Sign in to follow this  
porkbutt

summer plans?

whats anyone here doin? vacations, trips, camps for kids?

looking for ideas...something different.

Doing a short weekend in Palm Springs this weekend, then going to Maui for a week in a few months, Vegas after that around September to see Journey/Def leopard.

• Like 1

We are going to Myrtle Beach for the week in early August. Not my ideal destination, but it has bee our family reunion spot for many years.

St Louis this weekend... arch, museum, family trip.

Chicago..taking daughter to her first Cubs game. Club 400 Saturday (buddy owns Fancave of the year)

July Columbus and Atlanta for a basketball tournament.

Def Leppard journey at the end of July.

Fockin busy

Headed to South Florida for a week in July. Hit up Ft. Lauderdale, Miami and Key West.

• Like 1

daughter is playing in a summer lacrosse league, going to a girls scouts camp, doing ballet camp, a week of crew (rowing), and volleyball clinic.

we are going to the Olympic club for father's day, lake tahoe for 4th of july, and i am doing my annual vegas trip in early september.

Doing a short weekend in Palm Springs this weekend, then going to Maui for a week in a few months, Vegas after that around September to see Journey/Def leopard.

my maui favorites...

Restaurants:

*Roy’s- Kaanapali

*ios- Lahaina

*pacific'o- Lahaina

Sea House- napili (another very good happy hour)

Hula Grill- Kaanapali (good place for lunch and app’s around sunset)

Mama’s fish House

Koa seaside

Star Noodle- Lahaina

China Boat- Lahaina (Chinese)

*aloha mixed plate- GREAT Lunch place.... we prob hit it 3-4 times on our trips

maui tacos makes for a nice lunch as well

*sansei- Kapalua (great happy hour prices!!)

*Merriman’s- Kapalua

Pineapple Grill- Kapalua

Maui Brewing- Kahana

a lot of other great restaurants all over the island.

Activities:

Zip lining

Chocolate & champagne sunset cruise (scotch mist)- it’s on a small sailboat (holds about 8 instead of 80)

Scuba- there are some good sights near lanai. Hawaiian rafting adventures was very good. We’ve seen dolphins along the way…they let us get out and snorkel with them…also have seen whales on the ride over.

Snorkeling- you can go with a group (i used to like the catamaran booze cruises that had snorkeling). Some good spots if you just want to go on your own: Honolua Bay, black rock, and mile marker 14.

Kayaking

luau- feast of lele is pretty good

Haleakula- sunrise at the top of a large cater, then bike downhill for 7+miles……

Helicopter rides

The Road to Hana- it’s long!!! Nice waterfalls along the way. With a little hiking you can find some cascades (pools). There is not much in hana.

There is a winery on the island... not the best wine, but still fun.

Maui brewing Co.- decent food as well

renting jet skis

surf lessons (if you don't know how)

windsurfing

whale watching (when they are migrating)

my maui favorites...

Restaurants:

*Roy’s- Kaanapali

*ios- Lahaina

*pacific'o- Lahaina

Sea House- napili (another very good happy hour)

Hula Grill- Kaanapali (good place for lunch and app’s around sunset)

Mama’s fish House

Koa seaside

Star Noodle- Lahaina

China Boat- Lahaina (Chinese)

*aloha mixed plate- GREAT Lunch place.... we prob hit it 3-4 times on our trips

maui tacos makes for a nice lunch as well

*sansei- Kapalua (great happy hour prices!!)

*Merriman’s- Kapalua

Pineapple Grill- Kapalua

Maui Brewing- Kahana

a lot of other great restaurants all over the island.

Activities:

Zip lining

Chocolate & champagne sunset cruise (scotch mist)- it’s on a small sailboat (holds about 8 instead of 80)

Scuba- there are some good sights near lanai. Hawaiian rafting adventures was very good. We’ve seen dolphins along the way…they let us get out and snorkel with them…also have seen whales on the ride over.

Snorkeling- you can go with a group (i used to like the catamaran booze cruises that had snorkeling). Some good spots if you just want to go on your own: Honolua Bay, black rock, and mile marker 14.

Kayaking

Haleakula- sunrise at the top of a large cater, then bike downhill for 7+miles……

Helicopter rides

The Road to Hana- it’s long!!! Nice waterfalls along the way. With a little hiking you can find some cascades (pools). There is not much in hana.

There is a winery on the island... not the best wine, but still fun.

renting jet skis

surf lessons (if you don't know how)

windsurfing

whale watching (when they are migrating)

Merrimans is outstanding.....think you may have recommended that one when we were out there.

Just walking lahaina is fun, Leilanis in whalers village, jump off Black Rock.....

Hopefully selling a truckload of fireworks June 20th-July 10th

after or before your mom?

merriman's is my favorite for fine dining. sooooo many good casual dining options.... hula grill in kaanapali, aloha mixed plate, sea house in napili (great around sunset/happy hour)

Music ~ Singing, writing, recording ( starting a band )

Art ~ Painting, Drawing, making some money

Spending time with Family

Schmoozing, making friends

Weekend Trips

• Like 1

Bier that’s perfect, we are staying near Lahaina and I will note those food reccs for sure.

• Like 1

Bier that’s perfect, we are staying near Lahaina and I will note those food reccs for sure.

great place to stay. feel free to hit me with any questions. i love maui's dining options... great for all price ranges and very scenic.

:mad: need to plan a trip :mad:

Disney 2 the revenge.

I'll have to bump last year's thread with my new extended trip to include water parks this time

Ireland in June for 12 days then floating down a river in Nebraska over Labor Day weekend. May make a trip to SF at some point but the way schedules are looking now, that may need to wait until next year.

• Like 2

my maui favorites...

Restaurants:

*Roy’s- Kaanapali

*Merriman’s- Kapalua

Maui Brewing- Kahana

Activities:

Snorkeling- you can go with a group (i used to like the catamaran booze cruises that had snorkeling). Some good spots if you just want to go on your own:

Kayaking

Helicopter rides

renting jet skis

Confirmed all of these are great. I'd add the full day Pearl Harbor guided trip if you're a WW2 nerd.

Ireland in June for 12 days then floating down a river in Nebraska over Labor Day weekend. May make a trip to SF at some point but the way schedules are looking now, that may need to wait until next year.

if you make it our here, let me know if you have time to get together

First time in Ireland?

First time in Ireland?

Yes sir. Doing Dublin, Galway, Killarney, and Cork with two other couples. Have 5 tours over 3 days planned but the rest of the time is ours to do with as we see fit.

• Like 1

if you make it our here, let me know if you have time to get together

I'll definitely let you know. I don't think it's going to be until sometime next year but I'll make sure to send you a message when it's solid.

• Like 1

Yes sir. Doing Dublin, Galway, Killarney, and Cork with two other couples. Have 5 tours over 3 days planned but the rest of the time is ours to do with as we see fit.

You're hitting the spots. Temple bar in Dublin is their Times Square. Way overpriced but do

It anyway. Galway is a great spot. I recommend the Aran islands if it's not on your tour already. When you're in Cork go to a town on the coast called Cobh. One of the best spots in the whole country but not a big tourist spot. You'll thank me.

You should definitely hit the Temple Bar in Dublin. I have never been there myself, but the first review on Trip Advisor says its the Times Square of Dublin, and that sounds like fun. :cheers:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g186605-d188821-r383854525-Temple_Bar-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

• Like 1

Disney 2 the revenge.

I'll have to bump last year's thread with my new extended trip to include water parks this time

Water park was one of our best days at Disney. I finally was able to sit on my ass for a few hours and drink margaritas. After walking through all the parks, it was damn near nirvana at that point. :thumbsup: :cheers:

New place at the lake and almost all the work is finally done. I plan on spending as much time as possible on the water and around the fire pit. :cheers:

You should definitely hit the Temple Bar in Dublin. I have never been there myself, but the first review on Trip Advisor says its the Times Square of Dublin, and that sounds like fun. :cheers:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g186605-d188821-r383854525-Temple_Bar-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

Do you have to in every thread? Get over me man.

Smoke some weed and do some ridge walks in Colorado and Wyoming.

Likely a trip to the Carolina coast in August.

Nashville around labor day for some hippie music and a fantasy football draft.

• Like 1

New place at the lake and almost all the work is finally done. I plan on spending as much time as possible on the water and around the fire pit. :cheers:

Wish this was my answer...

:(

We'll probably head down to Destin for a week.

Smoke some weed and do some ridge walks in Colorado and Wyoming.

Likely a trip to the Carolina coast in August.

Nashville around labor day for some hippie music and a fantasy football draft.

Where at in Colorado/Wyoming? I'm in northern CO. I'd happily buy the first round of beers if you end up near me.

Wow, dead to rights on this one. Impressive.

Come on man. Have you just quit, mailing it in?

Heading to Florida in two days. Decided to take a spontaneous trip. Plus theres a whataburger location there that I plan visiting while down there enjoying the beach

Come on man. Have you just quit, mailing it in?

I mean, he caught you blatantly googling places to make yourself seem more cultured and worldly. Gotta give it to him. You got greedy with the verbiage, it happens.

• Like 1

Where at in Colorado/Wyoming? I'm in northern CO. I'd happily buy the first round of beers if you end up near me.

San Juans in southern CO and Winds in WY. Probably be driving through Ft Collins area mid August.

I mean, he caught you blatantly googling places to make yourself seem more cultured and worldly. Gotta give it to him. You got greedy with the verbiage, it happens.

I thought maybe MDC was just doxxing HT and that he was Tony O from the tripadvisor post.