Sign in to follow this  
titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FFToday Chess Tournament

:lol:

it is only a draw if your opponent has only a king left and moves the king 10 times, OR if he only has a king left and his only move left puts him into check. a king cannot put itself into check.

You need to know these rules when you play so you don't get screwed.

also, accept my friend request.

Off the top of my head...

If the King is the only piece remaining, or only piece remaining that can move, your opponent has 50 moves to put you into checkmate. Otherwise it is a stalemate.

If the King is currently not in check, and all remaining possible moves puts the King in check, it is a stalemate.

If the King makes the same back and forth moves 3 times in a row, along with the opponent with the same exact chess piece putting the king in check all 6 times, and your opponent offers a draw, it is a draw.

There may be more.

:lol:

it is only a draw if your opponent has only a king left and moves the king 10 times, OR if he only has a king left and his only move left puts him into check. a king cannot put itself into check.

You need to know these rules when you play so you don't get screwed.

also, accept my friend request.

I thought there were 10 moves, but I didn't even get the chance to make 1 move. I had three pawns left and they were all real close to becomming queens.

If the King is the only piece remaining, or only piece remaining that can move, your opponent has 50 moves to put you into checkmate. Otherwise it is a stalemate.

I used to play on yahoo. it was 10 moves, because 50 would take all day and who is going to count to 50?

I just played on chess.com and the computer had only a king left and after 10 moves, it was a draw.

I used to play on yahoo. it was 10 moves, because 50 would take all day and who is going to count to 50?

I just played on chess.com and the computer had only a king left and after 10 moves, it was a draw.

That is not regulation/championship chess rules. Sad.

My preferred method to victory is to take an advantage, maybe a pawn, and milk it to death like a python slowly squeezing the life out of an opponent all the way into the final stages of the endgame, including the drama of avoiding stalemate. I just don't understand how you can call it chess when it's fundamentally changing a huge part of the game and strategy. It's like saying you want to play a regular baseball game, but only for 7 innings.

If a player were to get bored in the end game, they can always resign.

Ed, I sent a tourney invite to edjunior. I couldn't find you on there by that name to friend though.

in

That is not regulation/championship chess rules. Sad.

My preferred method to victory is to take an advantage, maybe a pawn, and milk it to death like a python slowly squeezing the life out of an opponent all the way into the final stages of the endgame, including the drama of avoiding stalemate. I just don't understand how you can call it chess when it's fundamentally changing a huge part of the game and strategy. It's like saying you want to play a regular baseball game, but only for 7 innings.

If a player were to get bored in the end game, they can always resign.

I've never seen it do that.

I bet what happened is a draw by repitition. If the same position occurs three times, the player can claim a draw. I bet that's what happened.

Hey philly, you seem to know the game, get your ass in the tourney.

If people want, we can form a team and challenge tha fagguts over at fbg next.

Signed up as ReclinerPilot.

I use to play chess all the time in college and got pretty good. may be a little rusty since it's been a long time.

BRING IT ON, NERDS!

I've never seen it do that.

I bet what happened is a draw by repitition. If the same position occurs three times, the player can claim a draw. I bet that's what happened.

Hey philly, you seem to know the game, get your ass in the tourney.

If people want, we can form a team and challenge tha fagguts over at fbg next.

Sigh. I'm hammered.

CH alluded to some of my posts (as Lackman or otherwise) in the past. I was a nationally ranked chess player between the ages of 16-17 (#19 in the nation) at one point. I played the top chess player in the nation in my age group to a draw, which shot my ranking higher than expected. Interestingly enough, in that game it was because I kept moving my queen to two spots and checking his king, forcing a draw possibility, and he offered the draw, despite being slightly ahead in pieces acquired but I had the board advantage since my pieces were wide open. Think about that. #19 ranked among your peers in this country. I didn't play in college. I've barely played since then. For awhile, I played handicap matches vs my neighbors, like I'd given them one or even both of my rooks at the start of the game, and won more often than not. I got cocky. In official tourneys, I would promote my pawns to bishops, and put someone in checkmate with 5 bishops, or 2 knights and a bishop, etc. I've since drank a lot, forgot a lot, and don't know what skills I have left. If I had more time, I'd consider joining your merry gang.

But I was good. Dammit. I was damn good. Once. :(

Sigh. I'm hammered.

CH alluded to some of my posts (as Lackman or otherwise) in the past. I was a nationally ranked chess player between the ages of 16-17 (#19 in the nation) at one point. I played the top chess player in the nation in my age group to a draw, which shot my ranking higher than expected. Interestingly enough, in that game it was because I kept moving my queen to two spots and checking his king, forcing a draw possibility, and he offered the draw, despite being slightly ahead in pieces acquired but I had the board advantage since my pieces were wide open. Think about that. #19 ranked among your peers in this country. I didn't play in college. I've barely played since then. For awhile, I played handicap matches vs my neighbors, like I'd given them one or even both of my rooks at the start of the game, and won more often than not. I got cocky. In official tourneys, I would promote my pawns to bishops, and put someone in checkmate with 5 bishops, or 2 knights and a bishop, etc. I've since drank a lot, forgot a lot, and don't know what skills I have left. If I had more time, I'd consider joining your merry gang.

But I was good. Dammit. I was damn good. Once. :(

Nice story cupcake. Sign the f*ck up.

Nice story cupcake. Sign the f*ck up.

The problem is that the last time I played somebody online, they were running a computer simulation program to come up with the best move against me. He didn't admit it, but it was obvious. It wasn't fun.

I'll see.

Signed up as ReclinerPilot.

I use to play chess all the time in college and got pretty good. may be a little rusty since it's been a long time.

BRING IT ON, NERDS!

I'll invite you when I get home. Chess.com is blocked here.

The problem is that the last time I played somebody online, they were running a computer simulation program to come up with the best move against me. He didn't admit it, but it was obvious. It wasn't fun.

I'll see.

Chess.com is pretty good at catching engine cheaters. It's usually pretty obvious.

I'll invite you when I get home. Chess.com is blocked here.

Chess.com is pretty good at catching engine cheaters. It's usually pretty obvious.

you obviously weren't cheating today:) It's fun when you know you're not playing against a ringer. I have 10 games under my belt since 1995. I've been clobbered by the guys that play often on chess.com this past week. My ranking continues to fall like a rock :cheers:

I'll see.

Cheating is probably more prevalent in tournaments rather than regular games, even rated games. Out of the 600+ rated games I've played I'd bet 99%+ were fair. This is my first tournament and now I'm suspicious of everyone.

:ninja:

I like Chess with friends myself. I would guess someone doesn't have access to it, but if we all did, it would be better, suited to cell phones. Set up tourney ourselves. But Round Robin for sure, is it standard to do 9 games at a time? I can do it, some might have harder time with it.

:cheers:

I'll see.

Unzip your vagina, cockfag.

I'm playing that guy holding a fish, it's his turn.

I've been playing my 'welcomer'(rated like 1384) for the past two, three days...

...we've both made two moves.

I've been playing my 'welcomer'(rated like 1384) for the past two, three days...

Yeah, if you're playing a slow player, a game can take months.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

I did not know I had to hit submit move :doh:

I'm playing that guy holding a fish, it's his turn.

This is why it's nice to have 20+ games going. Whenever you look at ur pooter or phone, you'll always have moves to make.

btw the fish is a Redfish.

I'm playing a dude from Iran. :huh:

I'm kicking his azz.

:lock:

you better let him win or you might lose a digit on your hand - praise allah :ninja:

There are a lot of iranians on there. Its fun to beat them. The think they invented chess (they may have) and take it personally when a representative of the Great Satan punks them at their own game.

I didn't think they were allowed the internet over there? Posting riot pictures is a no no :nono:

Um, I've tried to play a few games and have yet to get one finished. Either it is locking up in the middle or the other guy bails.

Anyone else had this happen?

Um, I've tried to play a few games and have yet to get one finished. Either it is locking up in the middle or the other guy bails.

You talking live chess? Or turn based? Yes, people bail in the middle a lot. You have to sit there till the clock runs to get your points. Its annoying. They've recently implemented a policy where people get suspended for doing that too much, and its helped some.

Did I send you an invite to the tourney RP? I meant to if I didn't. I'll send another when I get home just in case.

You and naomi should make ten, and we can roll.

I'm playing a dude from Iran. :huh:

I'm kicking his azz.

:lock:

Years ago I played a guy from Iraq. I remember I asked him how it was going and he said something like "well a mortar landed on my neighbors house two days ago..." Pretty cool playing people around the world.

Even chessnerds think you're a doosh. :wave: