Sign in to follow this  
edjr

DAYTONA 500: Starting Order - February 26, 2017

Pole - Chase Elliott
2nd - DE2
Thursday's Can-Am Duels will fill out the next 36 spots. Below is the running order for the two duels.
:pointstosky:

Only about 20 minutes from my house, I go every year. Will be in the infield hanging with Jordan Anderson.

Where is Jeff Gordon?

Where is Jeff Gordon?

In the boof

I swear, fox has been Trying to push this Daytona day b******* for at least two months now. Hell they had all the buffoons from their NFL show Wearing NASCAR jumpsuits for the SuperBowl.

Hell, I'm not going to hate on anybody for liking This stuff. But bear in mind it is largely Regional, every single driver has a dumb s*** southern accent, And stop trying to force it down the rest of the country's throat. You'll find selected individuals North of the Mason-Dixon, but by and large nobody gives a s***. Nobody wants to sit there for 6 hours a day and watch Cars Go in a circle.

I swear, fox has been Trying to push this Daytona day b******* for at least two months now. Hell they had all the buffoons from their NFL show Wearing NASCAR jumpsuits for the SuperBowl.

Hell, I'm not going to hate on anybody for liking This stuff. But bear in mind it is largely Regional, every single driver has a dumb s*** southern accent, And stop trying to force it down the rest of the country's throat. You'll find selected individuals North of the Mason-Dixon, but by and large nobody gives a s***. Nobody wants to sit there for 6 hours a day and watch Cars Go in a circle.

:lol: :rolleyes:

Dude, you know where I'm from, right?

I hate the southern drawl more than most.

you know these guys don't really talk while they race?

I will agree the race does drag on. I DVR the thing. Watch the start, fast forward looking for crashes and watch the last 25 or so laps.

You hear a lot of Northern, or Boston Accents from the drivers , fans do you? Well geez oh, holy buckets, I was just hoping to get a cup of cwwoffee, but my caaah...

I looked it up - very surprised to see the Daytona draws right there on average with the Masters coverage. I'll be damn.

I looked it up - very surprised to see the Daytona draws right there on average with the Masters coverage. I'll be damn.

doesn't surprise me.

everyone relates to driving.

how many relate to golf? 35%?

The term is Damned. Can't stand this whole group of people who speak And write phonetically. Do you also enjoy fry rice and mash botatoes?

Auburn football and tractor pulls Are a huge draw too.

The term is Damned. Can't stand this whole group of people who speak And write phonetically. Do you also enjoy fry rice and mash botatoes?

Auburn football and tractor pulls Are a huge draw too.

Really? I'll be damn.

I will agree the race does drag on. I DVR the thing. Watch the start, fast forward looking for crashes and watch the last 25 or so laps.

Id say only about half of them even have accents anymore too, Wiff is stuck in the 80s.

Anybody else notice how Nascar has deliberately Gone all WWE on us? At the end of damn near every race a couple of rednecks Start throwing girl punches at each other like they're Ricky Bobby.

Wooo Darrell! Cletus done just throwed his helmet at the number 9 Kotex car! There is fixing to be a real Donnybrook here today!

In the boof

What aboUT that sloppy fock that killed a guy on the track

doesn't surprise me.

everyone relates to driving.

how many relate to golf? 35%?

Surprises me.. Golf is universal - played all over by those not just in the South, but up North, on the West, in the East.. NASCAR isn't really driving - not for the normal person. And NASCAR certainly isn't embraced in the North like golf is.

I'd be curious to see the regional breakdown on it - I'm guessing the South carries the majority of those numbers.

Same. Unless Kyle Busch crashes. Then I just stop watching.

Surprises me.. Golf is universal - played all over by those not just in the South, but up North, on the West, in the East.. NASCAR isn't really driving - not for the normal person. And NASCAR certainly isn't embraced in the North like golf is.

I'd be curious to see the regional breakdown on it - I'm guessing the South carries the majority of those numbers.

NASCAR largest market is in LA. I had to do a lot of research before we sponsored Jordan Anderson last year at Homestead.

He's not totally off base. I'm a huge nascar fan, but Fox & Nascar both made huge mistakes spending & believing it was going to be the next football. Late 90's early 2000 Nascar had some good growth that coincided with more live broadcasts, that finally could reach national audience(also coincided with the splint between CART/Indy Car split) . So both spent a ton of money, expanding, more races & tracks, selling massive commercials, raising cost of sponsorship and what's happened, sponsors are leaving, ratings are down, they over-saturated market. Those new viewers tuned in for awhile, some stayed and became regular viewers, some watch occassionally and a lot left. Why do you think they have to keep adding new gimmicks to the season/scoring, they are desperate to try and get eyeballs back. Nascar is more like hockey than football, it has a loyal fan base that is more regional than national, and it's not enough for the people who really pay for it(sponsors and advertisers) to make back their money right now.

NASCAR largest market is in LA. I had to do a lot of research before we sponsored Jordan Anderson last year at Homestead.

You mean the 2nd largest city in Amurica has more eyeballs than Decatur Georgia? Do tell!

No kidding? Wow - never would of guessed that.

Hicks and rednecks love nascar. While the best hicks are in the souf, still America in large part is very rural and full of white trash. It is the sport of small towns of America, where the bars are filled with regulars who wear numbered hats with matching numbered nascar screen print shirts who havent washed themselves in days. With chew all over themselves.

Hicks and rednecks love nascar. While the best hicks are in the souf, still America in large part is very rural and full of white trash. It is the sport of small towns of America, where the bars are filled with regulars who wear numbered hats with matching numbered nascar screen print shirts who havent washed themselves in days. With chew all over themselves.

:doh:

You mean the 2nd largest city in Amurica has more eyeballs than Decatur Georgia? Do tell!

You are such a piece of sh!t my man, just letting you know. He asked a question and I answered it? I think we all graduated from high school (maybe you didn't) and understand how percentages and the term "per capita" works.

I'd like to see some factual backing for that claim...

If true, wouldn't surprise me. I mean 1% of 10 million people is still more than 80% of 400,000 people elsewhere.

I did that in my haid.

It's sort of like when people say We are the fastest-growing XXX in the country!Well no s***, If there were two of you last year and four of you this year You have a hundred percent growth rate!

I'd like to see some factual backing for that claim...

I have media kits from RCR, Hendrick and PCR Racing, does that count? Or were they lying to me when I was sponsoring a race in Homestead but the LA stats were included?

Not everyone lies on the internet ya doosh. Here is our car: http://galleries.nascar.com/gallery/784/paint-scheme-preview-miami#/22

You are such a piece of sh!t my man, just letting you know. He asked a question and I answered it? I think we all graduated from high school (maybe you didn't) and understand how percentages and the term "per capita" works.

Let me know when you graduate to knowing what Regional breakdown means. That's what he asked.

Let me know when you graduate to knowing what Regional breakdown means. That's what he asked.

I know what regional breakdown means, I'm a marketer, a good one at that. I was just pointing out that LA is the biggest market. Are you saying it isn't?

If true, wouldn't surprise me. I mean 1% of 10 million people is still more than 80% of 400,000 people elsewhere.

I did that in my haid.

It's sort of like when people say We are the fastest-growing XXX in the country!Well no s***, If there were two of you last year and four of you this year You have a hundred percent growth rate!

Understood, I'm very aware of how ratings/share work. Did a cursory search and saw that LA had the largest growth rate in Nascar viewership last year...the article also stated that LA has pretty much the worst sports ratings(overall) in the country.

I have media kits from RCR, Hendrick and PCR Racing, does that count? Or were they lying to me when I was sponsoring a race in Homestead but the LA stats were included?

Not everyone lies on the internet ya doosh. Here is our car: http://galleries.nascar.com/gallery/784/paint-scheme-preview-miami#/22

Wow, so the marketing people gave you information that said Nascar sponsorship was awesome and provided you stats that made it seem that you would get a lot of bang for the buck in LA. Holy Sh!t. :shocking:

And you are correct about one thing, not everyone lies on the internet...but you have, remember I saw your gun video, full of lies.

Understood, I'm very aware of how ratings/share work. Did a cursory search and saw that LA had the largest growth rate in Nascar viewership last year...the article also stated that LA has pretty much the worst sports ratings(overall) in the country.

Wow, so the marketing people gave you information that said Nascar sponsorship was awesome and provided you stats that made it so that LA would look good. Holy Sh!t.

And you are correct about one thing, not everyone lies on the internet...but you have, remember I saw your gun video, full of lies.

Why would I care what the stats were in the LA when I was sponsoring a race in Miami? Why would they need to wow me with LA stats? You are wrong, just admit it. I actually have first hand experience in this, and I am wrong? Wow man, pardon me. Typical Geek Club mentality.

I'll be sure to give you a call next time before I move forward with another NASCAR sponsorship, damn did I fock up.

A couple sleepers to look out for on Sunday.

The 3 car has been competetive over the last couple seasons and has shown the ability to compete at restrictor races.

The 14 car along with the rest of SHR has shifted to Rousch Yates motors and has looked really strong in practice so far.

Why would I care what the stats were in the LA when I was sponsoring a race in Miami? Why would they need to wow me with LA stats? You are wrong, just admit it. I actually have first hand experience in this, and I am wrong? Wow man, pardon me. Typical Geek Club mentality.

I'll be sure to give you a call next time before I move forward with another NASCAR sponsorship, damn did I fock up.

Paraphrase: admit you are wrong, even though I have provided nothing to show that. I admit I'm wrong here all the time, when it's proven, that being said...Mr. Reading Comprehension Issues, I never made a claim about the market, or you being wrong, I said I wanted to see actual numbers backing it up. So even if you are right, me asking a question doesn't make me wrong, you illogical turd.

"He's a marketer - and a good one at that!" - But doesn't realize what a press packet is. LOL

From Autoweek:

The complete top 10 (and ties) by race:

Chase race No. 2 at Loudon, N.H.: Greenville, Greensboro, Norfolk, Knoxville, Raleigh-Durham, Ft. Myers and Nashville (tied), Charlotte, Orlando and Tulsa;

Chase race No. 3 at Dover: Greensboro, Greenville, Nashville, Tulsa and Birmingham (tied), Nashville, Richmond, Ft. Myers and Knoxville (tied) and Jacksonville;

Chase race No. 4 at Kansas City: Greenville, Greensboro, Norfolk, Birmingham, Knoxville, Charlotte, Orlando, Jacksonville and Richmond (tied) and Tampa-St. Petersburg and Indianapolis (tied);

Chase race No. 5 at Charlotte: Greensboro, Greenville, Charlotte, Richmond, Knoxville, Norfolk, Raleigh-Durham, Orlando, Indianapolis and Tulsa;

Chase race No. 6 at Talladega: Greensboro, Greenville, Birmingham, Knoxville, Indianapolis, Norfolk, Charlotte, Orland, Jacksonville and Nashville;

Chase race No. 7 at Martinsville: Greensboro, Greenville, Norfolk, Indianapolis, Charlotte, Richmond, Birmingham, Nashville and Raleigh-Durham.

Conspicuous by their absence in the Chase ratings are the high-profile markets of New York, LA, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas-Fort Worth, Boston, Houston, Miami, St. Louis, Detroit, Denver, Kansas City, Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle, Minneapolis, New Orleans, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, D.C.-Baltimore and Atlanta.

Ironically, perhaps, Chicago, Philly, Dallas-Fort Worth, Boston, Miami, Detroit, Kansas City, Phoenix, San Francisco and Atlanta have nearby NASCAR tracks with Cup races. Except for the season-opening Daytona 500 with its eight-day buildup, major American cities rarely are among NASCAR's top 10 markets in the Nielsen ratings.

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/nascar-sprint-cup/nielsen-confirms-nascar-big-south-

NASCAR stopped providing attendance estimates after 2012. Negative headlines about the sport’s health have blossomed since attendance began to fall, and the crowds have only shrunk since. And ratings show not as many are watching the sport on television, either.

Fox and Fox Sports 1 broadcast the first 16 Sprint Cup races this season. Ratings in seven of eight races on Fox were down from 2015, and four of those were the lowest since Fox began broadcasting races in 2001, according to SportsMediaWatch.com.

International Speedway Corp. and Speedway Motorsports Inc. — the publicly owned corporations that operate 20 of the Cup series’ 23 tracks — have seen attendance revenue fall. According to a review of the companies’ annual reports, ISC’s attendance revenue is down 49% from its highest point, in 2007; SMI’s is down 46% from its peak, in 2008.

SC and SMI have combined to remove nearly a quarter of their venues’ capacity — 475,000 seats in all — in the last five years. The seats were no longer being filled, and the optics of so many empty seats — as at Bristol — has raised questions about the sport’s health.

Looks like Honcho's analysis was spot-on.