Sign in to follow this  
406jags

keepers must keep 3?

this is my first post so easy boys. i have to keep 3 of these guys whats your thoughts? dom davis, edge,julius jones, fred taylor,steven jackson, derial jackson. thanks

Welcome aboard...post your rules for a better answer (more well-thought out that is).

Thanks!

Steven Jackson, Edge, and going out on a limb, I'm feeling JJ this year. Last year he was a bust, in most leagues a wasted first, or early second round pick, but he wasn't healthy, he had the dreaded high ankle sprain which puts you out a minimum of 5 weeks, and hurts your cutting ability, and speed for an additional 4 weeks. When he did return he was out of football shape and in a rbbc situation with barber. If he can stay healthy, he is their #1 back, getting 20-25 carries a game.

Welcome aboard...post your rules for a better answer (more well-thought out that is).

Thanks!

Scoring system would help. Without knowing the scoring system (so this is a cheap answer), I would say keep:

Edge

Jackson

J. Jones

"Derial" Jackson....LOL...sounds like a disease.

I agree....S Jax, Edge, and J Jones

:D .

unless you can package two guys (maybe DD & JJ) to get a better #3 keeper...

Depending on what it is that you have to give up in order to retain a player(such as the round in which these guys are drafted), I'd go with Domanic Davis(has to be a reason that they didn't draft Bush) who should thrive in the new offense(think Broncos), Julius Jones(but make sure to snag Barber III in the later rounds for insurance), and DJax(that's what we call him here in Seattle) who was on his way to a MONSTER year prior to getting hurt last season, and should pick up where he left off this year!

OH CRAP! Scratch Julius Jones...I meant Steven Jackson...new offense should mean more carries for another North West (Oregon State) HORSE!!!

ok guys thanks for the help i am in korea right now so computers are not always avalable. the scoring system is 1point every 10yards, 6 points per td, 5point bonus for 100 yard, and 1 point every 10 yards reciving with same bonus.mabey that will change minds about d davis? did well for me last year when on the feild. not many takers on d jackson hmmm i just traded to get him gave a 4th round pick thought he would be one of my keepers if not bummer for me just wasted a 4th round pick??? thanks again

ok guys thanks for the help i am in korea right now so computers are not always avalable. the scoring system is 1point every 10yards, 6 points per td, 5point bonus for 100 yard, and 1 point every 10 yards reciving with same bonus.mabey that will change minds about d davis? did well for me last year when on the feild. not many takers on d jackson hmmm i just traded to get him gave a 4th round pick thought he would be one of my keepers if not bummer for me just wasted a 4th round pick??? thanks again

People might be a bit skittish on Jackson because he's recovering from two knee surgeries in a year. He should be ready to play when the season starts, but there's some caution about keeping him. Davis and that knee swelling up doesn't sound too good.

Edge, Steven Jackson, and probably Darrell Jackson. I kind of like what I hear about Fred Taylor. He's lost weight, changed his diet, and is probably ready to have a big year. Of course, we've all hoped for this for nearly a decade. If you want to take a risk I'd go for the 3 RBs, but I think Edge and Jackson aren't bad and then Jackson gives you a solid receiver...so that's probably the best bet.