Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Several teams preparing to make Patriots a blockbuster offer for Jimmy Garoppolo

Let's say Brady were to miss the entire season - call it a blown whatever... Do Pats' fans feel Jimmy could win the SB?

Probably not, but they would come as close as anyone else.

You sound pretty upset. I apologize. You're right. Your opinion of Wentz is much more informed than all of the experts who say he's going to be a good one. Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to? :doh: :lol:

Yes. That's why I am better at this than you. Because I don't go by "experts" who actually aren't experts at all on player evaluation. The ex football players know more about the x's and o's. Player evaluation? If these people are experts why did they tell everyone that Blake Bortles and Blaine Gabbert were franchise qbs? How are experts only right 50% of the time?

You like to lemming your way through football. That's cool. So do most of the anaylists out there. It just means you will be wrong as often as the masses are.

Yes. That's why I am better at this than you. Because I don't go by "experts" who actually aren't experts at all on player evaluation. The ex football players know more about the x's and o's. Player evaluation? If these people are experts why did they tell everyone that Blake Bortles and Blaine Gabbert were franchise qbs? How are experts only right 50% of the time?

You like to lemming your way through football. That's cool. So do most of the anaylists out there. It just means you will be wrong as often as the masses are.

You have Garoppolo jizz running down your chin. Clean up before talking to me punk

Probably not, but they would come as close as anyone else.

Ok - which is kind of my point.

If Jimmy G. is not good enuff to win a SB, with the SB defending champ, with the GOAT coach/gm, with the best football system on the planet and with everything else that comes with being a NE Patriot - why in the world would another team go and give up a 1st rounder for him then? If Garappolo can't win a SB under the most perfect conditions a qb can have - what in the hell makes Cleveland, the Jets, or whomever - think he can lead their team to the promise land? If he can't do it under BB and that Patriots team - he's damn sure not going to do it in Chicago, Buffalo, etc...

If Jimmy G. is not good enuff to win a SB, with the SB defending champ, with the GOAT coach/gm, with the best football system on the planet and with everything else that comes with being a NE Patriot - why in the world would another team go and give up a 1st rounder for him then? If Garappolo can't win a SB under the most perfect conditions a qb can have - what in the hell makes Cleveland, the Jets, or whomever - think he can lead their team to the promise land? If he can't do it under BB and that Patriots team - he's damn sure not going to do it in Chicago, Buffalo, etc...

That's the kind of logic that makes me think they should quit the NFL. Let some other teams try

That's the kind of logic that makes me think they should quit the NFL. Let some other teams try

Pitt still has 6 rings, there 2 other teams with 5 titles - you are new to the 5 ring club. Don't get too cocky just yet, you're 5 ring parking space hasn't even been painted yet - still has a sticky note saying 'NE'.

Pitt still has 6 rings, there 2 other teams with 5 titles - you are new to the 5 ring club. Don't get too cocky just yet, you're 5 ring parking space hasn't even been pained yet - still has a sticky note saying 'NE'.

No No No!

I can't even type it all out. :(

Put him on a team with a good defense and I think they will be a contender. I think he can be a top 10 QB in the league. For a team like Houston or Denver, that could be enough. In a few years it could be another team. You have to start somewhere

Just saw breaking news on NFL.com that Cleveland has made a deal to pick up

Jeanine Garafollo.

The are extremely proud that they only had to give up a 2nd and 4th round pick.

Sadly this improves their roster

The New England Patriots are not expected to trade quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, league sources told Adam Schefter of ESPN, a decision that will have a ripple effect on QB-needy teams throughout the NFL.

With Tom Brady turning 40 this summer, New England intends to keep Garappolo for 2017 and possibly beyond.

With one less quarterback available for several teams that need one -- a list that includes the Cleveland Browns, Chicago Bears, San Francisco 49ers and New York Jets -- it could create increased demand for other free-agent signal-callers.

Garoppolo was a breakout star for the Patriots while starting in place of Brady, who was suspended for the first four games of the season. Garoppolo led New England to wins over the Cardinals and Dolphins but suffered a right shoulder injury against Miami that knocked him out of the lineup.

A 2014 second-round pick, Garoppolo is entering the final year of his rookie contract with a base salary of $820,077.

Looks like the Pats may hold onto him.

Subterfuge from the Pats

Code: Teams learned their lesson about Brady backups and they weren't getting good offers

Code: Teams learned their lesson about Brady backups and they weren't getting good offers

:D

draft is 2 months away\

Adam Schefter on @OMFonWEEI: "Jimmy Garoppolo is going to be on the Patriots in 2017 no matter who calls them and what anybody offers." :dunno:

This is of course, not true. Bill would sell Brady if the price was right.

Adam Schefter on @OMFonWEEI: "Jimmy Garoppolo is going to be on the Patriots in 2017 no matter who calls them and what anybody offers." :dunno:

:thumbsup:

I think that you underestimate Brady. LR (Bob Kraft) is connected to Brady. As much as BB is the architect, Brady is Patriots now. We keep him until he is done.

The wins and losses may suffer, but our loyalty is true here. Bird is still revered. Orr. Russell.

I think that you underestimate Brady. LR (Bob Kraft) is connected to Brady. As much as BB is the architect, Brady is Patriots now. We keep him until he is done.

The wins and losses may suffer, but our loyalty is true here. Bird is still revered. Orr. Russell.

Yeah, the Pats fans are so loyal they almost moved to St. Louis. And Hartford. Lol.

Yeah, the Pats fans are so loyal they almost moved to St. Louis. And Hartford. Lol.

Really? The NY Giants play in New Jersey.

Almost doesn't matter to the 2nd most lucrative franchise. Get your shine box boy.

Really? The NY Giants play in New Jersey.

Almost doesn't matter to the 2nd most lucrative franchise. Get your shine box boy.

The Giants moved to Jersey because more people wanted to go to their games, not because nobody showed up, like with the Patriot fans. Game Set Match.

The Giants moved to Jersey because more people wanted to go to their games, not because nobody showed up, like with the Patriot fans. Game Set Match.

What? Pats were selling out since 94.

As far as "more people wanted to go to their games", how is that possible in the largest market in the US?

[drops mike]

What? Pats were selling out since 94.

As far as "more people wanted to go to their games", how is that possible in the largest market in the US?

[drops mike]

Their previous stadium was too small? They needed a bigger boat.

Their previous stadium was too small? They needed a bigger boat.

And Foxboro was a Taj Mahal? WTF are you talking about?

You talk about Patriots fans from decades ago who actively supported the team with sellouts against Giants teams who have 15x the fan base wanting more people in NJ.

Look - we have the 2nd most valuable franchise sitting in Foxboro (not a metropolis) and you have two in a different state (in the swamps of Jersey). No contest.

And Foxboro was a Taj Mahal? WTF are you talking about?

You talk about Patriots fans from decades ago who actively supported the team with sellouts against Giants teams who have 15x the fan base wanting more people in NJ.

Look - we have the 2nd most valuable franchise sitting in Foxboro (not a metropolis) and you have two in a different state (in the swamps of Jersey). No contest.

Now you do. 5 SB's and poof! The fans are loyal? Loyalty is measured in the down times. Pats fans turned their backs in the bad times.

Now you do. 5 SB's and poof! The fans are loyal? Loyalty is measured in the down times. Pats fans turned their backs in the bad times.

The NY teams never had loyalty. Teams left the focking state. You have no ground here grampy. Go troll elsewhere.

The NY teams never had loyalty. Teams left the focking state. You have no ground here grampy. Go troll elsewhere.

The moved a few miles away. And no one cares. The Pats were going to go to Missouri. Or Hartford. Sheeeez

Not surprising at all. Most teams are trying to work the Pats like most of the people in this thread, and they don't even realize how good the qb is who they are trying to trade for.

When no one is willing to give fair value, the Pats are probably thinking Screw it, no one will have him this year.

The moved a few miles away. And no one cares. The Pats were going to go to Missouri. Or Hartford. Sheeeez

Exactly. In NY no one cares about football.

Pats did not move out of NE. Gonna hang another banner in Foxboro too.

Exactly. In NY no one cares about football.

Pats did not move out of NE. Gonna hang another banner in Foxboro too.

Almost. And they did move out of Boston.

Keep Jimmy next year. Trade or cut Brady at the end of next year, and give Jimmy the all the monies. Seems like the obvious move.

I guess they could also "encourage" Brady to retire. :dunno:

Not surprising at all. Most teams are trying to work the Pats like most of the people in this thread, and they don't even realize how good the qb is who they are trying to trade for.

When no one is willing to give fair value, the Pats are probably thinking Screw it, no one will have him this year.

And as added insurance they are good enough if Brady went down and can still compete for the super bowl with him so no need to give him away

Fair value - yea, bcoz that's what BB is known for.. It's not a matter of teams not wanting to pony up fair market price - it's teams finally (apparently) recognizing a Bullshiit wool over the eyes deal when they smell it.

Fair value - yea, bcoz that's what BB is known for.. It's not a matter of teams not wanting to pony up fair market price - it's teams finally (apparently) recognizing a Bullshiit wool over the eyes deal when they smell it.

Oh yeah. All the idiot GMs that screw up every off season, every draft, every coaching hire. Finally now in 2017 they all have collectively become geniuses and refuse to pay for at best a 3rd string qb. You nailed it....

Oh yeah. All the idiot GMs that screw up every off season, every draft, every coaching hire. Finally now in 2017 they all have collectively become geniuses and refuse to pay for at best a 3rd string qb. You nailed it....

Maybe their scouts told them only one guy on the planet (besides Jimmy's mother and 3rd grade teacher) thinks he's worth a 1st round pick.. The guy? He posts here.

Maybe their scouts told them only one guy on the planet (besides Jimmy's mother and 3rd grade teacher) thinks he's worth a 1st round pick.. The guy? He posts here.

And the Pats. If he really wasn't worth a 1st then he really isn't all that important as a backup, which means the Pats would take the best offer they had. You are trying too hard homie.

Almost. And they did move out of Boston.

I expected more out of you. Feeble attempt, but I see age is taking its toll.

I never said move out of Boston because that was not a factor since I was born (maybe you are ancient).

I have been a Pats season ticket holder since '94. I have sat in all of those seats and went to games before that when I was a kid who couldn't afford season tickets . How about you, old man?

And the Pats. If he really wasn't worth a 1st then he really isn't all that important as a backup, which means the Pats would take the best offer they had. You are trying too hard homie.

NE is selling - trying to pull the wool over someone's eye.. Apparently your eyes are all they've gotten so far.. And no harm in keeping him - he's cheap and is a viable backup... Hell, even Bradford got a first - tells you what the scouts think of Jimmy Gee.

I really think it's funny that the Pats and Belichick are in everyone's heads. Every offer must be an evil plan to rip the league off!

I really think it's funny that the Pats and Belichick are in everyone's heads. Every offer must be an evil plan to rip the league off!

They've a proven track record of besting damn near every team they've dealt with. It would be stupid to not heed with caution. Especially with a qb with all of 2 games under his belt.

NE is selling - trying to pull the wool over someone's eye.. Apparently your eyes are all they've gotten so far.. And no harm in keeping him - he's cheap and is a viable backup... Hell, even Bradford got a first - tells you what the scouts think of Jimmy Gee.

Man you have been guzzling scout gizz this whole thread. The scouts all know! Trust the scouts! The same scouts who have been drafting straight up busts year after year. You go ahead and keep up with the group think. The more you all think alike, the better my fantasy team does. :lol: Because previous NE backup qbs have been bad, that means every backup forever will be bad :lol: What mental midget logic

The Bears have a history of great middle linebackers, so by your logic this Kwiatkowski kid must be a future HOFer.:lol: