Sign in to follow this  
Stewburtx8

IBL 2012

I saw Fumble made a post at the TDZ about this upcoming season. I guess it's time to start rallying the troops. All 2011 FFToday IBL members, please check in at the TDZ to confirm interest in participating in this upcoming season.

Also, I guess it can't hurt if anyone wants to start expressing interest in joining the team. I know we will have at least 1 opening and maybe more. Trust me when I say, this league is unlike any other. It's completely free yet the competition is very high, and it's just as much fun (if not more) as my "money" leagues. Feel free to PM me or post any questions in this thread.

So how did FFT do in last years IBL? I always look for update posts but don't remember seeing any.

Last year, we finished 4th out of 8 I believe. The year before we finished 1st.

Alright I am a 6 year Vet in the IBL for FFT and wouldn't mind finally throwing my hat back in the ring now that I only have 1 other league.

we have at least 1 opening that i know of for 2012. We will keep board members posted as we get a final head count.

last year was a disappointment althought we did claw to a 4th place finish. Far cry from our title of 2010. We really have a great group of FFToday Vets representing the board. A lot of great teamwork

I'll bump this back to the top. Anyone else interested in joining the IBL other than the Moz? We may have more than one opening anyways. Any questions, please feel free to ask..

If you have spots, I'd be interested. Seems pretty complicated, true, but that should only make it more fun.

I'll TRY to make this a short summary since like V4E said, it's a pretty complicated league. You can read the full rules in his link.

The IBL (Inter Board League) is a competition between fantasy football message boards (FFToday, FFLivewire, Football Guys, The Huddle, etc). There are 8 boards total (assuming everyone is back) and 12 individuals on each team (96 players total).

There are a total of 8 different drafts with 12 in each draft. Everyone is assigned an initial draft spot. So last year for example, I got the 5th pick in Draft D. The crazy part once the drafts start (they are staggered with 3 starting one week, 3 starting the next week, and the last 2 starting the final week) is that you can trade in and out of ANY draft. So if you see someone falling in Draft B, you can try to trade your pick 2.07D for pick 2.09B and so forth. It's pretty involved but a A LOT of fun. With 96 teams, you almost always have trading partners, but also a lot of competition to move in to certain spots.

Scoring is PPR scoring. 1 point per 10 yards rush/rec. 1 point for 25 yards passing. 4 point pass TD's. Starting lineups are QB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, K, DEF. So you can only start a maximum of 2 RB's and as little as 1. This league puts a premium on WR's.

I saw that there's a 12-hour timer on picks. How long do these drafts typically take then with the ability to trade with other drafts & so on?

I saw that there's a 12-hour timer on picks. How long do these drafts typically take then with the ability to trade with other drafts & so on?

There's plenty of people who use the autodraft feature, so each draft takes about 2 weeks, with 3 drafts starting the last week of July/first week of August, 3 drafts starting a week after that, and the final 2 starting a week after that.

There's plenty of people who use the autodraft feature, so each draft takes about 2 weeks, with 3 drafts starting the last week of July/first week of August, 3 drafts starting a week after that, and the final 2 starting a week after that.

I've definitely got some interest in joining this league & representing FFT. I'm not the most active trader but I'm not opposed to it. In my 5 leagues last season, I only traded twice but got great value in both. I don't have any experience in trading draft picks but would be willing to participate. Let me know if you need another owner.

I've definitely got some interest in joining this league & representing FFT. I'm not the most active trader but I'm not opposed to it. In my 5 leagues last season, I only traded twice but got great value in both. I don't have any experience in trading draft picks but would be willing to participate. Let me know if you need another owner.

Before I joined this league, I hardly ever made trades. But this league is a whole different animal. It definitely got me more actively involved in trading. You also get a lot of offers coming in if you make it known a pick is available. So it forces you to look at potential trades. But I've also seen a lot of people form a very good team just by making their own picks. As far as trading picks goes, this gives you a good starting point... http://www.footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm .

We are currently waiting to hear from many teammates from last year to determine how many openings we have. Once we know how many openings we have (I think we have at least 1), we will discuss potential candidates based on the interest they have shown in this thread.

Before I joined this league, I hardly ever made trades. But this league is a whole different animal. It definitely got me more actively involved in trading. You also get a lot of offers coming in if you make it known a pick is available. So it forces you to look at potential trades. But I've also seen a lot of people form a very good team just by making their own picks. As far as trading picks goes, this gives you a good starting point... http://www.footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm .

We are currently waiting to hear from many teammates from last year to determine how many openings we have. Once we know how many openings we have (I think we have at least 1), we will discuss potential candidates based on the interest they have shown in this thread.

Thanks for the info Stew. That link to the draft pick calculator is a great tool. I'll check in here to see how everything transpires with the rest of the FFT IBL team.

It is that time again . . .

Now, I have got to find my drafter.

I've had reps from multiple boards contact me asking if the IBL is still happening this year Dan.

Did someone say there may be openings in the FFT IBL squad :ninja:

I've had reps from multiple boards contact me asking if the IBL is still happening this year Dan.

This guy gets my vote.

While I figure its a long shot I'm interested as well in the event of an extra opening.

We're making the rounds to the various boards.

And yes, there is at least one opening in the FFT IBL squad. :) Are you throwing your hat officially in our ring, J?

Lets bump this to the top. We are still waiting to hear back from a few people. Please check in at TDZ if you have not done so already.

It's looking like we might have anywhere from 1-3 openings this year. Continue to express interest in this thread if you haven't done so already. Once we get a final count, we will move quickly to try to fill out the rest of our team.

Consider this my annual request for the TDZ password. :thumbsup:

Consider this the annual negative response. :thumbsup:

We're making the rounds to the various boards.

And yes, there is at least one opening in the FFT IBL squad. :) Are you throwing your hat officially in our ring, J?

Email sent :ninja:

Email sent :ninja:

Thank you. I'll respond when my eyes aren't burning and closing. :)

What's the email or link I need to use to express interest in putting my name in the hat?

You've already shown your interest in this thread. There is no additional email/check in necessary.

What's the email or link I need to use to express interest in putting my name in the hat?

Just send a check or money order made payable to white wonder. Pm me for the address

Just send a check or money order made payable to white wonder. Pm me for the address

Are you also that King from Zimbabwe that has $35 million waiting for me as well...

Hope they change the rules so I can keep Ray Rice, Cam Newton, and Victor Cruz.. those guys were MONEY for me last year!!

Oh yeah, I'm in. :thumbsup:

You've already shown your interest in this thread. There is no additional email/check in necessary.

What he's trying to say is that jerryskids, buck, Joe Bryant, and Giants Fan are in before you.

What he's trying to say is that jerryskids, buck, Joe Bryant, and Giants Fan are in before you.

That's just mean

Yeah... That was a lil below the belt

Wrong phrase to use when talking about GFIAFP... Especially if the belt is a Garanimal.

That's just mean

Agreed. I can't believe he included me in the same sentence as those three. :mad: