Sign in to follow this  
vegasmk

Keeper ?'s

I am planning on keeping Edge and Caddilac but my third keeper I am not sure - please advise

Options are: Jake Plummer, Joe Horn, Andre Johnson, Byron Leftwich

Thanks!

Well, those options aren't that great. However, I think I'd have to go with Horn. The QBs for me would be out of the question. I'd choose Horn over Johnson for a few reasons:

1. New QB - Drew Brees.

2. Reggie Bush.

3. It may sound a little crazy, but after Katrina last year and the Saints not playing in their own stadium, I think they'll be pumped up this year, especially with the addition of Bush. I think the fans are looking forward to an exciting season and I think the whole atmosphere down there is good for the team. And I'm not even a Saints fan :banana:.

I would keep Johnson. I also would rule out the QB's. Horn is older, who know's how Brees will perform, and the Saints will run a lot. Johnson is younger, has a new explosive offense coming in and recovered late last year after injuries. Johnson is the better keeper option.

Plummer, run of the mill.

Leftwich, coming off injury.

Horn, coming off lousy year and Stallworth stepping up.

Andre Johnson, tough year but greatest upside.

AJ is my vote.

I am planning on keeping Edge and Caddilac but my third keeper I am not sure - please advise

Options are: Jake Plummer, Joe Horn, Andre Johnson, Byron Leftwich

Thanks!

Horn...when healthy (which is usually the case) he's one of the more consistently high scoring receivers in fantasy football. This will give you a solid foundation for this year.

Plummer and Leftwich can be had alter if you want them. Johnson? Youth and upside are there, but no proven track record to make a keeper in a 3 keeper league.

I like Joe Horn this year, he has been very consistent and will have a much better QB throwing the ball this year.