d1ck. :banana:

Tell her it's OK and ask her if there is any tread left on the tire for you.

Awful. You called her out and she apologized, so you have hand. Why would you go and give her the power back by implying you are one of a zillion guys she is talking to? :dunno:

Awful. You called her out and she apologized, so you have hand. Why would you go and give her the power back by implying you are one of a zillion guys she is talking to? :dunno:

Because I thought my last relationship might have failed because I almost never complimented her or showed affection.

She is def being overwhelmed by messages so just go with the short and sweet bottom one and hope to catch her on the hook. But you need a followup sentence to catch her eye. compliment the least complimented part about her that you can see, it will look like you notice things other guys dont. Then message 50 other girls cuz its a numbers game. Get fixed on one at a time and its a recipe for letdown.

I'm really particular and she is the reason I signed up for the dating website. I only wrote her and 3 other girls.

I'm thinking of writing this to her:

Hi <her name>, I’m <my name>. I like the unique way you have the sunlight show in your photos, especially on the airboat! It's almost artistic, even if by accident.

I grew up on a lake 10 minutes west of <my hometown>. I’m into boating and water-skiing, and fishing too, as well as movies, music, sports, and going out. It seems we have a lot in common. I’m looking for something real.

The <lounge bar> is a cool fun place to go for drinks with good company; I haven’t been there in a while.

Suicide Squad film looks to be really fascinating, and cool, what do you know about it?

I'm really particular and she is the reason I signed up for the dating website. I only wrote her and 3 other girls.

Hi <her name>, I’m <my name>. I grew up on a lake 10 minutes west of <my hometown>. I’m into boating and water-skiing, and fishing too, as well as movies, music, sports, and going out. It seems we have a lot in common. I’m looking for something real. The <lounge bar> is a cool fun place to go for drinks with good company; I haven’t been there in a while.

Suicide Squad film looks to be really fascinating, and cool, what do you know about it?

If you post your and her pictures, we could help you much more effectively.

Hi <her name>, I’m <my name>. I grew up on a lake 10 minutes west of <my hometown>. I’m into boating and water-skiing, and fishing too, as well as movies, music, sports, and going out. It seems we have a lot in common. I’m looking for something real.

I can actually dig it, altho others will say its lame. This kind of thing is what some women want, they dont need the song and dance or to be impressed. Leave out the movie bit, the rest is enough. Its simple and to the point, plus you know if she responds to it that it has potential to lead directly to some kind of low impact date like sushi or coffee, something like that. the thing is, get prepared to get more detailed if need be, since those things you listed are things that everyone lists and likes. Its like women, 100% of their profiles will say they love music and hiking even tho they hiked once when they were 12 and listen to katy perry. But the point is to emphasize that common interests are important to you and your not there just to flirt.

I can actually dig it, altho others will say its lame. This kind of thing is what some women want, they dont need the song and dance or to be impressed. Leave out the movie bit, the rest is enough. Its simple and to the point, plus you know if she responds to it that it has potential to lead directly to some kind of low impact date like sushi or coffee, something like that.

Thanks. She likes sushi and coffee, although I don't. I'll probably ask her to go out for drinks to the cool lounge she mentions in her profile she hangs out at that I've been to with friends and also out on dates to.

falling in love is a very strange and exiting thing

As in you fall in love then she exits?

falling in love is a very strange and exiting thing

Tell me about it. I'm strange and they keep exiting. :doh:

ETA: Forum moderator, please purge my post and PM me confirmation of same, as Frank M has beaten me to it once again. :mad:

that might work... if you write it on your cack and take a picture of it. Chicks love d!ck picks. I have a whole assortment of funny hats to put on mine.

She looks way too high-maintenance for you, Gepetto. Did you ever make any progress with that girl who got her period at the football game?

FAKE!@!%R

She looks way too high-maintenance for you, Gepetto. Did you ever make any progress with that girl who got her period at the football game?

No. I did have a girlfriend for a few months, broke up a little over a month ago. Been texting and talked on the phone almost every day for the last 1 and a half weeks. She's pretty and if things work out I might see if we can get together again.

FAKE!@!%R

She's real. I can tell by her other pictures and the details she writes in her profile about the area we live in.

She's real. I can tell by her other pictures and the details she writes in her profile about the area we live in.

of course she is "real"

Pictures are not.

CATFISH!

how about..."would you be open to meeting for a drink after work on thursday?"

what if she doesn't drink?

Yea, that sounds good. I'll probably wait to say something like that until after we message back and forth a couple more times though.

how about..."would you be open to meeting for a drink now? I'm waiting outside your door."

:thumbsup:

Strike while the iron is hot....but not too hot otherwise something on Barbie might melt.